• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CCXI - Decorating a Horse with Fanny Pads

I did a year of my Uni studying comics, still wondering why (OK yeh it did seem like the easy road, turned out it wasn't). it did introduce me to the joys of the freaks. I wrote a thesis on them specifically to that very edition. They did a compilation a few years ago. Was great to finally get ever Freak story in one book. Lecturer was a bit of twat and he marked me down as he was looking for more cutting edge stuff like Maus.
I would have marked you up for having good taste. And for its time the FFFB's were very cutting edge and a great comment on society at large.

Ooh, well played sir.

@BigG: Y'know? I haven't got a clue what it means. I think I first saw it in a Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comic where some cunt had set his vicious dog on a copper while shouting: "Sic 'im Fang!!".

On the other hand it could have been in Viz.

Or I could be making it up completely.

Meh, my memory ain't what it used be (and it was fuckin shite then tbh....)

Aah, 'twas indeed FFFB...

ZsJ1V8w.jpg

Morning / evening everyone. Full up with a cold here so a day in bed for me. It seems everyone i know either has this or has had it recently. Cursed thing. It sounds like a hard one to shake too.

Morning, all :)

I woke up to a horridly sore throat this morning. However, snoo in other areas means it is a fine start to the day all the same. Currently making a hot honey drink (toffee apple dilootin' juice wiv lemon & honey) that will hopefully help with sore throat. Seems to be quite a bit of it about :!

My sore throat has retreated but its turning into a head cold. Apart from that I am good. Chicken soup, red wine and valium on the agenda

My sore throat has retreated but its turning into a head cold. Apart from that I am good. Chicken soup, red wine and valium on the agenda

Was just bout to say 'you're starting early on the wine!' then realised the time difference :D

Hmm... can't help feel that red wine, chook soup & Valium would be more exciting than a hot honey drink. Although I must say I'm rather enjoying it - they should make toffee apple squash all year round rather than just Halloween cos it's delish! :D

Hmm... can't help feel that red wine, chook soup & Valium would be more exciting than a hot honey drink. Although I must say I'm rather enjoying it - they should make toffee apple squash all year round rather than just Halloween cos it's delish! :D

It's not that exciting but its got me feeling ready for bed. Night all.

Night consumer.....

Had to go back to see the doctor this morning to be treated for chronic dehydration from those fucking fentanyl patch withdrawls.

Basically got a load of anti-shit-yerself and anti-spew-yer-ring meds....(excuse the technical medical phrases....:))

I was wondering, why did you use fentanyl recently? What injury do you have that warranted fentanyl?

I was wondering, why did you use fentanyl recently? What injury do you have that warranted fentanyl?

I dont know if you saw it but I posted a while back about burning my leg quite badly at work?

Anyway the burn became infected quite badly and that led to blood poisioning. This all fucked my leg up quite badly and led to a unpleasant stay in hospital.

I think with fentanyl patches many doctors somehow regard it as the "be all and end all" of any type of chronic pain in individuals who've had a long history of previous opiate prescription and pain management.

It is indeed very strong (roughly x100 stronger than morphine) but sometimes people get carried away with that figure....yeah It's 100 times stronger but the doses are 100 times lower......it's all relative really...

A 25mcg patch is roughly the equivalent of someone on 60-90mg of oral morphine per day. Its not some miraculous panacea of pain management that some doctors think it is.

One thing tbough.....due to the way transdermal drug delivery systems work in general means that to deliver 25mcg of fentanyl per hour for 3 days the patch much contain a huge amount of actual fentanyl to maintain the diffusion gradient. A 25mcg patch actually contains 4.2mg (milegrams) of fentanyl.....even after it's been removed after 3 days there is still 2.4mg of active fentanyl left in the patch. If you know how to take "advantage " of this then that's a lot of bang for your buck so to speak.....

How things going with you meth script? You happy with you're dose or planning to increase at all?

Ahh shit, Yeah I seem to remember reading about that, fucking hell mate! You must be due some good luck soon eh!

I'm surprised that you were scripted fent though, I would've thought you would refuse that after your experience with methadone w/ds?

If it was me I would've tried getting the dr to script me oc80's or something!

Yeah mate you can smoke the patches or extract them using citric acid iirc

The meth is going great tbh man, since I've been on it (6 weeks now) I have only used 6grams of h, which is pretty miraculous for me!! usually would use that in two weeks!
I'm on 70mg daily at the mo and I am happy on this dose, I don't wanna go any higher than this, I don't feel it would be necessary to go any higher

Ahh shit, Yeah I seem to remember reading about that, fucking hell mate! You must be due some good luck soon eh!

