• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

gillywin is gone

hi, sorry to hear of your loss, i didnt know ur sis, but i caught her posts about " the machinist" she will be missed, my condolences

i haven't written anything yet because i wasn't (and i'm still not, to be honest) sure exactly what to say- i never thought i could be so stunned and upset at the loss of someone i hadn't even met.

anyway, here's my 'separated at birth?' photo i made for her a few months ago- for everything they say about mischa barton being so damn beautiful, i think you'll find the truly gorgeous one is on the right.

my sincerest condolences
xx

Clairey, I meet gill a few times and im very saddened by her death - my deepest condolences to you and your family. I cant begin to imagine the suffering you must be going through right now, and im truly sorry for your loss.

I think NVS is orgainising some drinks at roller or nu vibe this week, you may want to ask him and join us?

Words cannot express....

Such a terrible loss of such a fibrant beautiful face of bluelight. I never had the pleasure of meeting gilly I could only admire the online personality we had all grown to love but its obvious how many many people she had touched in real life or in just cyberspace.

My heart goes out to all the family and friends.

RIP Gilly.

I'm finding this so hard, I thought being at work would help but it hasn't :( I can't imagine what it must be like for her family

She thought very highly of you Claire. I had a few conversations with Gill about you. Be strong. She was very proud of her little sister.

Last edited:
wow i havent been on all weekend and miss this.... my heart goes out to all that she has touched she will be sorely missed by all here and her family, such a big loss for all involved again my heart goes out to all ..

ClaireyWin, I've merged the thread you started accidentally while trying to reply with the original thread about Gilly. I know that when i first joined bluelight, i unintentionally started a few threads that i'd only meant to reply to. :)

Please know, and i'm sure i'm not only speaking for myself, but we're all thinking of you and your loved ones. Gilly was an amazing girl.

Originally posted by nickyj

She thought very highly of you Claire. I had a few conversations with Gill about you. Be strong. She was very proud of her little sister.

Nickyj: This is one of the things i love about bluelight and the opportunities it gives people. ClaireyWin may have never known that Gilly spoke to you about her in such a loving way if she'd not read it on here.

Much love to you all.
24.gif

This news made me very surprised and sad. Gilly always seemed so happy and upbeat. Condolences go out to her family and friends. I hope wherever she is now that she is happy.

Much love and respect. R.I.P

Love to you always, our beautiful blue-eyed Gilly.

Shocked.
Numbed.
Distraught and helpless.

So many emotions stemming from the demise of someone I met once, but spoke to online through a special little site some of us know about for what felt like an eternity.

Such a bubbly girl. Such a sharp witty brain. Such a beautiful persona, both online and off.
Such a shame. Such a waste. Such sadness.

Darling, wherever you are now, whatever you're doing - - - - we all really hope you've found the peace you were searching for.
hearthrob.gif
hearthrob.gif
hearthrob.gif

ozbreaker said:
Oh no no no. not gilly. :(

Only today i was on the verge of getting another snow dome to send over to her.

This is so sad. she was so funny, smart and caring...

I still cant believe it.

Rest In Peace Gilly and condolences to everyone whos life she touched.

I never actually met her but we spent hours chatting on the net. So shocked. A very sad day indeed. I only hope she's in a better place now.

<3 :(

Gill really loved that snow dome you sent over for her, she went on about for days... just thought you'd like to know my mum's placing it in the coffin with her...

Holy crap. What?! Shock. uh.

I didn't get the chance to meet Super Gilly, when there were several chances too, damn, this is hard to take in. :(

It was only a week or so ago she was helping me on MSN think of idea's to procrastinate here at work while I was waiting till 5:30 so i could finish work.

"goto the toilet, that usually gives you at least 5 minutes, I'm a master of procrastination" - Gillywin

Damn, I wish I'd met her. She seemed like one of those people that could actually get along with anyone, genuinley. I didn't even know her yet she made me feel like we were good friends.

One of a kind.

Such terrible news to wake up to yesterday morning :(

I never knew Gillywin beyond her posts on bluelight, but as others have said, she was definitely one of those people who's posts you looked out for and held in high regard.

Hearing about the death of someone so young always guts me. Losing another member of our community in this way is heartbreaking.

RIP Gilly, we will miss your smiling face around this place <3

I never met Gilly or really chatted to her online, so while this isn't a personal tragedy for me, I was still shocked to hear about her death because she's one of the names I recognise straight away as a bluelighter. To everyone who's feeling the loss, my heart goes out to you guys in a big way...

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to say it, and I really do apologise if I'm speaking out of turn, but...having been suicidally depressed several times in my life, I can't stress the importance of not holding it all in. You're not as alone as you might think, and maybe you won't find someone who can relate to what it is to live through your life...but it helps so much sometimes knowing that even if people don't understand, they care. Sometimes it helps just knowing that people care.

To anyone who has suicidal feelings...please talk to someone about them. Please talk to a friend or a relative or a counsellor, or if you can't bring yourself to do it face to face, do it anonymously online. If that's still too confronting, keep a diary. Write letters that nobody will ever see. Write poetry or paint or do anything that will start teaching you how to let this stuff go, because if you hold onto it and don't ever give yourself the chance to get past it, it will eat you up. You have to give people the chance to show they care...people really do, but even when you feel like your sadness is being broadcast so loudly, the people who love you may not ever know the intensity of your depression unless you actually come out and tell them.

Life can change. It's really really hard to believe that sometimes. It took me more than the first quarter century of my life before I started wanting to actually live.

I really hope this doesn't come across as me getting on a soapbox because that's not what this is about at all...it's just frustrating when stuff like this happens--like I said, I didn't know Gilly at all, but I saw how much people were affected the other night when they found out and that in itself tells me how sad this is.

:(