Votes: 7 25.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • [IMG]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
As for the 4th one, I am in some ways disappointed that Arnie wont be in it but the fact that they didnt try to work him in gives me more hope for the movie.

The T-X was so spectacularly powerful, she even intimidated the digital effects guys at ILM (or whereever) to fuck up a few times. One part in particular has a chunk taken out of her arm, yet when she runs, with her arms swinging, the chunk barely moves.

There are only two Terminator movies.

atlas said:
aww, come on guys! Give it a chance. Its from the same guy, "McG" (??!?), who gave us all Charlie's Angels and We Are Mashall

i almost threw up when i read that. seriously.

^
Lets not forget when they go into the abandoned base.. where no one has been inside for decades (so they said) and they had brand new Dell boxes in the background. All this 1970s technology... and Dell PC boxes..

Yes, but you're forgetting that all military hardware was sourced from a recovered alien spacecraft in the 50's and that the "Dellisian Order" have existed in secret for centuries to exploit fallen alien technology and prevent it from falling into the wrong hands. Their crappy mail-order PC company is just the latest front to take advantage of this position and to enslave us into one-size-fits-all, Vista-run boxes that will eventually take over the world and kill humankind.

Also, another Terminator must have gone back in time and replaced the military's computers with Dells... hence why everything fucked up and caused Judgement Day. Weren't you paying attention to the film?

Making another Terminator without Arnold would be like making another Rocky without Stallone. Granted,Arnold isn't exactly what you would call a great actor,but Terminator is a franchise that Arnold built. He IS the Terminator. Even if they set it in the future,who would really care. We already know what happens. They should have stopped with the second Terminator(the best one IMO) Now,they're just trying to squeeze blood from a stone. Is it too much for Hollywood to create a new franchise? I mean,I have about five or six rough drafts of original movies. I know there have to be thousands floating around out there,but yet they either want to dredge up a sequel to a movie no one cares to see,or make a dreaded remake.

^too true.

but then again, arnie was absolutely crap in the third film. he undermined the character to such an extent, as to render it void of all it's previous presence.

tambourine-man said:
Yes, but you're forgetting that all military hardware was sourced from a recovered alien spacecraft in the 50's and that the "Dellisian Order" have existed in secret for centuries to exploit fallen alien technology and prevent it from falling into the wrong hands. Their crappy mail-order PC company is just the latest front to take advantage of this position and to enslave us into one-size-fits-all, Vista-run boxes that will eventually take over the world and kill humankind.

Also, another Terminator must have gone back in time and replaced the military's computers with Dells... hence why everything fucked up and caused Judgement Day. Weren't you paying attention to the film?

holy shit, i would not be surprised if that was the actual plot to this next "trilogy".

"Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" producers Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that Christian Bale is to play John Connor in the first film of the new trilogy.

Whilst the role of John Connor is that of an "ongoing, very central character throughout the next trilogy", another lead character who is a new figure is just as important. Anderson says that "it's questionable if he's an enemy or not. That's not necessarily resolved."

Is it a Terminator character? "Well, it's hard to say. It is a new character introduced in the mythology that's not replacing Arnold [Schwarzenegger]. It's not like he's stepping into Arnold's shoes. It's a completely new character."

He adds that "It's a really interesting time in the franchise because it's where all the fans have always wanted the franchise to go, and it hasn't to date, which is the post-apocalyptic world. It's after judgment day. So because we're in a different time in the mythology, it introduces a whole new set of circumstances and characters."

Will Schwarzenegger return? "It still hasn't been determined, but if he does, it would be a very small cameo." Shooting is slated to start on March 15th in either Australia or Budapest with a budget "north of $150 million."

linky

christian bale!

mooncaller said:
I watched Terminator 2 while on 12mgs of DOI not long ago. I had flames and terminators and resistence fighters coming off the screen and fighting in the theatre in the opening scene.

Everytime the T-1000 would transform the front of the room would shimmer and shift into liquid metal, and I just had a ton of awesome visuals from the movie.

Not to mention I was riding the edge of my seat with my muscles tensed up for the whole of the movie.

When the end credits rolled I very much felt like I had just been in a fight and was sore from being tense for so long.

Fuckin awesome. To say the least.
Best......movie.....experience.....ever!

Christian Bale I like.

McG... not so much.

This movie is going to suck.

