• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Getting rid of dope hiccups (100% EFFECTIVE)

the drinking out of a cup backwards thing only seems to work sometimes

What always works for me is just controlling my breathing, everyone's gotta find their own technique

wow, i've never heard that before. that's pretty badass that you figured that out man, you should get it copyrighted or some shit, lol

That is what I do to cure any types of hiccups, and it works 100% once you learn to do it!

Opiate hiccups happen to other people? I thought I was nuts! God they last f'ing forever and drive you f'ing batshit.

Opiate hiccups happen to other people? I thought I was nuts! God they last f'ing forever and drive you f'ing batshit.

They've only occurred for me while I have been on buprenorphine. I never got them from using heroin.

Just hold your breath for 10 minutes, then you will have other things to worry about besides your hiccups.

I used to get them often from hydrocodone. I've been told that it is a reflex action that your body does in attempts to get more air in the system. It makes sense that forcing as much air in as possible would remedy the situation by causing blood O2 levels to rise.

FWIW, getting a teaspoon of sugar and sucking on it (not straight up eating it, just sucking on it in your mouth) worked for me 95% of the time. The OPs method is the much more medically sound one though, I have no clue how the sugar worked.

I've been told that it is a reflex action that your body does in attempts to get more air in the system. It makes sense that forcing as much air in as possible would remedy the situation by causing blood O2 levels to rise.

How could a hiccup get more air in the system? All it does is interrupt your ability to breathe for a second when it happens.

How could a hiccup get more air in the system? All it does is interrupt your ability to breathe for a second when it happens.

It interrupts your ability to breath normally, because it is a spasm of the diaphragm. It doesnt function properly today of course, but the idea I was referring to was that it was an old leftover function used to increase oxygen level by forcing the diaphragm to contract which would push air out and force you to breath back in rather than hold your breath.

I just read up on some of the latest literature and it looks like some findings are pointing towards hiccups being completely gastronomically based, and connected to the same reflexes that cause vomiting. This might make sense in the context of opioids, since they cause nausea and vomiting in some people. Perhaps there is some stimulation along that pathway that doesnt cause noticeable nausea but does invoke hiccuping. Who knows.

Sounds like something to try.
What always has worked for me was drinking water through a napkin on top of a cup.

Nothing gets rid of dope hiccups for me. I never knew why i got them before reading this post though.

ya know what really really really works? hearing a knock on the door and looking out window and seeing the cops in your driveway.

i swear by this method. ;)

damn I'ma try it, I should have the hiccups tomorrow morning so I'll let you know!

ya know what really really really works? hearing a knock on the door and looking out window and seeing the cops in your driveway.

i swear by this method. ;)

I can see how that one would work. Works good for getting rid of a buzz in a hurry too... lol

Yeah I've tried many many methods. The method that this thread is actually about has always worked best for me but the chugging water is a good one too. I'll have to try that far side of the glass thing next time.

ya figured this shit out when i was like 6 years old... not that hard..

i swear by this method.

that's not all its gonna get rid of though. lol