• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe getting the most out of suboxone

You don't need to get the most out of it. It's to stop you craving other opiates. Unless you're not on it for management and are thrill seeking. Then, I dunno, plenty of info out there. But also plenty of better drugs. If you're drug seeking on suboxone, may as well go back to what you were doing before, or go get some professional psychiatric help quitting.

If you have a limited supply I could see wanting to get themost. The only tiem I ever IV'd or IM'd bupe was when I literally had 1/4thof what I should have had for the next week or so.

Well I've works for films and tabs, I've even done it without a micro filter, but it's a stupid thing to do. At least filter it.

this is my first post gang. Interesting site we have here with an incredable amount of info. I feel all warm and cozy, like i'm among friends. this seemed like as good a place as any to post my questions after doing alot of searches and learning so....
brief background, life long addict of one substance or another. been on subs for 3 years and it passifies the beast. taking 3-4mg/day sublingually for the last year +. doc wont go above 3 (pushing for 2 and says she will leave me alone there:?) and I dont ever take more than 4. I cant afford relapsing so I will continue on the subs until something revelutionary happens. Its all good (mostly) life has been productive since starting the subs. unfortuatly this is how my month goes... prescribed 3mg/day then take 3-4/day for the first week or 2 then 3 for a week then down to 2 or less for the last week. 2 or less starts to be troublesome. this is the best I can do
I have recently been exploring increased BA and potentiating and could use some advice. I have tried the 151 proof/bupe thing (.15ml-1mg sub) and I can feel the alcohol. I havent consumed any alky for 6 years. either its going in sublingual or running down my throat. whatever it is I dont like the feeling. it may stretch the bupe but the tradeoff isnt good. i was thinking maybe up the nose with the bupe along with tagamet/benadryl on occasion.
-how should I prepare the bupe (strips) for snorting? is there a limit to how often is safe to do this?
-I know how the tagemet helps but how much and when (before the bupe) should I take it?
-how does the benadry potentiate and how much and when on that too.
-is there a limit to how often I should use the potentiaters?
I think if i start incorporating these techniques occasionally maybe I wont end up in the same spot every month... or maybe I will. I can only hope. thanks for your advice

I started out on 32mg of buprenorphine, now I'm down to 2mg a day. I take one dose in the morning while my mouth is dry. The best way to absorb buprenorphine pills is to let the pill dissolve under your tongue as directed then, take the dissolved particles and coat your mouth for several (10-15) mins with the bupe. Its the best way to get the maximum bio-availability out of the drug. This method is not intended to get you high due to the ceiling effect of buprenorphine, and will not. It is intended to make your dose last as long as possible usually right around 24 -26 hrs, that way it reduces your doses easier, and makes it easier in the habit of staying sober... hope this helps

[/QUOTE] if you meant that you only have half a strip left, my advice is to take tiny pieces at a time, waiting 30 minutes after you swallow in between doses, until you feel good. It can take over an hour for all of it to get into your system, even at the 0.1mg range. You will be shocked at how far a tiny piece gets you. I can make 4mg of sub last me a week and a half if I need to.[/QUOTE]

"Hey everyone Im new to posting on here but have been reading for years. I am currently on suboxone after a 15 years opiate/opioid addiction (heroin,methadone,fentanyl,painkillers) I have been on suboxonee now about a year and 5 months. I started at 30 8mg strips a month, taking half(4mg) in the morning and another 4mg at night. I had tapered all the way down to 10 8mg strips a month but was recently bumped back up to 15 a month after several months of running out early.
My question is how can i make my strips last longer? I have yet again ran low on my subs and out of a script of 14 8 mg strips I only have 4 and a half left and have 17 days to go till my next appointment.
I already understand that I have messed up here and I am starting to get extremely frustrated with myself that I continue to screw up like this. I tell myself every month that I will do it right this time and I never follow through.
Any and all replies will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time

From what I've been reading, and swim just tried it tonight, you can inject sub strips, which will make your stash last longer because injecting, the bioavailability is 100%. Sublingualy, under your tongue, the bioavailability is closer to 25-35%. You should use a quarter of your regular dosage. I don't condone injecting. Please read everything you can about doing this safely before trying and remember to use way way less. Also you can try booty bumping, which is injecting it in your butt. Also, read as much as you can before trying. Be safe and good luck.???☺☺☺☺

^we don't use swim, please edit your post and read the rules

And please use a micron filter if you insist on injecting subs, people have lost their arms this way and it's horrible for your veins

