View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Gassy pain in gut after psychedelics

Transform

Bluelight Crew
This is something I've been getting for some time now, which I get to varying degrees on all psychedelics without any obvious pattern.

Towards the end of the trip I get bad intestinal gas which is uncomfortable sometimes to the point of pain. It usually takes an hour or two until I manage to get some huge odourless farts out and then it's gone.

Obviously this can really ruin a trip so I'm keen to understand why it's happening and what I can do to prevent it.

It's seemingly unrelated to diet, stomach contents, drug, time of day and is clearly a direct effect of psychedelics. I do not understand how psychedelics are even able to cause this but I'm pretty desperate to prevent it.

There are some others who get the same thing but I can't find any answers online.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14611830

i have experienced similar scenarios with like you said, no obvious patterns..

I've never really thought anything of it until just now, I've always just seen it as part of the trip..
but for me its never been severe enough to "ruin a trip" just a bit of an achy stomach at times

Your gut is full of serotonin receptors and psychedelics are serotonin receptor agonists.

I always get this too. Especially on LSD my stomach is pretty tight for the whole trip unless I have some weed too. I have ibs though so I figured it was just part of that.

In theory an anti-emetic that works on serotonin receptors in the gut would be your best option. Something like ondansetron.

have you tried using simethicone gas relief pills?
This, this is a very common complaint amogst many psychedelics. I recommend taking a gas reliver, or getting Ondanestron or one of its relatives. Compley relieves any gastric problems with ease and they are increadinly easy to source!

This. All of this. Horrid digestive discomfort that at least feels exactly as you describe - a nasty gas build up that just isn't ready to come - was the most prominent effect I received from both times I last gave 25i a shot. It fucking SUCKS, until yes - it seemingly escapes.

when the onset transitions are confusing,
sometimes I find that I am swallowing air before calming myself.
it might be a reflex to swallow air
watch for it just to know why later you may have some clean gas.

Ondanestron and its realtives will easily solve these problems and their cheap, and easily sourced. Nearly all online pharms carry them...

personally I can assure you that my situation is nothing to do with swallowing air :( I taught myself how to swallow air intentionally back in highschool as a trick for impulse burping (also helps to relieve gas trapped in the stomach). Given this, I have attempted (continuously, as the urge never fucks off) to burp it out, to no avail.

so you have trained yourself to wallow air specifically in high school?
that's amazing

hahaha "highschool" was just a hostorical timeframe reference; I didn't learn to do it solely for the purpose of doing while at school :p but yes, I can either just swallow mouthfuls of air (really just forcing it past the sphincter muscles in your throat), or actually use my diaphragm to "inhale" the air into my stomach. It's gross, I know, but it is what it is hahaha

Your gut is full of serotonin receptors and psychedelics are serotonin receptor agonists.

It’s clearly not as simple as that though, how is simple receptor agonism causing gas? I rarely if ever get nausea so I think I’ll try simethicone first and then ondansetron if that fails. I’ll keep you updated.

This is something I've been getting for some time now, which I get to varying degrees on all psychedelics without any obvious pattern.

Towards the end of the trip I get bad intestinal gas which is uncomfortable sometimes to the point of pain. It usually takes an hour or two until I manage to get some huge odourless farts out and then it's gone.

Obviously this can really ruin a trip so I'm keen to understand why it's happening and what I can do to prevent it.

It's seemingly unrelated to diet, stomach contents, drug, time of day and is clearly a direct effect of psychedelics. I do not understand how psychedelics are even able to cause this but I'm pretty desperate to prevent it.

There are some others who get the same thing but I can't find any answers online.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14611830

I had lots of stomach gurgling going on when I was vaping 5-MeO-DALT, but without any pain if I remember correctly.

I am wondering if plugging would provide a safer ROA for you in consideration of your digestive system.

absolutely

used to have a running joke on how if we were going to trip acid that we needed an "antacid"

but it was so true...it did ruin several trips till i figured it out

I think I’ll try simethicone first

btw, (and you may have already learned this in your research) simethicone won't eliminate the formation of the gas, but it will make it easier for you to expel it. it reduces the surface tension of the gas bubbles in your digestive tract.

So you'll just be a walking air leak. Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Pfft tiss Uhn tiss.

All drugs have some kind of physical side effects. Just something Ive accepted as a part of the experience. It's never been enough for me to be worried. Except a few hang overs I usually find a way to ease any discomfort. Usually weed, tums or ibuprofen and Gatorade