• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Generic vs. Name Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
klons vs clons

nuttin like the "K" cut. i've never been happy with any mylan benzo. i hate malinkrap hydrocodone. watson is far superior. mylan diazepam is absolutely atrocious. i'm basing my observations on over 30 years of recreational and prescribed useage. ymmv.

http://www.endo.com/Endocet_labels.aspx

Look at the asterix next to the dosage strength, then find the other asterix down below

different brands of the same drug definitley always feel different to me, i dont know how else to explain it, the methadose brand mallinkrodt methadones would always work so much better than any other, but i only get regular mallkinkrodts now that are pretty good, but not as good as methadose, i also have had roxanne, which isnt bad but i still prefer mallinkrodts for methadone

Generic Gabapentin

Anyone else noticed generic gabapentin doesn't work/is a waste of money?

I mean, when I have the name brand Neurontin I can get high as hell from 6 grams, but with the generic brand it seems like half of the effect, and it seems too much to take more of it. I imagine this would also affect any therapeutic ability it has. So I feel that it's virtually useless and a waste of money, which is a shame as it's at least half cheaper than Neurontin, but maybe there's a reason for this.

Anyone else had the same experience or know why this might be? Could there be something in the formulation that makes it even less bioavailable? I can't imagine there is that much less active gaba in it as generics have to submit to pretty strict standards. Just a small question, but thought I'd warn everyone not to waste their money. Kind of sucks to receive 100 gabapentin that doesn't work.

Gabapentin is pretty notorious for causing different effects on different occasions... It also is notorious for not giving any effects to someone who uses it with any regularity. I would suspect these two causes before the generic brand.

^gabapentin is a strange one. The oral BA goes from 60% at .9g to 27% around 4 grams.

Also, food increases BA substantially (14% ) so you might've eaten more before taking the name brand.

The only difference between generic and name brand are fillers, binders, etc and these won't make something that much less potent. I suspect other factors, psychological or otherwise at play.

This is very true, but last year I used it regularly every 3 days and always got strong effects from 6+ grams. So I find it strange I should have so little effect from the same dose after a six month break. Though I have been using Lyrica regularly for the past couple of months, like every other day, and that might have caused some change to my brain chemistry and response to the drug. I also used it with gababentin before, but more rare. But I find it strange he price of the generics are so much lower and the name brand can be like 2-3 times more.

^Lyrica and gabapentin are *very* similar but lyrica is far more potent. Using lyrica would certainly raise your tolerance to gabapentin and this makes much more sense than strictly regulated generics that are 99.9% the same drug as proprietary being that much weaker.

It's true Lyrica is a much more powerful drug.

I have also thought it might be that these come in thick gelatine caps and the others were in tablet form. I have 400 mgs so that is a lot of caps to swallow and break down. Like with Kratom I find I can't get much effect from caps as I need it all to hit me at once. So I might not break down caps so well. Though gabapentin is supposed to have greater bioavailbility with a more extended release, so I don't know, maybe it's just that my tolerance is now too high for this drug.

Kind of sucks as I enjoyed the Neurontin high. Different than Lyrica, more kind of stoney.

I like my generic .5mg xanax. What I pay for 60 of them at the pharmacy, would net me like 4 or 5 on the street. Gotta love it.

i pay half a pack of cigarettes for 150 1mg kpins a month :)
generics are great, and anyone who says that brand is better, its all placebo effect.
but all the money i save on all my generics gets used to pay for my suboxone script.. i just can't win..

Haha hood. I feel ya on that one.

BTW, on one of my responses in this thread, people misinterpreted my post saying that I smoked mylan patches. I thought it clearly said Janssen. No, I do not smoke Mylan patches. I do like them better since I cheek them and not wear/smoke/inject them.

^Janssen have discontinued the gel patches now and have Duragesics which are the polymer-matrix. any gels you're getting are likely stock the store hasn't sold out of yet.

thought i would add that since people may read that and think they can go smoking the newer Duragesics, not Durogesics - which in any case the gel shouldn't be smoked.

Alprazolam

Recently around my area, the Xanax I have been getting isn't the same as the usual normal stuff. I have been getting the "Mylan" brand, I still get the same effects but I was just wondering if there's any difference between this stuff and the normal Xanax brand, other than the name?

should still be the same stuff as long as its the same mg. Shouldn't matter what brand it is.

They just seem a bit softer than the other generics. The "footballs" seem to have a bit of a shiny coating on them (before bouncing around in my pill bottle), but the mylans never had that.

Still the same, and if anything it made them dissolve faster=faster onset.

So would you say that the Mylan brand is somewhat "preferred" over than the Xanax brand?

In my opinion all xanax(as long as its the same MG's) should feel the same.....no matter what company made it.

Allthough, I have noticed that the "bars"(2mg's), no matter what brand, tend to get me higher(have stronger effects) than an equal dose of the "footballs"(0.5-1mg pills). Like if I took half a bar(1 mg), it would feel better than me taking one of those blue "football"(1mg) pills. I don't know why this happens, and it may even be some sort of placebo effect, but I truly do feel a difference.

But, as for a name brand, I have not noticed any differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.