• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Finally quitting kratom

kicking ass buddy! you got this now and count me in on the weed everynite i got some called cheeze bad ass bud!

Sim: thank you :)
I've always smoked weed on and off, it's a strange substance for me. Sometimes it provides clarity towards the situation (i.e I have a lot of self realizations and motivation to do better when I'm not high) and sometimes it just provides general relaxation. Then other times it straight up gives me anxiety.
Throughout this process it provided a distraction to the cumbersome physical symptoms, and now that those have faded I find it gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day. I suppose "rewarding myself" with a drug is counterproductive in a way. But as you mentioned, it's a tool I'm using to keep away from kratom. I've also always viewed weed as very benign in nature, and sometimes beneficial (when consumed as cannabutter or eaten as oil) - but alas, I just smoke it. I will most likely quit cigarettes before weed. But I do take breaks from it for long stretches of time.
I am glad to hear you're away from the heroin :) that's amazing! How are you doing overall?

The last dose: thank you! :)

Quick update for everyone - today is 26 days clean, almost at a month! I think I'm out of the woods. Still struggling with some mental things, and I seem to cry really easily this past week. But it almost feels good to cry, I haven't done it in awhile lol.
Overall physically I'm still very tired and sore, but I'm trying to take better care physically. The last week and a half my bowl movements have not been solid, - it's becoming very annoying as I'm at a loss for what to do in that regard...
overall, the overall process was pretty exhausting, but I feel good about being done with it. I don't know what to do with the freedom of not relying on a substance, but it does feel pretty damn good. Once again I wanted to say thank you to everyone who was so supportive, you all are truly phenomenal, strong, amazing people <3

Sim: thank you :)
I've always smoked weed on and off, it's a strange substance for me. Sometimes it provides clarity towards the situation (i.e I have a lot of self realizations and motivation to do better when I'm not high) and sometimes it just provides general relaxation. Then other times it straight up gives me anxiety.
Throughout this process it provided a distraction to the cumbersome physical symptoms, and now that those have faded I find it gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day. I suppose "rewarding myself" with a drug is counterproductive in a way. But as you mentioned, it's a tool I'm using to keep away from kratom. I've also always viewed weed as very benign in nature, and sometimes beneficial (when consumed as cannabutter or eaten as oil) - but alas, I just smoke it. I will most likely quit cigarettes before weed. But I do take breaks from it for long stretches of time.
I am glad to hear you're away from the heroin :) that's amazing! How are you doing overall?

The last dose: thank you! :)

Hey, TWP, sorry for the delay in checking your status. That's freaking great that you're off the drugs *and* feeling good. That's a really big accomplishment; I hope you're feeling good and proud!

As for me, I'm feeling a little beat up, but basically good. Last week was ROUGH for me. Just really intense cravings and overall feeling like I wanted to run away from everything. But I kind of re-squared myself over the weekend and feel better now.

Last edited:
Hey sim! Sorry to hear about the rough week, I am thrilled you came out of it and feel better :) your progress is amazing!

I myself have been feeling old cravings come around. I used to be heavy into mdma, coke, heroin... I eventually ended up IV'ing everything. At one point I believe I was using ambien that way too. So I was pretty out of control in my use. Then eventually I stopped iv'ing, and everything else with it. Up until recently with quitting kratom I was also still taking lsd a good bit.

More so this week I feel the need to take something to dull my emotions because I can feel them gradually building. Can't say I've found anything that really takes the cravings away, but I'm working on it.

Stay strong, you're an awesome person and I look up to you :)