• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girls: wax, shave, pluck.. what do you do?

@lterEgo said:
okay, that settles it.

i just made an appointment for august 11 at a local spa... gotta give the hair a chance to grow in to a proper length first i guess.

i'm a tiny bit nervous, but i'll just read this thread again before i go :)

yay brazilian!

Honey- If you're in the Bay Area, e-mail me. I'll gladly refer you to Mona the Wonderful. :)

YAY we have another convert!

:D

I got my eye brows waxed two days ago and the stupid chick dropped hot wax on my eye lid... I wanted to back hand her...

You should have told her you'd like to repay the favour and invite her home to drip hot wax all over her......

A great alternative to shaving/waxing/plucking/electrolysis, is the laser hair removal. It is a bit pricy, but compared to either what you're going to pay in expensive razors and shaving cream, or going to have waxings every few weeks, it isnt too bad. I had my bikini-line done, well almost done, I'm on the 3rd of 6 treatments, and its amazing. The laser stings for a really split second, and then moves on... in a few days the hair just falls out. You have to get so many treatments because the follicle grows at different intervals, and to get it all done, it takes a few sessions. ITS MUCH BETTER THAN ELECTROLYSIS... I've heard that really hurts!!

Funny that this thread came up today as I am recovering from a very invasive Brazilian wax. ;)

I continue to believe it will be the only method of hair removal I am happy with from now on. This is either wax #4 or 5, can't remember.

It's especially nice now that it's summertime, and the hair grows back very sparsely if you do it with regularity. Might I suggest the week after your period, when you're least sensitive. :)

YAY for great Brazilian waxing.

I never had a full brazilian.. I shaved one and the itchiness was terrible, so im not doin that again..

off topic: i shave and pluck my underarms and i get ingrown hair... ny tips on how to get rid of them?

back 2 topic: i'v waxed before and i definetly feel that is so much cleaner. I do want to go do Brazillian wif a little strip left at the top but no where ard where i live offers it.. :(

okay, i'm just back from my first brazilian and i would say it was about 90% successful. although i'm not completely satisfied, we'll see how long it takes before some hair starts growing back - if it's really 3+ weeks then i'll be pretty happy.

here are my few minor complaints about the process:

1. the beautician bruised me. i don't bruise easily at all, but she pointed out where my skin had bruised from all the pulling and it looks pretty bad, like really dark purple. weird, but not a huge deal.

2. the lotion she put on afterwards had alcohol in it. ouch! the vitamin E oil was lovely, then she applied this aloe/calamine stuff that i expected to be equally soothing, but it stung like crazy! it was like napalm on my intimate bits! it seems like a stupid idea to put anything with alcohol all over a person who just got hairs ripped out by the follicle and has abrasions.

3. there is still some hair. granted it's maybe only like... 20 hairs total, but it means i will have to go back over the area and shave when the whole purpose of me dropping the money on a brazilian wax was to avoid shaving. the shaving will probably take me 10 seconds instead of 10 minutes which is cool, but ... i don't know. i wanted to be done shaving.

all in all, i think it was a worthwhile experience. the actual pain from the waxing, though unpleasant, was bearable. i think i'll give it another shot, just maybe with a different beautician.

to those of you that have had this done, does my experience sound about right for a first-timer or do you think i had a sub-quality beautician?

i love brazilians. My aunt gave me a bunch of brazilian wax gift certificates for a local spa as my graduation present.

As for the the other 99% of the time, I just shave. I like the way it feels and it has always seemed like a good hygienic thing to do.

I'll be getting a brazilian soon finally (i think i've said that a few times now) :p but i really am this time lol in preperation for my clit hood piercing ;)

I've always wanted to get a brazilian. I'm trying to work up the nerve.

Shave...I use men's shaving foam, tends to avoid razor burn.

I'm working myself up to get a wax, but even getting my top lip waxed makes me want to pass out, so I think that....

Still, I'll do it.

I hate you, i hate you all. EVERY ONE of you. This truly was the unforgivable sin. I too, joined the masses in getting a brazilion. it was the MOST PAINFUL thing I have ever experienced. Its worse then getting pierced ( ihave tons of piercings) its worse then hot hoil burning you, its worse then getting burned, its worse than acid hitting your skin. it is unlike anything, i didnt even finish it. The worst part is that it is never just one second of pain. It is 10 seconds of unbearable pain for each strip, and the worst is that you know that its not over. You know that its not far from over, that you still have one hour left of this. I squirmed, I screamed. I would rather have broken all my fingers and nose myself then go through this.