Charlie's Angels director McG recently spoke with both iF Magazine and The213.Net at the Warner Bros. Home Video 85th Anniversary celebration about the fourth installment in the "Terminator" franchise and revealed some interesting new stuff.

First off, it's current status - "[We're] prepping the picture right now. The script is largely done, whether or not we're able to prep off of it, obviously we want to continue to work on it, punch it up and we're hoping for an expedient finish to the writer's strike. But I've got my fingers crossed that in a week or two it will be over."

As for tone - "It's very much in keeping what the studio has done with Batman. We're respectful of the first pictures in creating a new language, while honoring the mythology, and I felt it would be a great time to play upon some of the [Isaac] Asimov ideas, some of the Phillip K. Dick ideas. It felt like a good time to tell a story about humanity and what it means to make us all human."

McG confirmed Christian Bale will indeed play the heroic John Connor, and hinted that Josh Brolin might be in the running to play the film's Terminator - "It's a decidedly masculine role and we live in a time, where a lot of actors are very effeminate and there's a masculine component to the role and there are guys out there like Russell Crowe and Eric Bana who bring a good physicality and do what they do, but I don't know if they're exactly right at the end of the day. Josh Brolin is a very exciting actor, so we'll see."

The action is set in 2019, post-Judgment Day, but conceded that "there are indeed some timeline issues" with respect to the continuity established by both the film and recent TV series - "We're going to what we can to respect the mythology" he says.

Finally, what about appearance by the T-800 (Arnie) or the liquid metal T-1000 from "Terminator 2" - "There will be a suggestion of the liquid metal development and a suggestion of the T-800 development. It's going to be a tip of the hat. We're undecided if there's going to be an actual appearance."

darkhorizons
i've probably been visiting darkhorizons longer than i have bluelight. it's a good site. recommended.

but anyway, asimov and dick are certainly headings in the right fucking direction, but if mcg can make it not farcical is still to be determined.

Christian Bale, eh? Well...he brings a lot of credibility to whatever he works on. I'll be hoping for something good, personally.

i always thought that actually showing epic battles between the humans and the machines with that dark apocalyptic atmosphere would make a great movie once the visual effects technology was ready to do it justice, but the studio will most likely skimp on budget and talent and make a total piece of shit on the cheap and rely on the success of the previous films to ride it to box office success. Bring back james cameron at least, i think the director of 3 is what ruined it.

Sziontist said:
actually, it says Christian Bale will play John Connor. Having Christian Bale as a major part in this movie has really changed my opinion about what this movie could be...

Sometimes it helps to look at the date a post was made before responding to it.

Acclaimed Aussie Sam Worthington has landed the lead role in "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" reports Variety.
worthington2.jpg

How'd he get the job? Seems the young actor who just played the lead in the James Cameron-directed "Avatar" got recommended to "Terminator" helmer McG by Cameron himself.

Worthington will play the role of Marcus, a central figure in a three-picture arc that begins after Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust.

A group of survivors led by John Connor (Christian Bale) struggles to keep the machines from finishing the job.

Warners has set the new film for domestic release next Summer.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080213i.php

The official blog for "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" has been updated with a piece of concept art of post-judgment day Los Angeles, and a letter from director McG on the production's current status. Here's the update in full:

"We've officially started principal photography on Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. Like you guys, I've been a long-time fan of the series and I understand your passion for the Terminator movies -- and it's my full intention to deliver a film that lives up to the previous three installments. I've spent time with James Cameron, spoken to Arnold Schwarzenegger, gone over the story with Jonah Nolan, and enlisted Stan Winston.

Everything we're shooting is designed to be tactile and real, you'll be seeing a whole set of inspired designs you've never seen before, and best of all you'll finally get to see some of the post-judgment day future that was only hinted at in the previous movies.

John Connor will be pushed to the brink. And for me, Christian Bale embodies Connor's strength and tenacity perfectly. And after visiting Sam Worthington on the set of Avatar, I know he's perfect for his role.

As you know, Anton Yelchin is playing Kyle Reese, and his prep has been unbelievable. The guy's been watching all three Terminators incessantly and he's definitely going to capture the essence of the character Michael Biehn created in Cameron's first film.

We started principal photography with a sequence at Griffith Observatory. I've already seen a cut of it -- Anton and Sam are excellent. I'll have more on that soon, and can't wait to share some of what we're doing with you all. Stay tuned for more."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080526h.php