• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girls: wax, shave, pluck.. what do you do?

pw1024 said:
It still took about 35-40 minutes just to do the underneath part.

That's ridiculous. She obviously has no clue what she's doing. I went in at 4pm on Saturday and was out, dressed and paid by 4.25pm.

ok what do people think of brazilians or totaly bold on guys??

im sick of hair down there (even when i trim it still gives me the shits)

either going to nair it or get it waxed

I used to like to bald look on guys but now i just like it trimmed. I don't know why, maybe it was a faz or something? maybe it's cos i shave and when your partner does too prickles really hurt when you both have them 8o

try nair or anyother loation hair remover .. if not then just wax it hurts like all hell but its worth it

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Whaaaaaa??? That wasn't my experience at all. Either you have a very low pain threshold or you had a CRAP waxer. Acid hitting your skin? You shouldn't feel heat from the wax at all! And an hour? It should take 15 minutes, 20 tops! :\

I dunno, she seemed pretty professional, it wasnt that hot. She tested it on the underside of her arm every time, i was just comparing the pain of the hair being pulled out to feelingl like my skin was going with it. I always thought that I had a really high pain threshold, but I was told it was supposed to hurt alot the first time. Ill have to go to another place and compare, once i gather my courage. and I cant believe they can do you in 15 minutes. Thats insane, she said its always an hour but itll be longer for the first time. I guess it was a bad waxer? I also paid 70 dollars, which I now know is a little too much for it.

I need the recommendation for the good waxer too! If its in the bay area..

^^^^ JESUS, some of you girls are doin it SUPER TOUGH.

I went with my girl last time (she goes EVERY four weeks) and waited in the car and read the paper. I had literally only read one article and she was back in the car as smooth as I have ever seen. Apparently this one is an absolute SUPER STAR. She's on old Greek lady and fuck does she know what she's doing. Apparently she hardly felt a thing........

I think some shopping around is in order.

^ *Nods*

happybunny.... 70 dollars American ?? What the? I pay $35 Australian for mine - that's a quarter of the price of yours (considering dollar value differences), without the torture chamber! Run away from there and never come back!

i'm pretty jealous of all of you who talk of these quick and easy brazilians. mine took an hour and 15 minutes and it cost me $55. i also tipped the stupid bitch, which i now realize was totally inappropriate based on my experience.

oh well, lesson learned. i'll give it another shot with mariposa's esteemed Mona next time.

by the way, my brazilian was last thursday. it's now tuesday night and my skin is almost done peeling.

:\

SLM... we are lucky we live in the city... I've got a friend who lives in cbr, who says it is $65 for a brazilian!

I wax, bare, started about a 18 months ago when an ex who was a bit of a hair-a-phobe asked if I'd consider it... I'd been thinking about it for a while and just went for it. Now I get it done all the time (about every 5-6 weeks, along with legs and other stuff).

I've been to a few places where the girls seem a little wary about getting stuck in there, which is a pain in the ass... if you don't want to look up close and personal at punani... don't offer brazilians. The girl I go to now is great. Nothing worse than going home from a wax and having to tweeze left over hairs.

exfoliation and moisturiser is your friend :)

I actually cheated on Mona for my last wax! She was out of town for 2 weeks and I *needed* to get waxed, so I went to a place that just opened up near Duboce Park, www.blissbeautylounge.com. I had a discount coupon and the regular price of waxing there is only $30 whereas Mona is $40-45 and she's all the way the hell on the Peninsula. They also do awesome manicures and pedicures. I have an appointment for next Wednesday with the new aesthetician because $10-15 bucks is *a lot* of money right now- plus she did an even better job, I was thrilled with the results. :)

@lter & pw & happybunny- I'm so sorry that happened to you, brazilian waxing is unpleasant enough (unless you're a lil turned on by pain and being exposed ;)) without having to sustain burns and bruises!

Check out Bliss. They are very cool there and it's a pretty, spotlessly clean salon.

I can't stress enough to take 2 ibuprofen 2 hours before your appointment time. It makes a huge difference.

Brazliian - healing/regrowth timing

My girlfriend is going for a brazilian on Saturday.

A couple of questions:

How long does it take for healing ie. no redenss, bumps etc. after the rip?

How long will it stay smooth?

we are going to party the following Friday and it would be great if she was completely smooth:)

woud she better off with a wednesday appointment or will the saturday be okay?

re: the brazilians..i just dont understand the desire to be in such a position..

yuck.

Re: Brazliian - healing/regrowth timing

Roscoe said:
My girlfriend is going for a brazilian on Saturday.

A couple of questions:

How long does it take for healing ie. no redenss, bumps etc. after the rip?

How long will it stay smooth?

we are going to party the following Friday and it would be great if she was completely smooth:)

woud she better off with a wednesday appointment or will the saturday be okay?

Roscoe: she'll be pretty red (and maybe have a rash) for about 1-2 days after the wax. After that she'll remain baby-smooth (not even a hint of stubble coming up) for at least a week - 10 days.

Saturday would be perfect timing; she'll be completely healed by the following Friday and still completely hair free... depending on how fast her hair grows of course. Mine stays looking just waxed for at least a week before any regrowth starts showing.

ps. I've been bad lately though and gone back to shaving... bad SLM :eek:

I went on a bit of a hiatus and grew my bush back. The budget the last couple months has not been conducive to salon procedures!

I think as a gesture of my support to John Kerry that I will have my bush waxed this weekend. I don't really like having any hair but a patch or triangle down there, it feels so much better. Down with Bush! ;)

I'm sure he'd be oddly flattered... WAX YOUR BUSH FOR KERRY, LADIES! (and gents, if you feel the urge) :D

Re: Re: Brazliian - healing/regrowth timing

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Roscoe: she'll be pretty red (and maybe have a rash) for about 1-2 days after the wax. After that she'll remain baby-smooth (not even a hint of stubble coming up) for at least a week - 10 days.
Hardly seems worth it for a week of smooth, no?

Yeah, but even when hairs do start coming up they're virtually un-noticeable until about the 3 week mark. Just a little here and a little there, it lasts much longer than shaving, and they're much softer and finer.

No one's mentioned an epilator. They used to make these things in Israel called "Epilady" they still sell them on Ebay. It has a little spring that revolves, catches the hair and rips it out. The hair has to be at least 3mm long. It hurts most people but I'm used to it. What the machine misses, I tweeze. I can go a month without having to do it again. I use it all over, leaving a tiny Mohawk that doesn't show on the skimpiest bikini and looks good at the nude beaches.

i shave or get a Brazilian wax u can use this spray stuff veet i think its called you spray it on wait 5 and wipe it off smoooooth