• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Getting rid of dope hiccups (100% EFFECTIVE)

Throwing up always works for my friends, luckily i only threw up once from opiates, the first time i slammed. But thanks for the tip those hiccups can b a bitch, ill try this out next time.

I get rid of hiccups, any kind, by just taking a deep breath and holding it in for as loong as I can..works most of the time

My 100% cure for my dope hiccups that works every single time is:
Step 1: Fill up glass with warm water
Step 2: Tilt head back and gulp down as much water as possible
Step 3: Make sure you really over-swallow(?); if you know what I mean.

Always works, and if someone has already graced the thread with this knowledge, I apologize for nodding through it :)

Lol @ drinking through your ass.

For some reason taking a spoonful of sugar has always worked for me. Someone told me about it awhile ago and its worked ever since. Don't think there's a logical explanation for it but, it works so hey.

Peanut butter works too! My ex-gf taught me that trick.

I think it goes without saying, but the vast majority of these tricks are psychological (except for one where you hold your breath IMO).

As an RN I know a trick that works every time a patient has hiccups. Get two tongue depressers (popsickle sticks basically. ) Place them in the patients mouth and push down on there tongue and up on there diaphragm at the exact same time. It will instantly stop the hiccups as it re-adjusts the diaphragm and stops the spasm.

As an RN I know a trick that works every time a patient has hiccups. Get two tongue depressers (popsickle sticks basically. ) Place them in the patients mouth and push down on there tongue and up on there diaphragm at the exact same time. It will instantly stop the hiccups as it re-adjusts the diaphragm and stops the spasm.

That's excellent, I'll need to try this the next time I am in a hiccup fit.

That's excellent, I'll need to try this the next time I am in a hiccup fit.

I swear it'll work I've done it 1000's of times to patients and people. They are always astonished. Just push down on your tongue and up on the diaphragm (ball) hanging in your mouth at the same time using two popsickle sticks if your at home. It'll instantly stop the hiccups.

Write me a PM one day after you try it saying thank you =D You'll be shocked because nothing sucks worse then the hiccups when they just won't go away

Fill glass with H2O. Bend over while holding glass. Drink from the other side, and be careful because water can come out of nose. Drink as much as possible.
Hiccups should be gone.

That is my go to method. Works every time! :)

Ha! I read this thread a few weeks ago. I haven't had the hiccups in a while, but my friend had them tonight and couldn't shake 'em as hard as he tried. I told him about this method and BAM! no more hiccups!

My girlfriend gets dope hiccups from methadone and she taught me an awesome way to get rid of them. Put of a spoonful of sugar into your mouth and hold the sugar on your tongue until it disolves, without chewing or swallowing it. By the time it dissolves, the hiccups should be gone. It sounds weird, but it really works!

You are actually a life saver I am on suboxone maintenance and when ever i take my suboxone i could not have a smoke for hours after taking my dose without getting the hiccups and just basically ruining the smoke. It was so bad that I actually couldn't even smoke. This is a miracle cure, although its still annoying because I still get the hiccups when I first light up and I have to look like an idiot holding my breath everytime I wanna have a smoke but still at least i can have a smoke and finish it. Thank you sooo much out of everything I've tried this is the only thing that helped.

This isn't some bullshit hiccups cure like standing on your head while drinking water and humming the national anthem, this is the real deal that requires no equipment and can be performed anywhere under the influence of any drug that can give you the hiccups.

Hiccups are caused by a spasm in the diaphragm. A while back I was thinking to myself, what if I made it impossible for the thing to spasm in the first place? Wouldn't that make my hiccups go away?

You just have to over-inflate your lungs by force-gulping more air into them. Do that until it hurts and you're so filled up with air that it's physically impossible to hiccup. Hold it like this until you feel the urge to hiccup die out, and then let the air out of your lungs slowly. They'll be gone instantly, though you need to take it easy for a minute or two so they don't get triggered again.

Been there done that for regular hick-up's and I call this a exhausting and totally unneccesary method.

The spasm that causes the hick up, a leftover from an usefull thiing if you were to be a marine creature. Like a fish. Kid's get it when they are overtired, drunk people or when your breathing under influenced of stress. In other words you breath wrong.

A method that I found very usefull and way more practical is use Haptonomie. Basickly you close your eye's focus on a physical sensation somewhere on your body. Example your finger scrachting over your leg. Focus on that sensation with your whole attention.

Meanwhile while you focussing something wonderfull happens. You know your heart and lungs are also regulated by an autonomic system. During the experience of the scratch you can allready notice your heartrate dropping and your breathing should go from uptight to a relaxed lower abdominal style inhale/ exhale.

And voila, you may need to practice some, gone hick-ups. System back to factory reset.

My girlfriend gets dope hiccups from methadone and she taught me an awesome way to get rid of them. Put of a spoonful of sugar into your mouth and hold the sugar on your tongue until it disolves, without chewing or swallowing it. By the time it dissolves, the hiccups should be gone. It sounds weird, but it really works!
Is this caused by the focussing on the sugar disolving or a pharmacologic action of sugar itself I wonder.

Over here there is a song 'Hick hick sprow .... " but it has failed me since that very first time my granny got rid of my HickUp. But I do remember her touching my shoulder and using other distraction technic's at the same time.

you know whats possibly worse than this?? wd yawning . oh my god help me with the wd yawns.

you know whats possibly worse than this?? wd yawning . oh my god help me with the wd yawns.
To bad, cause a natural yawn is actually pleasant. But not the WD ones. Anyone hate the moaning that comes with drug abstinence, I do.

yo Easyfrantic last night I had hick up. I was allready tired, alcohol in my blood and was ultra hyper. No idea where that speeded feelin came from.

The last 10mg of my daily dex was at 16:00 and I skipped the last onee. Basicly my hyper state overpowered booze, and the liberal benzo dose I took later on. And as I was preparing to just accept how it was .... hick. And immediatly 'k4nk@r t@r1ng t#fus' .

It took me three trial' s of the: closed eye's/ attention to the schratching/ on knee sensation. The final one which was most devoid of any control or desire. Had the best effect and got rid of it. ;)

The scrach on the knee can be replaced by any place on the body. But what was I forgot was is that you should be doing this sitting, uprightt. Your feet on the ground. A comfortable sitting posture ,also to allow a good airflow in and out of the lung's!