Yeah.. Injecting subs isn't the best way to go, while at the same time it is.. ITs very much addicting, just like IV anything else would be.. I'm so stuck on slamming subutex, I cant stop.. I also cant lie, it does work a LOT better that way! BUT, plugging works almost just as good, with no negative side effects... seriously, I used to plug both suboxone and subutex, after I made the switch from suboxone to subutex.. I always used the suboxone tablets, the white generic ones, but I wont go into that in detail as its not really allowed on here... I will just simply say, they were white round suboxone tabs and they worked WAY better than brand name strips ever did for me at least.. I hate the strips opposed to the pills, the pills aren't as bad to IV as the strips either, for anyone who is dead set on injecting their subs.. keep that in mind! Kleinerkiffer is right too, if you must inject, you SHOULD use micron filters to filter into a much cleaner, safer solution... I honestly do not use them, and have just recently started losing some of my best veins after years of IV subutex/suboxone tabs. I use the next best option, which would be very tightly rolled cottons, which I usually make tightly rolled by wetting it. I usually filter them 2-4 times, or as much as I need to before my solution is crystal clear... although, I know even if it is as clear as water, its still not as good as using a micron filter would be.. unfortunately I live with my parents, and having IV related anything shipped to my house, will not work out.. they hold onto the mailbox key, so anything shipped here, if it has my name on it, is definitely going to get opened before I get home from working everyday.

Sub ROAs have the best bioavailability, from worst to best ROA efficiency wise in this order: Oral (totally useless like less than 10% BA don't bother taking sub if you plan on swallowing it, very pointless), sublingual(not much better than oral, surprisingly! as its the recommended way to use it! with only around a 25-35% BA on average! that's not too good IME, and it is a pain in the ass to take if you have to be around other people all day, whom you don't want knowing you take subs like work for instance!), sniffing(works a lot better than sublingual IMO, much easier and less time consuming than sub'l as well, and has over ~ 54% BA I believe? Still not very good for you HR wise, as is sniffing almost anything really.) plugging(said to have around the same BA as sniffing on Wikipedia, but I don't buy it.. it feels WAY stronger, works way better, lasts almost as long as sublingual, kicks in within 5 mins after plugging it, and just works great..), IV(~100% BA, very efficient, but very bad for your veins and for you in general.. also, its duration of action is much shorter than other ROAs for the most part, only usually holds me at my 2mg dose, for like 5-8 hours or so, while any other ROA would last me nearly all day long...). In a nutshell.. I would totally recommend plugging it, regardless of what form it is in.. pills or strips, suboxone, subutex or zubsolv, they all work great that way! By far the best, all around way to take sub.. without turning your perfectly good veins, into PVC pipe like hard and losing some of them for good, and harming you at all really!

**Sorry if this is wrong place...not sure where to post my question...**

Not sure...totally new to the Sub world... Tried half of a 8mg sublingual strip approx 18hrs after last usage (IV heroin). I felt worse. Sweating, upset stomach...just all together worse. So I said f-it and got a sac. I've stupidly shot up twice now (yes, I know I am totally wasting it. It's just that I thought it would help take some of the edge off...which it kinda did...unless it's all mental. Whether it was in my head or not...either way, it sort of helped) Now, I felt absolutely zero rush nor any warm fuzziness that I was praying for. Plus, Im kicking myself for running back to heroin...my evil partner in crime. My question is...because I shot up twice will I have to wait the 12-24hrs to take more Sub or can I take the other half soon? Did I feel shitty because I took the Sub too soon? Any advice is appreciated...thank you.

**Sorry if this is wrong place...not sure where to post my question...**

Not sure...totally new to the Sub world... Tried half of a 8mg sublingual strip approx 18hrs after last usage (IV heroin). I felt worse. Sweating, upset stomach...just all together worse. So I said f-it and got a sac. I've stupidly shot up twice now (yes, I know I am totally wasting it. It's just that I thought it would help take some of the edge off...which it kinda did...unless it's all mental. Whether it was in my head or not...either way, it sort of helped) Now, I felt absolutely zero rush nor any warm fuzziness that I was praying for. Plus, Im kicking myself for running back to heroin...my evil partner in crime. My question is...because I shot up twice will I have to wait the 12-24hrs to take more Sub or can I take the other half soon? Did I feel shitty because I took the Sub too soon? Any advice is appreciated...thank you.
Sub is most effective once you are into the real throws of withdraw. If you take it in anticipation of withdraw, like within 18 hrs of last use, you will precipitate withdraw, which is much worse than waiting for it to occur naturally. I completely understand w wanting to make the transition easier and faster, but their are other ways to go about that. See kratom extract, loperimide, a small amount of benzo... All will help you stave of withdraw while waiting the appropriate time before starting subs. Side note...many states are trying to legislate kratom off the market. If you're a serial relapse threat, like me, stock up. It's so very helpful!! (But tastes awful)

I also learned that less is more and more is less with Suboxone/Subutex (Buprenorphine).. 2mg doses are the way to go! You get that NorBuprenorphine which is a full agonist opioid exactly like Oxy, Morphine, Methadone, Heroin, etc.

