Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Over-rated "Classics"

superbad - absolutely nothing made this movie worth the price it costs to rent it.

reservoir dogs - don't get me wrong, i DID enjoy this movie, but i just think it's been overhyped to no end. it took me until about a year ago to finally watch it and i expected more from it.

taxi driver - this is another movie that i did really enjoy, but like reservoir dogs, i feel like it only left me wanting more. when the movie ended i thought to myself "that's it?"

panic_the_digital said:
Ditto on Atonement. The first half was quite good, then the second half just sucked balls.

I would never say the second half sucked balls but in many ways I know what you mean at the same time. In general I am just far more interested in the story when Briony is young and the film takes place on the estate, ie, the first half. The "war" scenes, if you can want to call them that, were good and very emotional and the scenes with Briony as a nurse in the hospital were interesting and good as well, but I think Soairse Ronan who plays the young Briony does a much better job than Romola Garai who plays the near 20 year old Briony. I definitely find the first half of the film/story much more riveting and interesting but I was so moved by that love story that I end up loving the whole film. Every time I see it I cry harder at the ending, I even read the book first, you'd think I'd become less emotional haha.

I agree that the second half is a bit less entertaining than the first. I felt the same way with the book.

AmorRoark said:
V is for Vendetta. I didn't get into this movie at all. It's the type that would generally be totally up my aisle too. The cheese factor was just way too overpowering for me. :\

Totally, what was Hugo Weaving thinking when accepting such a ridulous character role!