⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Star Wars

star wars

So.... your a major fan of the star wars trilogy and you have been waiting your entire life for the lastest 3 episodes and now they have been and gone with a few plus years can u say they "new" movies have held the same attraction the same as the previous 3 or have they been "|just another movie"

i will say one thing about the 3 prequels, the lightsaber battles are WAY cooler than in the 3 original movies.
seriously, i watched the vader vs obi wan fight the other day, and it was kinda unimpressive in comparison.
still cool though.

I kind of agree with this yeah the prequels had better fight scenes. But like L2R says they lost that sense of calm but deadly Samurai feel to it. Also that fight between Yoda and Dooku? WTF?!?!?! So cheesy.

but then the jedi were far too prone to violence in the prequels. seems they pulled those things out all the time. by the end of the third, i was well and truly sick of those light sticks.

Yeah for being peaceful warrior monks they weren't that peaceful.

The extended universe has some cool shit though. I liked the Thrawn trilogy myself.

i vaguely remember grand admiral thrawn. yeah, the extended universe has some real badass concepts.

you know what i would absolutely love to make one day.... or even see a solid attempt at?... the saga redone completely

hold on.... hear me out. ....

imagine a complete reboot, same story in essence, but making it a proper adult scifi horror. ... what i mean is explore the moral conundrums of jedi powers, the existential terror of being forced. how about true to life war horrors? how about really developing proper alien races, not just different configurations of the same thing? best of all, imagine the disgusting horror of a man half machine. vader would be proper fearsome if done right, the sight of the guy would make you wanna spew.

how awesome would that shit be

i vaguely remember grand admiral thrawn. yeah, the extended universe has some real badass concepts.

Thrawn is SOOOOOO much cooler than the emperor as a villain and is an equal to Darth Vader IMO.

you know what i would absolutely love to make one day.... or even see a solid attempt at?... the saga redone completely

hold on.... hear me out. ....

Dude I was just thinking the same thing seriously. If you ever need someone to co-write/co-produce that with you sign me up.

imagine a complete reboot, same story in essence, but making it a proper adult scifi horror. ... what i mean is explore the moral conundrums of jedi powers, the existential terror of being forced. how about true to life war horrors? how about really developing proper alien races, not just different configurations of the same thing? best of all, imagine the disgusting horror of a man half machine. vader would be proper fearsome if done right, the sight of the guy would make you wanna spew.

Yeah totally. A lot like how Knights of the Old Republic approached it. Not black and white at all but lots of shades of grey. Make the Sith more sympathetic and not show the Jedi as always being on the right side and not always maintaining the moral high ground.

I would say concentrate more on peripheral characters like Wedge Antilles or even a Stormtrooper and what they go through. Like show them having a traumatic experience or something and them getting and overcoming PTSD or something that would be so much more in depth. With all those epic battles going with so many people dying I'd imagine someone is going to have some form of trauma. And yeah truly make Vader a horrifying character. I would say keep the suit as that is iconic. But show him outside his suit more and make that more gruesome.

Also make Han Solo a bit darker. He is a smuggler and spice is supposed to be a drug in the Star Wars universe. So maybe make him a little bit of an addict or something.

Its funny you should mention this too as I have always thought about writing a Star Wars book with a more realistic approach. Strictly in the extended universe of course but yeah I would approach it just like this.

Although realistically if this did happen it would undoubtedly be controlled tightly by Lucas and CO. In fact I foresee this idea being completely shot down by the Star Wars fan community. There are far too many hardcore fans out there that would hate the idea of any body messing with the original trilogy. Hell I was pissed when they made that God awful "special edition" of the original three.

Also for a reboot kill off Jar Jar Binks within 5 minutes of his introduction. Like seriously have him pop up and bam blaster shot to the head.

Loved the old ones growing up. Lived by that shit.

Watched them back recently and they're just not doing it for me. Nostalgic value is really all they provided.