Votes: 7 25.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • [IMG]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Looking back to page one, there was a lot of hate towards this movie. All because Arnold wasn't going to be in it. Hell, I felt the same way. The more I see of this movie, the less I even think of Arnold. No disrespect towards Arnold, because T2 was beyond awesome. But come on. The man was never in any danger of winning an Oscar.

Here is the latest trailer for T4

i prefer the lack of arnie. he just took the piss in the third. since he has nothing to prove he won't take the role seriously ever again.

They are making a 4th movie? The third one was absolutely terrible. There is a reason that the TV show disregarded the third movie entirely.

4th, 5th and 6th actually. this is meant to be the first of a new trilogy.

i prefer the lack of arnie. he just took the piss in the third. since he has nothing to prove he won't take the role seriously ever again.

The thought of Arnold in another Terminator movie is more funny than nostalgic. Can you picture this guy:

arnold-Schwarzenegger-before-after.jpg

being mankind's hope for a brighter future?

He's finally reached the maturity level that all men hope to reach one day: you can stop forcing yourself to look good to get blowjobs from the hottest women in the world once you have enough money. After this stage in life, the only things to learn are what to wear to the golf course and what jokes to tell to make you look like a jolly old man.

saw a trailer before watchmen
cant wait for this to come out.

christian bale as john connor (hot hot hot)

tons of cyborgs

tons of explosions, gun shots

post apocalypse

im dying to see this
ill definitely download a cam copy of the movie before the dvd rips show up on torrents

oh im also glad we are gonna watch a terminator movie without arnold schwhartzwhatthefuckevereneger

extended trailer

over drinks last friday i found out that a woman i work with grew up with/still friends with the sister of the dude who plays the terminator in the new one/s.

oh and arnie is in it, but his cameo is completely digital.

Well...I had no idea Skynet was that stupid...

Thanks McG...you delivered what I sadly expected but was hoping not to see...a poor film in the terminator franchise.

For those who didn't like T3...well to each their own. I liked it a lot more than this one.

Honestly went in with the lowest of expectations...but the generic feeling and bland, hollow story couldn't be covered up by some decent CGI that seems to be hyped up more by defenders of this movie than I can understand. It didn't impress me at all. Felt like I had seen it all before in movies made a few years ago. The Iron Giant, Road Warrior and the Matrix trilogy come to mind.

Major stupidity issues with the plot...but what can you expect? It's McG.

Eh, the explosions were good. The robots looked good. Everything else was rather stupid.

ZOMG! Skynet has a machine that looks and acts human but is really an infiltrator set up to catch Kyle Reese and John Connor! Oh noes! But wait! This machine has a human heart and so he turns against his evil machine masters and helps save the human race! Hoo-ray!

:puke:

Honestly, I know Hollywood (especially in regards to big budget action movies) is mostly full of boneheads without one creative bone in their body, but couldn't they come up with an interesting plot that wasn't the same ol' stuff over and over? The Terminator series did the whole robot looking human and acting human to save humans thing much better AGES ago. Find a new plot and make it not suck.

Star Trek and this movie were both disappointments to me. The CGI and effects were awesome and there's lots of eye candy, but the plots stink and are dumbed down to a 3rd grade level. It's annoying, considering the movies could have been so much better with a real plot that was engaging and worthwhile. Kinda like, I dunno, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight? There's how you reboot/reintroduce a franchise.

On a side note, Moon Bloodgood is hot as hell. She made the movie more tolerable.

edit: added spoiler tags -impimp

Last edited by a moderator:
This movie was pretty bad ass. As with any action movie, the acting could have been better, but the fx were freaking sweeet.

i liked this film as much as i had hoped. immeasurably better than t3. some cheesy bits and the end had a few too many silly twists, but all in all this was far better than the new star trek claptrap.

3.5/5 (voted 4)

I saw this the other day in theaters. I hate to be a total 12 year old, but BOOOOORRRRRIIIIIIINNNNGGGGG!

Really. I just reminded me of the monotony of a typical 3rd person shooter video game. Kudos at least for having a singular vision and not trying to please the crowd with a bunch of total bullshit, but still definitely not a movie I'll watch again.

I came visually at least three times during this movie....

...but my god, they butchered what could have been an epic plot. It got WAY too corny in the end, I mean what was with the digital Arnold cameo? Really? 8) Having molten metal poured over him 2 minutes into his cameo was such a cop out too...

My biggest beef though was the lack of depth and dimension to any of the characters. It was as if they were so determined to make the movie look badass that they completely disregarded character development. John Connor was supposed to be the "savior" of the human race and yet I got nothing even close to that kind of vibe coming from what little we saw of his human side...

the way they did the t800 make me grin from ear to rear. i liked it.

Finally got around to seeing this. Pretty impressed with what I saw.

Despite McG being at the helm, the film is well-accomplished and works well as part of the canon series. I think that's helped by some quite obvious references to the original films - particularly T2: the bike jumping from the bridge and over the truck, the music playing on the ghetto blaster being the same that accompanied Edward Furlong's scenes, the molten metal, fights in industrial settings, etc. Then there's the blatant quotes: "come with me if you want to live"... "I'll be back". :D

They are, I think, a little self-conscious... and the unforgiving might say they were a desperate attempt to please the fans. But I think it's forgivable, if not for the aberration that was T3, then certainly to reconnect with the fanbase in the first of what is rumoured to be a trilogy.

The CGI is impressive. While I'm a fan of its subtle use, you can't make a film about killer cyborgs in the future without it. The first few scenes with the helicopter assault/escape are a wonder of technology and camera work. I had no doubt that what I was watching was CGI, but only because of the subject matter, rather than its implementation.

The cast perform well. Bale is what you'd expect and plays the role well. Worthington also does well as the mysterious co-lead. The young Reese Kyle (played by Anton Yelchin) is somewhat beige in his role, but understandable given the need to develop his character over the trilogy. The boy's going to be busy if he's to be Pavel Checkov in the new Star Trek franchise as well. Michael Ironside, despite my initial fears, manages to hold screen time without coming across like a walking cliché. Al in all, I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming next.