• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe getting the most out of suboxone

jones-in_J

Bluelighter
Hey guys

So ive been reading that disolving suboxone in an alcohol solution can triple the bioavailability

Now i get the strips not the pills..

Sso im wondering how would i do this? I was reading one place they said to take a couple drops of everclear and have that in your mouth with the suboxone? But i was wondering if thay works nearly as good cuz its not ethanyl (and really i have no idea what ethanyl is?)

Thanks for any replys i only have a certain number of these strips and need them to last as long as possible to give myself the best bet staying off heroin successfully for once :\

I suggest using the search function before starting new threads. Here is a thread that is, well, exactly the same is this.
Getting The Most Out of Suboxone Film

Using an ethanolic solution will only increase the BA from 35-40% to 40-50%, so for some people it doesn't change at all. You get the most out of it by taking it sublingually. You are taking the drug to stay off of drugs, and that includes stopping addictive behavior such as taking medications other than how they are prescribed to be taken.

Once you stabilize at your dose a slight difference in BA isn't going to mean a thing. So I suggest putting the strip under your tongue, and getting on with your day working on getting your life back on the right track. This does not include taking a suboxone strip out and mixing it with ethanol, taking the magic recipe and putting it under your tongue.

I honestly jut use mouth wash before i take it. I think it helps absorb a bit faster if anything. I do it constantly every day so i'm stabilized, dont fuck around with my dose, dont try and get "high" off of it, ever, etc. I do what i should. I notice on days i dont use mouth wash it definitely takes longer to dissolve, at the very least.

Try this out and see what it does for ya.

Thanks maybe ill just try that ive heard of other ppl doing the same. Im not trying to get high off it (cuz "high" from suboxone sucks when you have ANY tolerance to opiates)

And actually i heard the alcohol thing can make it BA as high as 70% if i remembet correctly tommy. It was on a link for a page writteb by a doctor who was also an addict that i found on opiophile maybe ill look it up later to link it

I have only heard of intranasal being up to 70%

If you are on maintenance, then I wouldn't be concerned with BA. The only time that I would ever be concerned with getting the higher BA from suboxone would be if I only had like 0.5mg of suboxone total, and wanted to get more of a buzz from it. But if you are taking it daily, none of it matters really. You will notice once you stabilize at your dose that it doesn't matter much if you take 1-2mg more or less, considering you are on any dose at or above 6-8mg or so. The long half-life allows for some freedom in fluctuating the dose a little bit without noticeable effects. It's only when you get down to low doses when tapering that you begin to notice the dosage changes, and even then it may take several days at the lowered dose to notice.

Ok i see what youre saying but im coming off a .5-1g a day really strong raw habit

Took 24mg today and wanna get by with no more then half a strip a day here on out to conserve. I just wanna be able to get the most out of that half a strip you know? And before anyone says i dont need that much yea i probably couldve gotten away with 12-16mgthe maybe but even a full strip of 8mg wouldnt of cut it. I tried this same ammounts a couple weeks ago and twenty four hours after the second day of 4mgthat i was sick a s a dog. I skipped third day dose and got high fourth day instead so im hoping this time ifbi take 4mga third day this time and dont skip doses i wont go into such terrible withdrawals. I couldnt believe how fast and hard they hit

You can use everclear or just regular 40% liquor - Just put your piece of sub in an oral syringe (the big ones with no needle), draw up just enough alcohol to dissolve it (should take a few minutes), and then squirt under your tongue. Problem is that the strong alcohol can make you salivate rapidly, and you might end up with a mouth full of spit very quickly, screwing up the absorption.

The key to doing sub is remembering that less is more and more is less. You want to do so little that there are actually some free opioid receptors, this way you can feel more effects from the bupe. I say even if you are using it for maintenance...as long as sub is the only thing you are doing...why not do the amount that will make you feel the best? You are going to want to taper down until you can do about 0.5mg or less at a time. I don't see how you could possibly be withdrawing after taking more than 1 mg, but everyone is different. How long are you letting the sub stay under your tongue? Some let it sit for closer to 30 minutes.

edit - if you meant that you only have half a strip left, my advice is to take tiny pieces at a time, waiting 30 minutes after you swallow in between doses, until you feel good. It can take over an hour for all of it to get into your system, even at the 0.1mg range. You will be shocked at how far a tiny piece gets you. I can make 4mg of sub last me a week and a half if I need to.

Last edited:
You can use everclear or just regular 40% liquor - Just put your piece of sub in an oral syringe (the big ones with no needle), draw up just enough alcohol to dissolve it (should take a few minutes), and then squirt under your tongue. Problem is that the strong alcohol can make you salivate rapidly, and you might end up with a mouth full of spit very quickly, screwing up the absorption.

