Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Star Wars

How come everyone hates Episode I? I liked it a lot...Far better than episode II which sucked balls....god i was dissapointed when I saw it. Episode III could have been made a lil better i think.

lame news of the day

Lucasfilm Animation is developing an all-new animated "Star Wars" series with a "playful and irreverent tone" that plans to look at the more "comedic aspects" of the "Star Wars" universe according to a press release from Lucasfilm.

"Robot Chicken" creators Seth Green and Matthew Senreich along with "The Daily Show" writer Brendan Hay will be creatively involved in the project which Jennifer Hill ("The Backyardigans") will produce and Todd Grimes ("Back at the Barnyard") will direct.

Cartoon Network currently airs the kiddie-aimed CG-animated action series spin-off "Star Wars: The Clone Wars". No word on which network would air this newest incarnation.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/16814/star-wars-the-animated-sitcom-

I have a Star Wars game on the PS3 that is kinda like a Final Fantasy VII/VIII clone based on the Star Wars animated series. After playing The force unleashed on PS3 first which is kinda nice, no top quality but nice gameplay/graphics it was a horrible experience to someone who has all six episodes on Special Edition DVD. :(

I have all Star Trek: TNG/DS9/Voyager seasons on DVD as well, I feel kinda nerdish now LOL. :D however the Alien Quadrilogy + Predator SE DVDs + both AvP movies in a limited steelcase box next to The Godfather: the Coppola restoration 4BD box should make up for it. :) I love hunting down SE/limited edition versions or box sets...

IMHO: episodes 3-6 are the best, I personally like the fifth one because of the hunted-down/hide-and-seek atmosphere if you get me. :)

-- Peace o/

I love Star Wars haha. I just got all the movies in HD so a friend and I are having a marathon soon.

Well like most old movies, they were filmed onto actual film which means it's easy to make it 1080p without quality loss. Of course, the cameras weren't as good as they are today so the quality isn't perfect, but it's great.

so you have the original film stock? whoah!

been a fan since i was digging through VHS tapes at my grandparents house when i was like 5 and decided to watch it purely based on the artwork on the cover.

i will say one thing about the 3 prequels, the lightsaber battles are WAY cooler than in the 3 original movies.
seriously, i watched the vader vs obi wan fight the other day, and it was kinda unimpressive in comparison.
still cool though.
also, you can't go wrong with force-choking the shit out of natalie portman.

1269894097777.jpg

seriously, i watched the vader vs obi wan fight the other day, and it was kinda unimpressive in comparison.

I agree, but to be fair, they are both old men. It's not like they'll be doing flips and shit, they'd put their hips out lol.

i disagree.

at first i was all hyped about the LS fights in TPM, but then they became too flashy for the "jedi way" as teased upon in the OT. i preferred them as samurai (minimal, but deadly efficient) rather than operatic kung fu (more show than go).

but then the jedi were far too prone to violence in the prequels. seems they pulled those things out all the time. by the end of the third, i was well and truly sick of those light sticks.

George Lucas himself has revealed that his live-action TV series set in the "Star Wars" universe has essentially ground to a halt.

According to CBM, the filmmaker revealed at a recent screening that "the live action TV show is kind of on hold because we have scripts, but we don't know how to do them."

Despite various sci-fi franchises from "Star Wars" to "Battlestar Galactica" doing small screen sci-fi on a budget, the economics of doing a TV series seem to be the big sticking point for Lucas.

"They literally are Star Wars, only we're going to have to try to do them at a tenth the cost. And it's a huge challenge, a lot bigger than what we thought it was gonna be" he adds.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/17944/-star-wars-ain-t-no-cheap-whore

The Star Wars saga will finally get a release in high-definition as all six movies come to Blu-Ray in a box set due for release next Fall reports StarWars.com.

The set will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films along with extensive special features including never before deleted scenes. While the picture is being digitally presented in the highest quality, the press release doesn't reveal what version(s) of the original trilogy we'll be seeing - original cut, special editions, or special editions with even more alterations.

The announcement took place in Orlando over the weekend during an interview with George Lucas at a convention where one of the deleted scenes from "Return of the Jedi" was screened. Not unsurprisingly a bootleg of that scene has already leaked online.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18004/greedo-to-still-shoot-first-in-1080p-

two things i hate in the OT SE: the new lapti neki and greedo shooting first. if these go back to the original, i'll consider buying the set for the nth time.

