• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Full functioning daily Meth users

I've been off work for the past 5 months and have been living off my savings. I was living overseas and then decided to comeback to my home country. Since I have alot of free time, I've also been using it heavily for the past 4 months on a daily. This is also the longest time I've used consecutively also. Usually it's an on and off thing on special occassions. Why do I do it? Because I'm fkn bored out of my mind and got nothing going on for me atm until uni starts. I also don't want to go back to work (due to hating the industry I was in).

I'm in stable and good condition with my mental and physical well-being, although I was alot healthier and fitter when I was living abroad. I'm still bright and aware of myself and everything.

I hear you about living overseas v small home shitty boring towns.

Fist time I came home from overseas I also developed some bad habits out of boredom.

I hear you about living overseas v small home shitty boring towns.

Fist time I came home from overseas I also developed some bad habits out of boredom.

I agree with you. Seems like the same old shit that never changes, was good to catch up with some old friends though. I did miss the slow pace lifestyle being back at home compared to the rush and fast paced lifestyle I was living at the time.

Yeah well, it's a temporary thing. I actually came back to study - looking towards a career change and I need to pursue an education to start somewhere. Otherwise, I would've paid triple in student loans and received no support from the government if I were to study abroad. I couldn't work and study full time, would've been hard and I don't think I would've been able to survive if I was still abroad.

I could go back to work if I really wanted to do, but fuck no, I'm not going back into my old job and the industry. I'm literally sick of it. Uni starts in a few weeks, so I'm looking forward to it.

Anyone use meth daily for years and hold down job and normal life and keep it secret from everyone?

Interested in your stories.
The only ones I've heard of are RX Desoxyn.

The only 'regular' users that I've heard function are every-2 or 3 days at the most.

This was really potent meth. If I consumed any at all past 8AM, I wouldn't sleep at all that night. A gram would last about a week to 10 days. My ROA was mostly rectal, although I'd always smoke a tiny bit and sometimes I did it sublingually.
That's a point to a point and a half a day.

Definitely dancing with psychosis in the pale moonlight.

The thing is, you think that you got it under control, but you actually don't. It sneaks its way into your lifestyle and becomes a necessity. I lost a very good job because of meth. Was an everyday user for about 6 months, and then all of a sudden, the magic disappeared. I was no longer the top performer that I had been when I was first introduced to meth. Started acting hostile, walking out on meetings, yelling at my coworkers, and disrespecting my boss. The thing is that it didn't feel wrong while I was doing it and acting that way, I thought I was too awesome to hate.

I personally haven’t. But I’ve worked with people who were meth addicts.
They always thought they were getting a ton of work done, but in alll reality they started 38 different projects and never finished one.
So yeah, they might feel like they’re a high functioning stim head, but they typically fall short of what I would call a good worker 9 times out of 10.

Always, fair winds and following seas
Your comment made me laugh so fucking hard because I work with a woman like that and she legitimately thinks she’s doing productive shit when she either stops in the middle of something that’s actually important or she’ll spend 45 minutes cleaning something that doesn’t need to be cleaned. The other day we were so far behind for closing because it was super busy for the last 3 hours and she spent nearly an hour cleaning the inside of the cash register while me and the other girl did everything that needed to be done.

I think you can have an active, productive addiction if you manage to keep your dose low, I find it like taking adderall. I personally hate meth, but I do it sometimes(mostly cause my girlfriend likes to do it sometimes) but if I’m working I’ll sniff or swallow a little bit just so I have that motivation and actually crush shit at work. The problem with meth is it has a super problematic re dose “need” that most users don’t fight off. When I’m with my girl I’ll smoke the shit with her all night and we keep saying we’re going to do stuff like clean the room or dig through the closet for something she’s been meaning to work for and we never end up doing any of it. We just smoke more and fuck all night. But when I do it alone I’ll eat/sniff a small amount and not re dose for 5+ hours and actually just work. Or if I’m home alone I’ll whoop ass on some COD. But the more meth do, the less stuff I actually do 😂

I've used since I was 19 and I'm 38 now. The last 10 years of that has been daily IV use. People I haven't told have no idea I use. I function normally. I rent a house, have a car, work 2 jobs, and all by bills get paid.

Every time I have heard someone say that they were a full functioning addict, later when sober they also say that they weren’t functional at all looking back. The fully functional addict is almost like a myth, and addicts are experts at lying to themselves and others.

Every time I have heard someone say that they were a full functioning addict, later when sober they also say that they weren’t functional at all looking back. The fully functional addict is almost like a myth, and addicts are experts at lying to themselves and others.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I really do live a normal life though except for the drug use.

I've used since I was 19 and I'm 38 now. The last 10 years of that has been daily IV use. People I haven't told have no idea I use. I function normally. I rent a house, have a car, work 2 jobs, and all by bills get paid.

Im impressed.

IV every day and work every day. 10 years.

Well done.

I use quite a bit and have for over 8 years now. No one knows. I have a steady job, my own place, a car, all the things… It can happen. I will say I’m adamant about not smoking it. I’ll only snort it. I kinda feel like that makes a difference.

How do people use meth daily without ruining their veins, nose, teeth, and butt