The key to doing sub is remembering that less is more and more is less. You want to do so little that there are actually some free opioid receptors, this way you can feel more effects from the bupe. I say even if you are using it for maintenance...as long as sub is the only thing you are doing...why not do the amount that will make you feel the best? You are going to want to taper down until you can do about 0.5mg or less at a time. I don't see how you could possibly be withdrawing after taking more than 1 mg, but everyone is different. How long are you letting the sub stay under your tongue? Some let it sit for closer to 30 minutes.

edit - if you meant that you only have half a strip left, my advice is to take tiny pieces at a time, waiting 30 minutes after you swallow in between doses, until you feel good. It can take over an hour for all of it to get into your system, even at the 0.1mg range. You will be shocked at how far a tiny piece gets you. I can make 4mg of sub last me a week and a half if I need to.

After taking more then 1mg?? Seriously? After shooting half a gram to a gram a day you think 2mg should be enough for all withdrawals?

Yea i leave it under my tongue that long

At <2mg doses of Subs, you allow more norbupenorphine action. Norbupe is a full agonist, which would mean stronger analgesia.

Less is most definitely more with Suboxone/buprenorphine. I have been on 8mg 2x daily for about 5 or 6 months, it took me a minute to learn this. I first noticed when I would distinguish a more distinct mood uplift at 2mg doses. I don't take more than 4mg in a day anymore.

my method: small doses with high frequency. (2mg every 4-6 hours) seems to be the best way as of 3 years now. a 4mg+ dose is unpleasant for myself.

So if you guys were in my shoes

How long would u wait before taking more after 24mg dose?

Also include what your drug/roa is that leads you to that time frame/dose cuz me being on iv heroin obviously wouldnt do what oral oxycodpne 30mmg would take

I must add weed is very nice for mental aspect coming off dope though i was real depressed about quitting dope this morning. Which is weird maybe 24mg was way too much

I think the BLer "Swain" shoots the same amount as you, and he goes back to 6mg of suboxone I believe.

After taking more then 1mg?? Seriously? After shooting half a gram to a gram a day you think 2mg should be enough for all withdrawals?

I think 8mg should hold just about anyone. I think that the problem that some people run into is they don't wait long enough before dosing the suboxone. If you wait almost 48 hours when you are really sick, there is no way that 8mg isn't going to take away your sick and make you feel good. But if you take it when you are just in minor withdrawals, then the bupe isn't going to help as much since your receptors just had a gram of dope on them the day before, so it's hard for anything to compare to that. But when you go from absolutely nothing in you for close to two days then it's gonna work so much better.

Whenever I wait just 24 hours to take suboxone it's like I just don't get sick for longer, but don't feel the suboxone either. When I wait 48 hours when I'm actually sick then 2mg will feel better than 8mg taken at the 24 hour mark.

So basically I think you're doing it wrong. You can't just take suboxone at the time of your next usual dope dose and expect it to work well.

I think the BLer "Swain" shoots the same amount as you, and he goes back to 6mg of suboxone I believe.

I think 8mg should hold just about anyone. I think that the problem that some people run into is they don't wait long enough before dosing the suboxone. If you wait almost 48 hours when you are really sick, there is no way that 8mg isn't going to take away your sick and make you feel good. But if you take it when you are just in minor withdrawals, then the bupe isn't going to help as much since your receptors just had a gram of dope on them the day before, so it's hard for anything to compare to that. But when you go from absolutely nothing in you for close to two days then it's gonna work so much better.

Whenever I wait just 24 hours to take suboxone it's like I just don't get sick for longer, but don't feel the suboxone either. When I wait 48 hours when I'm actually sick then 2mg will feel better than 8mg taken at the 24 hour mark.

So basically I think you're doing it wrong. You can't just take suboxone at the time of your next usual dope dose and expect it to work well.

Oh. Youre right thats how i do it, the second i start getting sick i take that shit

Maybe ill try waiting till im good and sick before taking it... well heres the thing though

I have a 40 hour a week job that i HAVE to go to. Amd i have crohns so when my withdrawals start im literally in the bathroom 24/7.. not okay at work. Sso thats where im fucked with letting myself get so far into withdtawal. But at least this weekend i could problu do it at latest

So tommyboy. How long would dYOU recommend before i take any more and what dose would you recommend? Ill try my best to wait it out

When I was doing a similar ammount of heroin, I would wait the 24 hours usually and start off with 4mg, increasing the dosage as I needed. Usually 8 mg was sufficient for me, but sometimes I would take 16 as it seemed to give me a better sense of being "held" (thought this was probably psychological). The thing about buprenorphine is that it has a cieling effect, meaning taking more than a certain ammount (which most people believe to be around 4mg it seems nowadays), will not give any increased opioid effects. However, during induction your body is metabolizing the buprenorphine differently than a chronic user (because there is no buildup), so it may be necesairy to take 8 mg or more the first few days. After you stabalize though, you should be able to easily maintain at a dose of four milligrams with a rather fast taper.

So tommyboy. How long would dYOU recommend before i take any more and what dose would you recommend? Ill try my best to wait it out

Have you tried loperamide (imodium) to help with your bowel movement issues? I wouldn't go too crazy with it, but 12mg should do the trick (I'm talking about the loperamide not the suboxone).

