Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film: Kick-Ass

Rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
the comic is a gem. expect a sequel out soon.

this was perhaps the best movie of the year for me. it was like a cross between a Kevin Smith movie and a Quentin Tarantino movie (with the gore, excellent choreography, and action score).

the microwave seen was so beautifully unsettling.

so you're saying that trash, generic, crap kids flicks like spy kids are good, but a movie based on a quality comic book that get's an R is garbage?

yeah most of the actors are teenagers/kids. that's the entire premise.
kids that grew up reading comic books and wonder why nobody ever just put on a mask and fought crime.
that's the whole fucking idea.

i swear. some of you are movie snobs to the highest degree.

anyways. i read the comic before i saw the movie.
it's about on par with watchmen. follows the comic pretty closely...changes the ending.
i still don't understand why they can never just keep the ending.

lol i never once said spy kids was good. dude it's my opinion. don't get so upset over it. I did see it, and yes it did suck worse than I even imagined. In fact my friend was so embarrased that he thought it would be a great film he offered to give me a refund for wasting my time. I politely declined, but it was probabaly the worst movie I've seen all year.
None of those actors should get roles again. What a pile of shit kick ass was.

^Why don't you try going into detail as to what you hated about this movie instead of your usual postings of how shitty it was.

Because as an adult I think watching an 11 year old girl beat up grown adults and only get a bloody nose when she gets socked in the face is very lame.

This film should've been named "Sucks-Ass".

I'm suspecting more and more that you haven't even seen it. I'm going to see it tomorrow and will post more thoroughly my likes and/or dislikes about the movie.

I'm suspecting more and more that you haven't even seen it. I'm going to see it tomorrow and will post more thoroughly my likes and/or dislikes about the movie.[/QUOT

what is it so hard to believe that maybe somebody ACTUALLY didn't like the movie? I having a hard time understanding why this is so tough to get.

I'm sure there are a ton of films that I love and you dislike, it's ok.

hahaha!

you are righteous MP (I'm in Orlando btw playing some shows don't you live here?)

I really enjoyed it, didn't look at my watch once. I read the book about a week before seeing it. I think I actually liked the movie better. I found the book to be more of a downer since it was more realistic in terms of how things would play out, while the movie was a little more hollywoodized. I think I liked the way they handled Red Mist better in the movie to, I think it worked better that way.

upon further review I would say this movie is a Tarantino mix between Mallrats and Kill Bill

I really liked it! Haven't read the comic; I always like to see the movie first because it makes the book seem so much better while allowing me to enjoy the movie for what it is and not get caught up in comparisons.

All in all a very well-put-together film. It was formulaic, but it was obvious that they realized this and had a lot of fun with it, I especially loved all the little homages to classic comic book tropes. The star of this movie for me was the actress who played Hit-Girl. While her character was a little unbelievable at times, she was spot-on and really personified how the film straddled the line between an adult movie and a kid's movie.

Loved it.

I liked the kind of cynical, non-dramatic approach that the film had for most of it.

And also how damn intense it gets at the end. The fight scenes are involving and gory.

Which is a great surprise after the trailers (in Australia) made it look quite cheesy / tacky.

I can honestly say I've never heard of this, and yet finding this thread, I'll give it a try. :)

This was awful...one of the lamest movies I've had the misfortune of spending hard cash on in years. The numerous jumps from almost slapstick-like "humor" to more serious moments were jarring and uncomfortable. The fight scenes were some of the dumbest, most badly choreographed I've seen in film.

I award this movie no points and my god have mercy on its soul.