First Non-Oral Only Cycle

I've just now begun to feel the tinest amount of DOMS from my killer Saturday workout. NOTHING like it ought to be..............or maybe more correctly, like it usually is.

Today I did Back and Biceps. The back portion of my workout, (Pull-Up's, Seated Cable Rows, Bent Over Rows, Close Grip AND Wide grip Cable Pull Downs) were all relatively easy. When I finished with the Biceps phase however, I couldn't equal my personal best. Not exactly sure why but I'm guessing it's due to the shitty sleep patterns I've developed. Which leads me to a Board Question:

yone experienced night sweats before? Last night I was absolutely DRENCHED. So much so that I had to get up and not only change clothes but change the bedding as well. I don't think it's from the Test as I've had it, off and on, for many months now. It really sucks though cause it really screws-up my sleep and hence, my ability to recover.

I usually only get em if Im starting to come down with a fever. And yeah its like the bed is soaked through- which is quite impressive considering I'm a smaller guy!

**** UPDATE ****

Two and a half weeks into the cycle. I'm pissed I didn't take accurate before measurements although I will correct that this weekend. I do know that my biceps have grown from 15-1/4" to 16" and the weight has increased from right around 200 lbs to 208. But I know I'm not eating enough. Good news is that what I am eating is quality food. Ckicken breasts, salmon, tuna, some lean beef. Love my veggies, long grain brown rice, lots of oranges and banannas. No crap food at all. The problem is that I'm just not eating often enough.

Tomorrow is an off day in the gym and I can really use it. I'm feeling a bit overtrained and feel as though I haven't quite recovered fully before the next session starts. If I feel up to it though I may do cardio tomorrow and try and blast away some bf.

**** UPDATE ****

Two and a half weeks into the cycle. I'm pissed I didn't take accurate before measurements although I will correct that this weekend. I do know that my biceps have grown from 15-1/4" to 16" and the weight has increased from right around 200 lbs to 208. But I know I'm not eating enough. Good news is that what I am eating is quality food. Ckicken breasts, salmon, tuna, some lean beef. Love my veggies, long grain brown rice, lots of oranges and banannas. No crap food at all. The problem is that I'm just not eating often enough.

Tomorrow is an off day in the gym and I can really use it. I'm feeling a bit overtrained and feel as though I haven't quite recovered fully before the next session starts. If I feel up to it though I may do cardio tomorrow and try and blast away some bf.

maybe throw in a high calorie "not so healthy" meal or 2 in a few times a week....seriously...throw in some mcdonalds of kfc to get those extra cals...your recovery should be awesome right now!!!

keep us posted brother!

***** UPDATE *****

Three weeks into the cycle (tomorrow) and I've only now had the hind sight to post more accurate measurements.

210.4 lbs (Up from 200 at the start of the cycle)
Chest: 46 1/2"
Waist: 38"
Thighs: 22"
Calf: 15" (Ughh. God never gave me calves.)
Biceps: 16" (Up from 15 1/4" at start of cycle)

Did legs today and set new personal bests on every exercise.

Leg Press (Incline sled) 4 sets 12 X 270 lbs. Remember, I am fanatical about FULL RANGE OF MOTION on every exercise. Hence, the weights may be lower than others put up but I am really strict about full range of motion.

Standing Calf Raise: (Smith Machine. Toes on platform)

15 X 90 lbs
10 X 180 lbs
10 X 200 lbs
10 X 180 lbs

Seated Calf Raise:

15 X 55 lbs
10 X 100 lbs
10 X 100 lbs
15 X 55 lbs

Leg Extensions:

12 X 110 lbs
10 X 125 lbs
10 X 140 lbs
10 X 140 lbs

Leg Curls:

10 X 105 lbs
10 X 120 lbs
10 X 120 lbs
9 X 120 lbs

BTW, sleep and hence recovery are MUCH better now that I'm doing a bit of Melatonin at bed time. I really think that poor sleep is a MAJOR issue for us older bodybuilders. Without adequate amounts of the RIGHT KIND of sleep, full recovery just is not possible.

Hey, congratulations on your gains.

Any reason why you don't do any form of squats or deadlifts?

BTW, sleep and hence recovery are MUCH better now that I'm doing a bit of Melatonin at bed time.

Toss some zinc and magnesium in there, not only will it help with sleep, but it will (should) help raise IGF-1 levels. Keep up the fantastic work.

/V

Hey, congratulations on your gains.

Any reason why you don't do any form of squats or deadlifts?

I do deadlifts on my ab / core / oblique / low back days.