If you took 24mg of suboxone today you should be able to go 48 hours no problem without dosing again. Well maybe not 'no problem' but just minor discomfort that won't have you running to take more suboxone. I think that 6mg is a good dose. Whenever I go up to 8mg I seem to get weird side effects like anxiety and headaches, whereas 6mg doesn't do that for me. Lately though I max out at 2-3mg, with 1mg being a normal dose. My habit is small now though, but still if I wait 2 days to dose it makes a world of difference compared to dosing 18-24 hours after my last dose. 36 hours works OK sometimes, but that's the minimum I would wait now, and if I can hold out to 48 hours (I work 40 hours a week too, on my feet the whole time and under stress so I give in at 36 hours sometimes, but have made the 48 easily on my days off) I will do it.

great posts from everyone here already, and i have to agree with the consensus that has been drawn about BA not mattering much at all if stabilized, and that you should try to take your suboxone as prescribed. the only time i would stray from what my doctor would say would be:

a) being prescribed to high of a dose (i.e. anything above 6-8mg for me)
b) trying to conserve the stash due to money or whatever other issues

with that being said, tagamet helps

^yes, I agree. However I do feel that IF using your suboxone through another ROA such as rectal, I.V, Insufflation etc.. (this is assuming for I.V that the suboxone is micron filtered and sterile equipment and correct technique is used), it is still an improvement from using ones DOC. That being said, I found that I was the happiest when I was taking suboxone sublingually, at 1 mg a day. I also think that for those who inject there suboxone, they should really give plugging a shot, its all around safer, and superior in every way IMO. My oppinion here may be slightly extreme, but I think sniffing your suboxone is a vast improvement over doing dope/whatever, even if it still is abusing your medication. I know that for myself, and a lot of other people, the only way that I could make suboxone work was to mess around with it until I was using a ROA and a dose that provided the biggest "glow". While this isn't ideal, it did keep me from using street drugs the majority of the time, and give me some time to improve my life since I wasn't caught up in the whole dope game.

Yeah tommyboy is right.. I generally have a 10-15 nyc bag daily iv dope habit. I tend to alternate from dope to bupe a lot so the transition always sucks. Th elonger you are on bupe and the shorter dope vacation you take - the easier the transition.

Personally, I am prescribed 4mg daily now... The 1st day or two I take as much as 6mg usually in 1mg doses (i have 2mg pills). By day 3 I feel a worlds difference than I did after my 1st bupe dose. It's easy to get down to 4mg and even lower the longer I go.

People tend to use more bupe than they need to because on the 1st day or 2 you have extremely diminishign effects the mroe bupe you take. I.e. your 1st 1mg might provide partial releif, but your body temp is fucked up, rls is goin, etc.. Some people end up taking like 24 mg to literally no advantage, and continue on that dose daily thinking to themselves "my habit is way worse than everyone elses, etc.." You would be surprised..

Bupe is super duper strong.. I was on 80mg methadone and still using heroin and I switched to 12mg bupe after over a year, and that was more than enough. Overkill really. My doctor said I would need 32mg no joke. Honestly I coudl have got by with less but that 1st day or 2 you just feel so bad it's natural to try and medicate your self. What tends to provide a little extra releif for me is which is OTC is dxm. I don't get crazy with it, but it does help a little. If you don't take benzos regularly they can make the transition to bupe literally painless. At most youll be laying on the couch but 1 or 2 bars totally takes care of my chills/rls which for me is the worst part of teh transition. Take benzos too mcuh and you fuck your self even worse though.

If you can manage to go like 2 weeks on bupe then take no more than a 1-2 day vacation you will be in a much better position than someone who switches weekly and spends 50% on dope and vice versa.

^yes, I agree. However I do feel that IF using your suboxone through another ROA such as rectal, I.V, Insufflation etc.. (this is assuming for I.V that the suboxone is micron filtered and sterile equipment and correct technique is used), it is still an improvement from using ones DOC. That being said, I found that I was the happiest when I was taking suboxone sublingually, at 1 mg a day. I also think that for those who inject there suboxone, they should really give plugging a shot, its all around safer, and superior in every way IMO. My oppinion here may be slightly extreme, but I think sniffing your suboxone is a vast improvement over doing dope/whatever, even if it still is abusing your medication. I know that for myself, and a lot of other people, the only way that I could make suboxone work was to mess around with it until I was using a ROA and a dose that provided the biggest "glow". While this isn't ideal, it did keep me from using street drugs the majority of the time, and give me some time to improve my life since I wasn't caught up in the whole dope game.

Personally I think bupe is easy enough to get legally and cheap enough that you don';t have to switch ROA's simply for better absorbtion. Sublingual works just fine. As far as plugging, I havn't tried but always felt that as a dope/bupe dependent user the constipation/probably heavily backed up fecal system would prevent it from working properly. Any truth to that? Most people that I read about plugging dope seem to be occasional users...

Shit before you shoot..words to live by.

Last edited: