• ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๓ ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ
    European & African
    Drug Discussion


    Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: Shambles

๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ Social ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ Gibberings ver. CCXIX - "what's new, c*nty chops?"

Good morning folks,

Fucking hell. Really? Already? What...

@alasdairm I don't know the ban history or reason for the ban but If be interested to if the gentleman in question is ok with that. What's he done now? Called a spade a spade or a cunt a cunt? More likely the latter knowing him... But can we have our Bandit back, please? He is very stimulating to conversation on the board in general and is also a really nice guy most of the time. We all have our moments. Yes my opinion is biased and I appreciate that moderating a place like this is not easy. But, please? Pretty please? You have a good Sunday either way.
you can totally make a pipe out of a baguette, are you sure it was a dream?
Like lunch and dope on the run for the busy forehead who doesn't have time for both? Great stealth too. So you're carrying a baguette around all the time, nothing wrong with that. Even if it is a bit toasty round one end. So am I...
Yeah I know I could google it butโ€ฆ how does one clean a hash pipe? Mine is gakked tae fuck and Iโ€™d be tempted to replace it but see some of yโ€™all tokers make the effort to clean em out. Howforso?
Alright @Shambles have you done the actual yet? I find it doesn't usually need to be completely clean but for that the isopropanol method our friend @ageingpartyfiend mentioned will do the job. Personally, I find the problem is usually in the stem or sometimes base of the bowl. Unscrew if it disassembles, straighten out a reasonably sized paper clip heat it some and you can generally sweep round the stem in a couple of goes yielding a couple large blobs sticky black oil and a smokeable pipe (when reassembled). This oil can be heated on the clip and then smeared usual canto the inside (or even outside if already rolled) of a spliff you would like to supercharge for a particularly thick and intoxicating smoke. However the correct use of this oil is to collect into a small lump when cool and then insert somewhere into the exterior fabric of a friend, family member or acquaintance who has slighted you and is about to make and international aeroplane trip's favourite carry on bag. For darker fabrics it can be melted again to be absorbed into the fabric itself or dissolved in isopropanol and applied then allowed to evaporate. Et Voila - oh the laughs you'll have watching as they're led away to the gloving room.

Oh and @Bleaney , absolutely, don't let the other cunts get to you. We know you're a good lad, you know. Fuck everyone else.

Have a nice Sunday, folks.

BB
 
can you help me understand why you say this? do you know the reason for the ban? the warning history of the user, etc?
it's a fair challenge, so sure I'll explain, though given there's no transparency it's hard to be certain about things and that lack of transparency isn't great imho, but I do understand why posts need to be deleted at times so on balance probably the best compromise.

