Votes: 1 6.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When Drake won a Billboard Music award last night he said "Shout out to Arya Stark for putting that work in last week!" Haha I loved that.

E3 and E4 of S8 are shit. I am so angry at what the producers did to this show and its characters. I don't even give a fuck who wins the throne now. They took a great show and turned it to shit.

Last edited:
E3 and E4 of S8 are shit. I am so angry at what the producers did to this show and its characters. I don't even give a fuck who wins the throne now. They took a great show and turned it to shit.

Completely disagree.

Episode 3 (halfway through the final season) was the end of the existential threat to humanity. The Night King was defeated because mankind put their differences aside to unite against a common enemy.

They managed to avoid extinction, but can civilization as they know it survive? That is what episode 4 is about.

Daenerys has devoted her life to a noble purpose, and proven herself time and time again. Suffered the loss of her entire family including two children. Now her allies conspire against her as she faces down the wheel she vowed to break.

I personally love the questions the show is forcing us to grapple with. What makes a ruler? What gives them the ability or the right to do so? Personally, I've been going back and forth. I think that's the point.

But I suspect your objections are more character based? Was it the Jaime part? I thought that was a brilliant and daring writing choice. Missandei dying? Again, the easier thing would have been to let Grey Worm die. Seems the show runners are damned if they do, damned if they don't. People bitching last week because not enough people died and that everything came too easy. This week lots of shit happened but not the exact shit they wanted?

Oh well. I'm usually the contrarian but I'm just along for the ride on this one. I think they've done an incredible job and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Night Kings dead. Down to one dragon. Magic is on its way out. Just people now...battle lines are drawn...whose side are you on?

When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.

@mal3volent Nice analysis again!

I suspended some disbelief and then thoroughly 'enjoyed' the third and fourth episodes. For example, I do feel the military strategy was poor in episode three. I'm not an expert but I'm not alone.

Plus, the big thing in S08E03 I wonder is why didn't someone seasoned like Jaime or anyone else say "this is a crappy plan"? Don't get me started!

There was also some quiet greatness. In particular, in S08E04, The Hound had some great scenes with Gendry, Sansa, and Arya. Good for him. Now he has to go kill his brother.

There was also cinematic greatness. The funeral pyres scene was so well done. So tragic.

However, although I was shipping extra hard for the Jaime and Brienne romance, I thought Jaime staying at Winterfell was unrealistic because battle. Then I thought Jaime leaving Brienne like that was just cold and unrealistic, especially for Cersei. Although maybe his hate is for Cersei is driving him. Who knows?

Missandei looked so scared...some great acting in that scene by many. I was dev when she died.

Actually, great acting all around.

The showrunners are clearly Hollywood, yet they are making some uncharacteristic choices that make the show fun to watch.

I'm just going to focus on the good while conceding some bad.

Except Brienne. That was heartbreaking.

Edit: Behind the Scenes (BTS) is worth watching imo, particularly about the pyres.

Can't believe that Starbucks cup!

i thought s04 was muddled and the writing was poorer than previous episodes.

i don't need to be spoon-fed a happy ending but i feel like they have an awful lot to resolve with just 2 episodes left, in particular the jon/daenerys tension - she's obviously not taking the news well. it's hard to see a resolution which reconciles the truth of who jon is with her desire to sit the throne...

the missandei scene was tough but i loved her last word...

alasdair

How did Cersei's jailers know to bring Missandei to her? In other words,why was Missandei given such prominence from the POW pool to bring her to Cersei?

Just watched it. I am so pissed how that ended. Tyrion was wrong about Cersei, she is nothing but a monster. Now there's only 1 fucking dragon and it better destroy that constipated looking cunt.

@mal3volent Nice analysis again!

I suspended some disbelief and then thoroughly 'enjoyed' the third and fourth episodes. For example, I do feel the military strategy was poor in episode three. I'm not an expert but I'm not alone.

Plus, the big thing in S08E03 I wonder is why didn't someone seasoned like Jaime or anyone else say "this is a crappy plan"? Don't get me started!

There was also some quiet greatness. In particular, in S08E04, The Hound had some great scenes with Gendry, Sansa, and Arya. Good for him. Now he has to go kill his brother.