I do squats every other leg day, alternating between squats one week and the leg press the next. Mostly I have found that the leg press is much kinder to my knees than are the squats, hence only every other week. It is cruel indeed that we can keep the muscles strong and even growing for our entire lives but skeletally, the joints, connective tissue and even to some extent, the bones themselves, aren't as cooperative. At almost 60 I have learned to listen to them when they complain.

Last edited:
***** UPDATE *****

Day 28 of 84 day cycle.
Cyp at 500 mg/week
Deca at 400 mg/week
Proviron at 75 mg/day
hCG at 250 iu/every 4 days

Leg day today in the gym. Strength gains continue. Set new personal bests by 7.5% in every exercise. This after last week setting personal bests by 17%. This is crazy! Although today's session was difficult, I really think I might have managed more. Oh well, next week.

SIDES:
Still a bit of oily skin but not as much as last week.
Increased perspiration.
No acne....................just an occassional zit..................like one a week. Really strange.
Libido seems fine. No............that's not true. Libido is through the roof! Not to be crass here but 58 year old guys just don't have romps like this. Wow! WOW!!!
Confidence in the gym is amazing. It's just like as I approach the weight.............I just KNOW that I'll be able to push it. I look forward to every new day in the gym............planning every work out in minute detail. Then too I look forward to every set, ALWAYS pushing myself, NEVER accepting the "status quo".

My only disappointment is that I don't feel like I've shed any body fat. I am torn. I know I need to eat and eat and eat..................which I am doing. But I hate losing the definition that I worked so hard to acheive. Two years of hard, HARD work took me from 248 to 194. When I started the cycle I was at 200 lbs. I am now at 207 - 208 lbs.

NOW...................having said that, I DO see changes in the mirror and with the tape measure. REALLY astonished at how quickly my legs are responding. I was always a distance runner and had the legs one would expect on a runner. Long and lean..............even when I was carrying all that weight. So it's a real treat to soo calves and thighs which are muscular and ripped. Prior to this cycle, they just would NOT respond to anything I threw at them. REALLY happy!

Looking forward to tomorrow's session. Chest and Triceps. I have NEVER been this stoked about my training before. I know a large part of that is due to the Test and it's effects on my sense of well being and confidence. God.....................what a rush.

Fifty-Eight years old and in the best shape of my life................training harder than I've EVER trained before.

More to come.

Last edited:
***** UPDATE *****

Day 28 of 84 day cycle.
Cyp at 500 mg/week
Deca at 400 mg/week
Proviron at 75 mg/day

Leg day today in the gym. Strength gains continue. Set new personal bests by 7.5% in every exercise. This after last week setting personal bests by 17%. This is crazy! Although today's session was difficult, I really think I might have managed more. Oh well, next week.

SIDES:
Still a bit of oily skin but not as much as last week.
Increased perspiration.
No acne....................just an occassional zit..................like one a week. Really strange.
Libido seems fine. No............that's not true. Libido is through the roof! Not to be crass here but 58 year old guys just don't have romps like this. Wow! WOW!!!
Confidence in the gym is amazing. It's just like as I approach the weight.............I just KNOW that I'll be able to push it. I look forward to every new day in the gym............planning every work out in minute detail. Then too I look forward to every set, ALWAYS pushing myself, NEVER accepting the "status quo".

My only disappointment is that I don't feel like I've shed any body fat. I am torn. I know I need to eat and eat and eat..................which I am doing. But I hate losing the definition that I worked so hard to acheive. Two years of hard, HARD work took me from 248 to 194. When I started the cycle I was at 200 lbs. I am now at 207 - 208 lbs.

NOW...................having said that, I DO see changes in the mirror and with the tape measure. REALLY astonished at how quickly my legs are responding. I was always a distance runner and had the legs one would expect on a runner. Long and lean..............even when I was carrying all that weight. So it's a real treat to soo calves and thighs which are muscular and ripped. Prior to this cycle, they just would NOT respond to anything I threw at them. REALLY happy!

Looking forward to tomorrow's session. Chest and Triceps. I have NEVER been this stoked about my training before. I know a large part of that is due to the Test and it's effects on my sense of well being and confidence. God.....................what a rush.

Fifty-Eight years old and in the best shape of my life................training harder than I've EVER trained before.

More to come.

congrats hunter...All of us youngins on the board look up to you and hope we can achieve what you have at your age let alone be able-bodied enough to push ourselves =D

keep us posted and post some fucking pics in our picture thread bro!!