my comment about it being "a fucking joke" is multi faceted
  1. I'm assuming he was banned for the thread that I was in where I asked if someone's benzo usage was a "problem" - I might be wrong but it seems a sensible assumption. I'd read what had been written and can therefore figure out what was deleted, sure I may have missed some posts and realise that things might have escalated but suspect I didn't miss all that much if anything at all given I'm in the same timezone as Bandit. So my assumption is banned for effectively being blunt, direct, rude and aggressive to someone, which when coupled with previous history = ban. Would his posts in that thread have caused someone else to be banned, from what I read I suspect not if they didn't have his history
  2. Bandit does comes across at times as a bit of a hot head, he would say he's direct and straight to the point though and that there's a big cultural misunderstanding between the US and UK
    • I think there's some merit in his point having fallen fowl of the same thing myself despite me being quite a chilled & calm person, and I do know that you will understand this cultural difference better than most given where you were born, however I'm not sure how familiar even you are with the grit that is generational working class poverty and hard drug use in Britain and what that's done to us collectively as a group of people
    • Bandit is very self aware of this and it is simply what it is, he doesn't ask for or expect any sympathy, I'm cut from the same cloth and can 100% relate to his life view. A spade is a spade, if you're out of order expect to be called out on it
  3. Yes I know I've not been around that long, and I get there's more history and he's a repeat offender. The last time he was banned I tried to get him to calm down via dm before he was banned because I thought he was taking things too far
    • Honestly at the time I was a bit confused by his reaction because I didn't know any of the history with Pete, though having been educated looking back at things he was clearly being intentionally provoked, and yes he bit and reacted when he shouldn't have done so, but really given their history and repeated harrassment from Pete is it a surprise?
    • Cultural difference again maybe, but when someone is being a twat in the UK you'll get called out on it, continue and "we have a problem so let's sort it out", to use a hockey analogy it's gloves off time and let's go at it. I think in the UK we get to gloves off faster because there's no guns here, and that's not a flippant comment, the threshold is lower because the risk isn't as great
    • I may be wrong but from memory I don't think the agent provocateur (who I assume was Pete?) was banned despite my recollection that he threatened to "send the boys round" to Bandits house
    • Are perm banned members allowed to create new accounts and harrass people? Maybe if Pete's alt had been banned then that thread wouldn't have esculated in the 1st place?
  4. There is certainly a bit of "don't you bloody learn" Bandit here too - hence my earlier posts in the thread joking about how long it will be until his next ban...
  5. IMHO there should be a lot of latitude to have heated debates and I know you and the mods do give this, add into the mix intoxication and i think the latitude does need to be wider than you'd see elsewhere, but still a line needs to be drawn, the challenge is translating cultural differences on a global forum to ensure that standards are applied fairly and consistently
  6. Bandit is a heroin addict, but he's not a "junkie" in the way that society uses that word with discust, he's wise, inteligent, spiritual, massively knowledgeable and in just the short time I've been here one of the most guenuine and caring people I've ever had to fortune to meet in the 50+ years I've been on this planet
  7. He's the life and soul of the party, he's a charecter, he's fun to be around, and I learn something new from him every day he posts
I'm not even sure how long his ban is for this time, but this place will be a far far worse place without his contribution until he's back with us.

There's a lot to unpack there, and I know there's so much more history that I'm unaware of too.

Hopefully it's not a long ban, but if there's an ability to review/reconsider I know that would be welcomed from a lot of people.

Council for the defence rests.
 
interested to if the gentleman in question is ok with that.

i don't understand what you mean here?

What's he done now?

he was warned for a threat of physical violence against another user. that triggered an automatic temporary ban.

But can we have our Bandit back, please?

you can have him back when his temporary ban expires.

a really nice guy most of the time

i'm sure.

zb was banned for making a a threat of physical violence against another user. i don't care how great a guy he is or how much he brings to the forum, threatening violence is absolutely unacceptable.

You have a good Sunday either way.

thank you. you too.

Council for the defence rests.

thanks for the well-considered post and questions. bluelight has a long-standing (decades long) policy of not sharing staff-only discussion. i have to respect that so my hands are tied slightly but i'll share what i can, in the interests of transparency, to inform this discussion.

as i mentioned earlier, nobody at bl is ever banned for a single comment. problematic posts receive a warning and what happens next depends on the warning history of the user. might be nothing. might be a lengthy temporary ban.

zb has received 20 warnings, 5 of those this year. here's a sample of some of the problematic content he's posted:
  • "they'll have to identify you by your dental records because they'll be nothing left of your face"

  • "He will need that fackin' Codeine to take away the pain from his ribs when I break them"

  • "Stop posting, come see me offline & we talk. Breaking of rules will be the least of your worries, I will break your ribs."

  • "It's a promise, I don't make threats."
that's not folksy banter. it's not straight talk that's been misunderstood. those are threats of violence and they are not tolerated on bl, regardless of the poster.

before this current ban, he was given 19 formal opportunities to adjust his behavior. he chose not to.

and i disagree this is some cultural misunderstanding between the us and the uk. the eadd moderator is from the uk. of the 5 warnings issued this year, 4 of them were issued by me. i am from the uk.

if you'd like to help him out, when he comes back, have a word and help him understand that posts like those are totally unacceptable.

thanks again for your post.

alasdair
 
Last edited:
Top