There was also cinematic greatness. The funeral pyres scene was so well done. So tragic.

However, although I was shipping extra hard for the Jaime and Brienne romance, I thought Jaime staying at Winterfell was unrealistic because battle. Then I thought Jaime leaving Brienne like that was just cold and unrealistic, especially for Cersei. Although maybe his hate is for Cersei is driving him. Who knows?

Missandei looked so scared...some great acting in that scene by many. I was dev when she died.

Actually, great acting all around.

The showrunners are clearly Hollywood, yet they are making some uncharacteristic choices that make the show fun to watch.

I'm just going to focus on the good while conceding some bad.

Except Brienne. That was heartbreaking.

Edit: Behind the Scenes (BTS) is worth watching imo, particularly about the pyres.

Can't believe that Starbucks cup!

I started thinking maybe Sir Brienne would've been better off with Tormand, but he wants to head further north and she has to stay with Sansa.

Jaime: "She's hateful and so I am"
*gallops away*
Twat. He can die right alongside Cersei for all I care.

I think some are overreacting to the Jaime thing.

On the surface, the show wants us to believe that he decided to ride to Kings Landing to fight for/be with Cersei.

If that's true, his explanation makes sense. He really is a bad person. Perhaps he truly loves Brienne but knows it would be much more heartbreaking for her if he continued to lead her on. When he knows deep down that he will someway somehow end up with Cersei.

But what I think is..."she is a hateful person...and so am I" probably means he's fucking pissed Cersei has taken in Euron Greyjoy. Maybe he wants to be there to save the child (if there is one). Maybe he will die killing Euron. I would have said Cersei, but I think Dany might get her now. At least I hope so.

Anyways, in this scenario, Jaime really does love Brienne. He tried leaving in the night but when she came out, he said what he needed to say so that she wouldn't try to go with him.

*also Jon and Ghost have a minor psychic connection...him giving him to Tormund was compassionate seeing as how he knows he might not ever be coming back. He walked away without letting him etc because they looked at each other and Ghost knew the deal. Know use getting all sappy and crying when you are about to ride to war*

^ I see what you're getting at, but he still didn't have to be such a dick about it. He could've parted on better terms than that. The way he treated her is like someone he had no feelings for at all. I understand you gotta be cruel to be kind sometimes. It was even more harsh since he took her virginity and ran away.

Awwww I love Ghost! He looked sad.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

It's not like Jaime told Brienne he didn't love her or that the experience they had wasn't genuine. That would have been cruel. Leaving in the middle of the night when there's a war starting because you have some kind of unfinished business...that sucks but Brienne will get over it.

Considering his popularity among the Northerners it made sense that he gravitated towards Brienne, but it also felt like their history going back to S3E7 "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" and Jaime's gift of armor/ Oathkeeper shows he has the capacity to break from his hateful nature, even if it's only transient. I also thought it was a humorous touch that Tyrion got in a tall person joke and their relationship seems more solidified.

It was a sad reminder how close the show's end is with the farewell to Tormund/ Ghost and Samwell & Gilly while his 'Arrival at the Citadel' music played in the background. Ramin Djawadi outdid himself with this series musically.

Euron's fleet and King's Landing all sporting new mega crossbows was something I didn't see coming even with it's clear foreshadowing earlier, Qyburn is earning his keep with more than just Sir Gregor Clegane's resurrection. :-/

btw Mal, this was hilarious and captured my sentiments perfectly immediately after I saw Ep3 the first time. ? After watching the episode a couple more times I came to appreciate it better.

@Jekyl Anhydride I think Qyburn is definitely the MVP on Cersei's team. I love that guy as an actor too. He's so menacing and scary in a subtle way.

We got another 4.5 days to go. I don't want it to be over but at the same time I just wanna know what happens and who dies already.

Yeah, I wanna know who gets the Iron Throne already. When Varys was speaking to Tyrion, he made a good point that every one will know that Jon is the rightful heir soon. Jon was so stupid to tell Sansa and Arya the secret, he should've listened to Dany and kept it quiet.

Varys made it clear he doesn't trust Dany. He wants Jon to have the Iron Throne so once the secret gets out to every one, people could start conspiring to make sure Jon gets the Throne, even if that means killing Dany.