Dosing 2mg every 6 hours is the best way to get the most out of Buprenorphine.

I dose 1-2 mg subutex every 4 hours sometimes 3 maybe I need to cut back lil more but at the end of the day(which I work 12 hr shifts and wake up 2-3 hours early and usually go to sleep 1-2 hours after my shift. But at the last 4 hours or so I deff feel opiate effects like my eyes itch besides my whole body! I can feel nauseous but it's not where I'm throwing up and I eat a lot which was always a sign for me when I was high on my DOC. Wish that feeling would happen right away seems when I'm in that state the last 4 hours that's the best part of my night! I been on subutex for 2 years this march. I haven't had any slip ups With any other opioids! My doc is thinking of letting me try methadone at a low dose I take subutex for addiction but also pain. He would prescribe me 40-50 mg a day. Not sure I wanna go down that road or if it will help more on my pain issue? Choices choices lol

Yeah I'm going to give my body a break.. I've been off Bupe for a few weeks now.. and getting blasted everyday with other opiates.. mostly Oxy/Heroin/Opana/Dilaudid.

I've been taking lower doses of Methadone the last few days on top of Oxycodone..and have gotten really good highs off the combo.. esp using benzos on top also (VERY DANGEROUS MIXTURES, DONT TRY AT HOME).

I'm going to get off the methadone and use Oxy/H for a few days.. then go on a Bupe binge for a week or so.
You got to wait 72 hours after last dose of 'done to go back to bupe, and 24 hours of the shorter acting opiates.

Methacodone, has the same exact opinion, on his earlier post about bupe.. how its a full agonist when done at doses <2mg. Nor-bupe.. and it can be almost just as powerful as any other full agonist, if not just as or more powerful depending on what full agonist opioid/opiate it is.. But i bang it, and cant stop with ease.. i have had to not bang by bupe due to random things before, and plugged it as i used to.. and i also sniffed it too, a lot back when i got on it, and right before suboxone made the strips.. then a bunch of generic suboxone tablets started getting manufactured, once the strips were put out on the market, and were the only tab form of suboxone available.. white moons.. the best generic 'boxone tab.. that's as far as i will go, we aren't supposed to discuss that usually.

Bupe to me, is just as addicting when done IV, as many other opioids are.. IME with it! DO not start.. plug it if anything, its harmless and works incredibly well.. almost feels just as good a IV, IMO. If you are someone like myself, who cannot stop bangin it, than i would at least take the cleanest/safest possible precations and actions, when doing this.. it can be VERY harmful, especially in the strip form and cause tons of problems, if not properly filtered, not using clean rigs, spoons, etc.. and when done in a dirty area, or the injection site is not cleaned and is dirty.. i always make sure to follow all the safety precatations when doing this, BUT i do not have micron filters when i slam my subutex.. it is bad i know, but I do not have the ease of doing this, as i still live at home.. or else i totally would.. cottons, if rolled tightly and are clean/sterile cotton balls, the tighter the better, and you filter 2-3x at LEAST, it isn't AS bad as not filtering it at all, or just one cotton filter, not rolled tightly, and too loose.. is not good at all, no matter the form of bupe it is.. they are all bad on the veins. Stick with the old booty bumper... it works greeeeaaaat! lol.

^ The ba for bupe is about the same plugging, as sublingual. Other than IV, intranasal seems to render the highest ba, and onset of action..

Jeez this thread is old!

Sublingual dosage of suboxone only yields 30%. I don't use strips and I'll tell you why. The dosage of the meds is not homogoneous. Meaning it varies in different parts of the strip. And I be found that as long as you stay away form other opiates you can iv the pills in which case you get 100%. So if you are prescribed 8mg. You can if 2 and be perfect. But use a micron wheel as I do. I've been doing this for abliit two years and its the same as oral 8mg. But micron filter ppl!!! And generic pill only they are much cheaper than the strips and you can be sure what you are getting. This gives me 6mg a day I can save. The bioavailability is bullshit when taken oral. You don't get a rush and it will not make you sick as long as you have no other opiates in your system. So forget all this alcohol craps. Get your $'s Worth.

Hi! Has anyone taken or is taking Bupe for pain management? If so, I would really love to hear how you stopped all other opioids and started Bupe. My transition is this week. I have Lupus & Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome with excruciating pain from head to toe. I have been on pain management for 4 years and I've never abused a drug. I take by the book and always have. I was however on Fyentenyl patches for the better of 3 years and asked that my Dr please let me change that to OxyContin ER so I wouldn't have such a hard time going from the patch to Bupe. Now I take 2 OxyContin ER 40 mg qd & a Oxycodone 30 mg as needed for breakthrough pain. Any ideas how bad I should let withdrawals get before starting the Bupe and how much? The Dr prescribed 3 8/2mg films per day.
Thank You so much!!
Zebra1972