View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Friend of mine is having a bad trip and hasnt come down

CantseemtofindMary

Bluelighter
He took 4 tabs of LSD at around 9 last night. It's been over 15 hours and he hasnt come down. It is in fact lsd, and not NBOMe

Last edited:
Comfort him, remind him that the drug will take its course in his body and eventually the effects will subside. Play some calming music, find a calming activity and try your best to help him relax.
Is he saying that the effects are continuing to become more intense?

staying awake and on lsd can make things get progressively more and more scary, keeping him occupied with stuff like music and drinking herbal tea until he gets tired enough to rest

you have to elaborate a bit what "bad trip" means, it can be anything from anxiety to running around trashing the place in a delerium and obviously the two treatments are different..

Get him to calm down, talk to him, give him benzos if you have them, and make sure he's comfortable.

15 hours? That does not sound like acid at all.

Massage him, if you're okay with that lol. It's what I did for one of my friends that was starting a bad trip and it ended it (but he was having massive tension in the upper back).

Other solutions: benzos (that would be the most efficient). Relaxing herbal teas. Play a video game with him. Reassure him, tell him it's gonna end soon. Watch a light movie together. Stuff like Harold and Kumar maybe.

It could be a DOX or something... but LSD can last a long time if the dose is quite high (maybe the blotters are very strong). Either way it's kind of irrelevant, the DOX drugs last a lot longer than LSD but your friend isn't going to die or anything. How is he doing? The best you can do is calm him down, talk to him, be there for him. Benzos, as mentioned, would be great at this point, or an antipsychotic. If he starts to become a danger to himself or if he appears to be in real physical danger, then take him to the hospital.

In an uncontrolled market, variable blotter strength makes it too early to suspect DOxx/NBOMe at only 15 hours. LSD is capable of trips that length at the right dose.

Sounds as if the tripper was fairly confident, hammering 4 of them, I wonder what screwed things up...

Hope ting is okay!

Can you elaborate? Usually LSD trips don't end with people being put into comas. What was the time course of events? Was he only on LSD? Did the trip build in intensity constantly or was it all good and then suddenly went south?

So, tell us a story. Paint us a picture with words, if you will. Tell us, what happened? Can you get any more specific?

I'm interested to find out how this all went down.. Hopefully OP will come back and update us.

So you were taking a different batch to your friend?

If they were NBOMe or DOxx then 4 blotts could turn into a pretty serious health crisis, which might explain the coma.

Curious how the coma has come after some sort of bad-trip, freak-out. I have often wondered what percentage of psychedelic health problems start with a mere freak-out...

Keep us informed, & as above, we'd all like a little more detail & some sort of time-line of events. If you can find out what the medical services are saying about your friend, it might be pertinent to post that too!

Best wishes to you & your buddy!

Last edited:
A coma....wow...sending my wishes..think we all would appreciate some sort of description leading up to the moment he went in to a coma? sounds scary.

That doesn't sound like LSD at all. A lot of research chemicals are going around that people are selling as acid. Real acid has no smell, no color, no taste. Most research chemicals do have those things. And it's a way different trip than acid and can be dangerous.
I heard a story about a guy who got permafried off "acid" and forever thinks he's a glass of orange juice, in a mental hospital forever, thinking the nurses are trying to spill him or what not. In no way way am I saying that's what's going to happe and I send my condolonces, absolutely. It may be an urban legend, anyhow.
But yes, if possible, I would definately check to see if the "LSD" had color or taste or smell.