I felt for Jon, Sansa is in one ear upset and giving him attitude and Dany is in the other ear being a pain in the ass. He should have a headache.

I think Qyburn is definitely the MVP on Cersei's team. I love that guy as an actor too. He's so menacing and scary in a subtle way.
Mos Def! While Varys had a somewhat humble way about him, you could see past it often, like when he'd scheme with his "Little Bird's Whispers". Though I still think he's sincere about serving the realm having backed Dany...up until now.

Qyburn on the other hand has this nefarious Dr Josef Mengele past, but covers it well with that creepy air of almost charm when he's conversing with Cersi. Not a whole lot of contrast between them and their humanitarian ways.

How did Cersei's jailers know to bring Missandei to her? In other words,why was Missandei given such prominence from the POW pool to bring her to Cersei?
This along with some of the issues from the Winterfell battle, how an airborne Dany didn't spot a whole fleet of Euron's ships with massive Kraken sails lurking around the bend, the accuracy of the first bolts getting a center mass and neck shot on Rhaegal..

I think Dave & Dan have to wrap everything up at an accelerated pace vs when they had G.R.R.M spending more time on the show. He didn't even read the scripts for the final 6 episodes or make a cameo apperance.

As you said, conceding with some bad seems like our best option after such a high percentage of good. It can be a difficult balance after nearly a decade of investment into this series.

SPOILER ALERT

Completely disagree.

Episode 3 (halfway through the final season) was the end of the existential threat to humanity. The Night King was defeated because mankind put their differences aside to unite against a common enemy.

They managed to avoid extinction, but can civilization as they know it survive? That is what episode 4 is about.

Daenerys has devoted her life to a noble purpose, and proven herself time and time again. Suffered the loss of her entire family including two children. Now her allies conspire against her as she faces down the wheel she vowed to break.

I personally love the questions the show is forcing us to grapple with. What makes a ruler? What gives them the ability or the right to do so? Personally, I've been going back and forth. I think that's the point.

But I suspect your objections are more character based? Was it the Jaime part? I thought that was a brilliant and daring writing choice. Missandei dying? Again, the easier thing would have been to let Grey Worm die. Seems the show runners are damned if they do, damned if they don't. People bitching last week because not enough people died and that everything came too easy. This week lots of shit happened but not the exact shit they wanted?

Oh well. I'm usually the contrarian but I'm just along for the ride on this one. I think they've done an incredible job and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Night Kings dead. Down to one dragon. Magic is on its way out. Just people now...battle lines are drawn...whose side are you on?

When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.

Yes, my objections are mostly character based. To me, these shows are only worth watching for the characters. Seeing them evolve, interact with each other, and how they handle adversity. A lot is being glossed over right now, while a lot of very typical TV tropes are being inserted that make the show rather mundane.

I respect that you disagree, and I understand the importance of the over all plot, but the way they're choosing to tell the story is just not believable. It's fine if characters change and evolve, but it has to be believable. I am seeing a lot of missed opportunities combined with a lot of lazy writing and shortcuts. For example, Rhaegar being taken out by Euron's ships... it made no sense. You're telling me that Danaerys couldn't see him? And when did those giant cross bows suddenly have such a huge range and precision?

I can think of dozens of other examples. Like Arya taking out the Night King. In one scene she is being totally pummeled by zombies and barely able to make it from one room to the next... yet we're supposed to be believe she made it to the God's Wood and avoided the Night King's generals so she could take him out? Or the rest of the characters for that matter? How were they able to withstand over 100,000 zombies? Why did none of the main characters die? Why were the two dragons so ineffectual at stopping the army? Why did they not use fire on the walls of Winterfell, since the dead crumble from fire? A ground melee attack with no cavalry or any other fortified assets is a dream come true to a defending castle. Their only air support was one dragon vs. two dragons. There is absolutely no reason why Winterfell should've been breached and so many people died. Yet half the Unsullied army remains?

The plot armor is intense. The writers got lazy. Even the actors of the show are disappointed, you can see it in their interviews. I'm not expecting perfect writing, just reasonable writing. It's so glaringly bad.

Oh well, another decent show down the drain. I'm glad it's over in 2 episodes.