^Lapti Nek was the shizznit. The Ewok Celebration Song was even more awesome - I can't stand the dull as dishwater woodwind piece that replaced it. That song also paved over that one Ewok's awesome percussion solo.

Sign the petition!
http://originaltrilogy.com/petition/

Request to Restore the Theatrical Cuts of the Original Star Wars Trilogy for Blu-ray

Mr. Lucas,

Star Wars is a cultural icon that permanently changed the landscape of cinema, both in the US and abroad. It has earned its place not only in film history, but in the home video library of any film fan.

There has been much debate regarding the digital enhancements made to the original Star Wars films, beginning in 1997 with the release of the Special Edition. The debate was reignited in 2004 with the release of the DVD box set and culminated with the release of the 2006 limited edition DVDs, which contained substandard transfers from 1993 as bonus material. The purpose of this petition is not to debate copyright holders' rights; legally, you have every right to make alterations to your films. We do believe, however, that as the steward of one of the most recognizable and beloved film series of all time, you have a responsibility to restore and preserve Star Wars in its original form, unaltered, and make it accessible to fans in a quality equal to that of the Special Edition.

Speculation runs rampant as to the availability of suitable elements for a proper restoration of the theatrical cuts of the original trilogy. It has been suggested by your organization that the original negatives were permanently altered in order to create the Special Edition, making a complete restoration of the theatrical cuts impossible. The deliberate destruction of the original elements demonstrates such disrespect for film history that many of us find it hard to believe, given your firm stance in the past on film preservation. We hold out hope that claims of the negative's demise have been exaggerated.

Assuming adequate source materials do exist, our goal is to convince you that providing home video releases of the original theatrical cuts and the Special Editions in the best quality possible need not be an either/or proposition. Both versions can coexist without one detracting from the other. Ridley Scott supervised a definitive release of Blade Runner on Blu-ray with 4 distinct cuts that chronicle the evolution of the film over 3 decades, and all versions are presented in high quality. Close Encounters of the Third Kind has 3 cuts on the Blu-ray release—all with the blessing of Steven Spielberg and all presented in the best quality possible.

Outstanding Blu-ray releases like those for Blade Runner and Close Encounters of the Third Kind prove there can be a balance among creators' rights, film preservation, and fan service. The original Star Wars trilogy deserves the same treatment.

To clarify our request:

1) We ask that the theatrical cuts of the original Star Wars trilogy be restored from the best elements available using modern methods and technology.

2) When you decide to release the Star Wars saga on Blu-ray or any future format, we ask that the theatrical cuts of the original trilogy, with high definition transfers struck from the newly restored elements, be included alongside your most recent version.

We thank you for giving us Star Wars, and for your attention in this matter.

Regards,

The Undersigned

^ Cheers, petition signed, I'm not holding my breath on it achieving anything though :(

^another good example is the Alien Quadrilogy box set.

but you know lucas will sell the original cut after a few slightly varying editions each called "special". :!

Lapti Nek was the shizznit. The Ewok Celebration Song was even more awesome - I can't stand the dull as dishwater woodwind piece that replaced it. That song also paved over that one Ewok's awesome percussion solo.

QFT. I remember watching the re-released version in the theaters and thinking, "You gotta be shittin' me" when I heard the new music. The original was bubbly and fun; the new one was overblown garbage. Yeah, we get it Lucas, you think Vader is a tragic hero. Now, let's get on with the "I'm glad we blew that &$&#!!* up!" music.

[/end semi-drunken rant]

George Lucas is reportedly set on re-releasing all six films in the "Star Wars" franchise with new 3D conversions in 2012 says the trades.

Fox will release the 3D versions starting early 2012 with "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace". Each subsequent film will be released annually around the same date over consecutive years.

Lucasfilm is taking at least a full year with each conversion and will use several higher-end conversion houses to work on the project. The reason for the 2012 release of the first film is that Lucas is waiting for enough 3D screens being available to create a 'huge event'.

Lucas purportedly is lining up the re-releases as a lead-in to the ultimate home-viewing experience as home 3D TV technology is being perfected in coming years. This won't affect Lucas' plans for a comprehensive 2D Blu-ray Disc set of the six films next year.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18352/-star-wars-gets-3d-re-releases

so, there'll be a bluray release, then a 3d release for each film in theatre (and then probably on 3d bluray also) one at a time, then a complete 3dbluray edition.

just when you thought lucas couldn't milk this cow any more...