I'm surprised that you were scripted fent though, I would've thought you would refuse that after your experience with methadone w/ds?

If it was me I would've tried getting the dr to script me oc80's or something!

Yeah mate you can smoke the patches or extract them using citric acid iirc

The meth is going great tbh man, since I've been on it (6 weeks now) I have only used 6grams of h, which is pretty miraculous for me!! usually would use that in two weeks!
I'm on 70mg daily at the mo and I am happy on this dose, I don't wanna go any higher than this, I don't feel it would be necessary to go any higher

Thing is they had me on a diamorphine pump while I was in hospital and I needed something when I left as my leg hurt big style....

Like in say they seem to think fentanyl patches are some kind of miracle but they just aren't. Over the years I've had literally everything and fent is probably my least favourite. The 400mg oxycodone script I had was probs my favourite:) (4 x OC80s and 4 x 20mg oxynorm per day).

I've had both the gel and the plastic matrix patches and they vary as to what you can do with them. People do smoke the plastic ones but that just sounds well dodgy to me....I mean smoking burning plastic sounds vile!! (people usually smoke the gel from the resevour patches). In terms of making them instant release I found just applying them sublingually worked as well as anything. You get most of the patch, very little is wasted and the BA is high....

I wasn't in a position to refuse anything at the time though as it really was incredibly painfull....I would have drawn the line at accepting methadone though if theyd offered me it. That was just something I'd never take again.....man those WDs were TOUGH!! (do me a favour BCF mate.....make sure you don't miss an appointment and lose your script man......don't want to see that happen to you!!!)

That's good your having luck on that dose. It really depends what you want from it I suppose. If you want a dose that will hold you through the day but still allow you to use on occasion then that's spot on. If you wanted to not use at all then obviously youd need more to achieve a full blockade. Its all down to you and what you want from it.....you may decide in the future that you want to be off heroin and methadone completely and re-evaluate things but for now it's doing what you want which is all you can ask of it really :)

Ahh what was pure hospital grade heroin like?? what were the doses per pump? i'd hazard a guess at 1mg or something stupid?

I heard from a mate the simplest way to get the most from the patches whilst wearing them was using a hot water bottle, careful though as my opiate tolerant mate ended up oding doing as such hahaha

Yeah man, I mean all I want for the moment is to not be sick and be able to have the occasional treat, occasional being the important word there! and so far I have achieved that!

And yeah mate I won't be missing any appointments!! that's for sure!

Ahh what was pure hospital grade heroin like?? what were the doses per pump? i'd hazard a guess at 1mg or something stupid?

I heard from a mate the simplest way to get the most from the patches whilst wearing them was using a hot water bottle, careful though as my opiate tolerant mate ended up oding doing as such hahaha

Yeah man, I mean all I want for the moment is to not be sick and be able to have the occasional treat, occasional being the important word there! and so far I have achieved that!

And yeah mate I won't be missing any appointments!! that's for sure!

Pharm grade diamorphine is ok but nowt to write home a about really. In fact I doubt most would be able to distinguish it from regular morphine sulphate. The doses were around the 5-6mg range which is about the equivalent to 10mg of morphine. The only real advantage is that diamorphine is a bit more water soluble so the total volume of the injection is a bit less and it can be given SC a bit easier if required and smaller volumes don't damage fragile veins in old people quite as much....

Yeah adding heat increases absorption by about 30% at 30 degrees C which is quite a bit. Lots of people have gone over from sunbathing or sitting in a hot bath while on them. The thing with fent is that it's not all that recreational and respiratory depression tends to kick in before the high does meaning that people can go over before they even feel anything. People sometimes don't realise that 1mg fent = about 100mg of morphine or 60mg heroin so you don't need to fuck up much to be extremely dead. For a shitty drug like fent it's just not worth it TBH....

People see the massively high strength and assume it must be amazing but it's not. Plus it fucks up tollerance big style... Try being on that and going back to codeine or tramadol and you get a bit shock lol!!....

Yeah man I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy pharm grade heroin compared to illicit heroin, and yeah at that dose you prob don't feel anything recreational from it at all

Yeah I never liked fent when I had it, I had a mannitol blend that was 14mg per g of blend, was scared shitless i would hit a hotspot with it lol but I didn't

And yeah it raped my tolerance big time!

Come into the tinychat room people, it's a good laugh!

Before I touched Fent if you'd told me I'd be shooting/smoking the equivalent of a gram of Morphine to get slightly toasted for an hour or so I'd have laughed in your face.

It's not so funny now...