I wish i had ketamine.

happybunny said:
its worse then getting burned,

actually, i got burned during my brazilian. i didn't realize it until later because it was my first time and i just figured it was part of the normal pain. however, the aftermath has proven to be every bit as unpleasant as the wax itself. i am actually PEELING right now. i'm so bitter; this was supposed to beautify the area but instead i look like i have leprosy of the labia.

:X

happybunny said:
I hate you, i hate you all. EVERY ONE of you. This truly was the unforgivable sin. I too, joined the masses in getting a brazilion. it was the MOST PAINFUL thing I have ever experienced. Its worse then getting pierced ( ihave tons of piercings) its worse then hot hoil burning you, its worse then getting burned, its worse than acid hitting your skin. it is unlike anything, i didnt even finish it. The worst part is that it is never just one second of pain. It is 10 seconds of unbearable pain for each strip, and the worst is that you know that its not over. You know that its not far from over, that you still have one hour left of this. I squirmed, I screamed. I would rather have broken all my fingers and nose myself then go through this.

I wish i had ketamine.

Whaaaaaa??? That wasn't my experience at all. Either you have a very low pain threshold or you had a CRAP waxer. Acid hitting your skin? You shouldn't feel heat from the wax at all! And an hour? It should take 15 minutes, 20 tops! :\

Last edited:
@lterEgo said:
actually, i got burned during my brazilian. i didn't realize it until later because it was my first time and i just figured it was part of the normal pain. however, the aftermath has proven to be every bit as unpleasant as the wax itself. i am actually PEELING right now. i'm so bitter; this was supposed to beautify the area but instead i look like i have leprosy of the labia.

:X

That shouldn't happen. A little redness is normal but not peeling. Goddamn, you poor things (you and the poster above you). I've only had one bad wax and I never went back to that particular girl again (wasn't accurate enough with the strips so had to 'pick' bits off - ouch).

It is VERY worthwhile shopping around for someone who is quick, efficient, and uses the right temperature wax. :eek:

ps. I'd go back to that salon and tell them what has happened to you - get a refund or a gift voucher for something else.

pps. I just got waxed yesterday and today I'm totally normal, smooth as a baby's bottom, no irritation whatsoever. That's how it should be.

Oh my god @lterego I just read your full post about your first wax - no no no , no way in hell was that a professional experience.

1. You should not be bruised; you should be asked to hold your skin taut *yourself*, so you control the pressure. I have never had bruising or pulling or even SLIGHT discomfort from the pulling, whatsoever.

2. Lotion with alcohol? What was she thinking? It's a delicate area down there!! The lotion my beautician uses is so soft and fragrance/alcohol/perfume/paraben free.. I want to steal it to use over my whole body.

3. There should be NO hair left. The one time I had the shit waxer, as I mentioned above, she did leave some hair. I took a look down there after she'd "finished" and said straight out "Can you get the rest, please?". Some waxers are.... I dunno, a bit nervous or something about touching your inner bits but you need to let them know that even one extra hair is unacceptable. My current girl is brilliant, I don't know how she does it but she manages to get every single hair in the whole area in about 8-10 long strips. It's over before we finish talking about our weekend.

Lord almighty.

I went to the same estitician as @lter. My exsperience was just as bad. First of all, she didn't have the correct wax to begin with. We stopped after an hour because the wax she was using didn't actually pull the hairs out, leaving the underneath part. This should've been a clue not to go back, but I did because I didn't know any better. We went back a week later after she got the proper wax in. It still took about 35-40 minutes just to do the underneath part. It hurt so badly, and my skin was so swollen and red, and also burned that I told her to stop. She wasn't able to get all of the hair in just that short time, she left about 40 hairs, but i just couldn't stand the pain anymore. And some of the hair I think only broke off and wasn't pulled out of the folicles.

Mariposa-I would like a referal to your beautician if you will please. @lter tells me you swear by her. I would like to try this again, but I will NEVER go back to the lady who did my first one.