Votes: 1 6.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Foreigner has the same exact complaints as my friend. If I didn't know any better, I'd think it was him. This thread is like deja vu because I've been arguing the same points back and forth while texting him today. He didn't like this episode at all...or this season in general. I don't get it.

Something seems off about this season, but I'm still with the show.

Loved the battle at King's Landing, even more than the battle against the Night King. I definitely started to hate Dany, though I don't really feel it was out of character for her to snap that way. My biggest problem with that episode is that it didn't really seem like she snapped... she was a bit emotional at times, but massacre seemed cold and calculated-- especially considering her response to Jon Snow rejecting her advances.

I probably would've loved The Long Night if I could've seen even half the shit going on in that episode. I've seen a few scenes that've been touched up and brightened and oooohhhhh my god there was so much happening that I didn't notice when I first watched it. So many details, simply.... darkened and blacked out. Such a shame, because it was a really good episode.

Yeah, there's a trend now where directors want to be "realistic" and keep things dark. I heard some people say "They wanted you to feel as confused as the soldiers were trying to fight the enemy at night."
What? We don't need to feel confused. We actually want to see what's going on! Get with the program! Haha
At least the King's Landing battle was in broad daylight.

I do not sow. Take care.

Had to do it.

Lets not get too concerned with our differing opinions on a TV show.

Can I just say how disgusted I am when people complain that GOT hasn't been PC enough? Sexist? The brother raping the sister on the dead body of their incestuous son- but fuck, let's make sure the masses aren't offended by a 'person of colour' being beheaded. Westeros is hardly equal oppurtunity. A fantasy series set in a fictitious world but conforming to the instagram ideology of modern western society? WTF? The world is fucked, where's a dragon when you need one?

I still love Dany. If you have a dragon, you're going to burn cities. The people of westeros are murderous scum. I'm sure that the firestorm of Dresden or Hiroshima was worse.

I don't tolerate abuse. Take care.

If that's your definition of abuse you must have a very pampered life. You started it, by the way.

I remember a time when people could have a good vigorous conversation on a forum without getting their panties in a bunch. Oh well, I guess if you come up with any good arguments to back up your opinion you can @ me.

Can I just say how disgusted I am when people complain that GOT hasn't been PC enough? Sexist? The brother raping the sister on the dead body of their incestuous son- but fuck, let's make sure the masses aren't offended by a 'person of colour' being beheaded. Westeros is hardly equal oppurtunity. A fantasy series set in a fictitious world but conforming to the instagram ideology of modern western society? WTF? The world is fucked, where's a dragon when you need one?

I agree with you man. Like I said, I don't think what Dany did is necessarily all that bad if you look at the BIG picture. It's the classic ethical question of would you kill 10,000 people to save 10,000,000. I trust the writers but I'm just crossing my fingers that Jon doesn't end up overthrowing Dany because I don't think he's done anything to deserve it. She's done all the dirty work that needed to be done while he sat back and took all the credit. He's just as much to blame for shit going bad as Dany.

This article made some great points, I thought. Cersei was such a great villain and very textured.

(I think Tyrion did deserve his awards, tho. Maybe Varys in an earlier season too.)

Lena Headey Is the Only Star Who Deserves an Emmy for Game of Thrones, and Now She'll Never Get It

As for the latest installment, I was good until the horse rode up to Arya. I'm glad that happened at the end!

Retrospective analysis is fun, but while I was watching for the first time, I enjoyed it. (Except the horse.)

I'm glad Cersei is dead because I was sick of her constipated looking face and her haircut is hideous! She looked like one of The Beatles.

I am further assured in my dogged stance of misanthropy when I read this bullshit.

If you've signed the petition, YOU KNOW NOTHING.

I'm actually watching it from the start again for the 3rd time or so- just got past the Red Wedding last night, fuck that seems tame now. No children were burned during this; Walder Frey is a true humanitarian. But I want to say that Daenaerys has always been fucking terrifying; its PC humanists in the real world imagining that she did indeed suddenly change her entire life's mission to free nameless slaves; truth is, she bellieves she is entitled to her position of power and priviledge (same as all the Masters), or else she wouldn't, you know, want to be in charge of a kingdom that killed her entire family, but she needed to both practise warfare and conquering, and she needed to swell the ranks of her armies. Did no-one notice that basically none of the cities she liberated stayed liberated? She blooded her Unsullied though.

Not saying she is evil or anything, but the motivations of these people is pretty unfathomable to the rest of us- to assume there is some bizarre and misplaced humanism in Daenaerys is just modern politics trying to seep into a fantasy show. Didn't the masters of Yunkai wreak dreadul vengenace as a result of her actions there? You can free slaves and all that- but she had no plan for afterwards; destruction was enough. I can dig that tbh.

My issue with her 'transformation' is how unreasoning she seemed. She seemed insane and unhinged, and her descent from mercilessness (ala Loot train massacre and the Tarly BBQ) into Mad Queen-ness was too rapid and with not quite enough provocation. She's seen close friends die before, lovers even. But a grief spiral is an easy trope to whip out and explain stuff with if you're an under-the-pump TV show writer. Despite the fact I think destroying Kings Landing is probably going to feature in the books, its very hard to explain why she thought this would be effective in doing anything instead of uniting everyone against her.

Point is, she actually had been betrayed by Varys who was most certainly trying poison her, and failed- and by the fact she wasn't eating, she knew this was happening. I guess that also added to her growing madness, but not quite enough.

If you've read the books, you'll know that another true Targaryen besides herself and Jon exist; she has a brother, who (IIRC) just landed on the shores of the 7 kingdoms. I'm thinking she ultimately teams up with him against Jon Snow, maybe even burns the wall down herself to let the dead in...

If you've read the books, you'll know that another true Targaryen besides herself and Jon exist; she has a brother, who (IIRC) just landed on the shores of the 7 kingdoms.
it's still possible that young griff isn't really aegon and is just set up as an impostor, but I'm not sure if that kind of thing fits with lord connington's character. iirc varys is the one that helped aegon escape being murdered by the mountain though, so it's pretty likely to really be aegon

See, that gets confusing when you contrast it with the show.

Young Griff has the Targaryen physical traits. I wonder if he'll wind up with a dragon... anyway, I felt a bit ripped off when GRRM introduced him, it felt sudden and strange. I don't recall many/any allusions to his existence in the books at all prior to his 'reveal'.

the dragon has 3 heads. and there's 3 dragons, for 3 targaryens

who knows how jon being the reincarnation of azor ahai is going to play out. he might have to kill dani to forge/activate the true lightbringer (the first time around it didn't activate magically until it was put through nissa nissa's heart) and jon is definitely going to warg into one or the dragons, so that's something else to look forward to

The petition for the do-over has made it all the way to the morning network shows. I hope everyone's happy when studios stop greenlighting shows like this because they don't want to deal with all the wittle babies crying on social media.

Right. Those people need to get laid or something. Even if I were upset about the way the season is going, I wouldn't be such a loser to create and/or sign a petition for a do-over. It's sickening.

Round up all the douchebags who signed and build a wall around them.