Toss some zinc and magnesium in there, not only will it help with sleep, but it will (should) help raise IGF-1 levels. Keep up the fantastic work.

/V

Victor:

Just wondering about the dose of Zinc you are suggesting. The "Super Beta Prostate" I take has 15 mg and I am dosing that 3 X / day. Being the math whiz that I am, that brings me to 45 mg/day.

BTW, today is 4 weeks into the cycle and all I can say is WOW!

Strength increases are beyond what I had hoped for. Every training day sets new personal bests for me. Pushing heavier and heavier all the time. What I had not expected but am really enjoying is the confidence. As I approach the weight, I can just visualize lifting it. No thoughts of "Gee, I wonder if I can get that up?" I just "see" myself lifting it and BAM! It's done. While I had expected strength gains and had hoped for weight gains and hoped for a drop in bf %, what I did not expect was the increase in mental confidence and the improvement of an overall sense of well being. Really hard to describe but I'm sure everyone that's run a cycle before can relate to what I'm saying. Not jacked up at all, not stoned. Just a feeling of confidence, not arrogance.................just a peace, an inner peace that things are well.:D

Also too, I had commented earlier about being disappointed that the bf had not dropped off. WRONG! I measured myself this morning after the gym using calipers, and remeasuring myself three times, I came up with the same calculation every time. Body fat is at 14%. I hadn't thought it was dropping because I've lost definition. No longer do I see an 8-pack..............well actually, it's only BARELY visible but not cut-up like I had been. So....................a drop of 4% bf in 4 weeks really excites me!

As I said before, I can really see why guys get stupid and run rediculously long cycles...............not wanting to walk away from all the great results being seen in the mirror, being experienced in the gym and being felt internally. Do not fear however, I will stop the Deca at 10 weeks and the Cyp at 12 weeks and run a meticulous PCT protocol.

God I wish I had known about the hCG during my previous oral cycles. That stuff is magic. Really, really easy to use too.

Off day tomorrow but I gotta tell you, I REALLY want to get into the gym for a full throttle aerobics day. Maybe after church I'll do just that.

Victor:

Just wondering about the dose of Zinc you are suggesting. The "Super Beta Prostate" I take has 15 mg and I am dosing that 3 X / day. Being the math whiz that I am, that brings me to 45 mg/day.

Good to hear things are going well for you brotha! As far as the zinc is concerned, I usually dose about 30mg. Never found the need for more.

/V

UGHHHH !!!!!

I roll up to my gym yesterday morning at my usual time ....... 3:45 am. The gym is dark. No cleaning crew, no staff. Right at 4:00 am, the time they are supposed to open, Jeff pulls up and informs me that the gym is closed......................FOREVER! I knew it had been sold recently and had noticed that the conversion to the new name was taking a long, LONG time. It had been a very large, very successful Gold's Gym and was purchased by a local company but I guess the deal fell through and the previous owner is just too old and wants out. God I'd love to buy it but my other business has been a real handful this past year.

Anyway, I lost a workout day and bought a membership at another gym.................and worked out there this morning. It's strange how every gym has a different personality about it.

Yeah it can be a little stressful getting used to a new gym, especially if it doesn't measure up to the one you were at previously. Ever consider training at home?

Yeah it can be a little stressful getting used to a new gym, especially if it doesn't measure up to the one you were at previously. Ever consider training at home?

Like most guys I've considered it but what I like about a well stocked gym is that they will have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment, locker rooms, showers, pool, pay all the utilities, maintain and clean the place, juice bar / snack bar on and on and on........................and for $30.00 a month all that's mine. Not a bad deal at all.

However, when I retire, I am going to build a house and it will definitely have a home gym as a part of it's design.

I just find it hard to have enough motivation to work out at home. I'd be cutting my workout short just to play some computer games or watch TV or something. Once you've got your ass out the door then your commited to a decent workout....

Need Advice!

I'm on day 40 of my 84 day cycle.
Cyp at 500 mg/week
Deca at 400 mg/week
Proviron at 75 mg/day

During the first three weeks of the cycle I gained weight just as I had suspected I would and the strength gains were amazing. Now I find that I've lost all the weight I gained and now I'm back at 200 lbs, plush the workouts seem really difficult. I'm not sure what the cause is. I FEEL like I'm eating enough but maybe not. The good news is that I've lost about 4% to 5% body fat so far. I've begun to wonder if I'm not overtraining as I've been hitting it as hard as I have ever hit it. This is not at all what I had hoped for or expected.

Libido is through the roof however so I'm not at all concerned that I've got fake gear.

Any suggestions?