film: Kick-Ass

Rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

His Name Is Frank

Bluelight Crew
kick-ass-poster-paint.jpg

Everything I've seen and read of this film leads me to believe it's going to be one of the standout movies this year. Hit Girl alone makes this seem a sure bet. A good film with Nicolas "Oh God! Not the bees!" Cage in it sounds hard for me to believe. It may be a sign of the apocalypse. If so, I hope it holds out until I see this movie first.

Trailer

Big Daddy and Hit Girl scene

Hit Girl trailer

YES! I read and loved the comic book! imagine the hilarity of movies like Superbad, mixed with extremely gruesome violent parts. they promoted this movie heavily at South By South West and I think that this is going to be one of my most enjoyed movies of the year.

i have to say, comic book movies don't normally appeal to me, but this one looks great. i don't have any knowledge of the comic book though so it won't sway me either way.

also, i've never been a nicolas cage fan, i find him irritating as a serious/action actor. however, his off kilter roles RARELY disappoint me. i think he's got a knack for the strangeness.

oh man...... this movie is pretty cool!
hit-girl and big daddy are so much better than the trailer shows (haven't read comic).
way more violent that i had expected.... generally i do not like comics turned mega-movie either, and there are definitely some unecessary, shitty, teen jokes, but there is alot to make up for it.
wicked.

Very cool film & it was much funnier than expected.

this is going to be the best film of the year for me. Nic Cage also pisses me off, more so because we are both comic book nerds but since he is an actor he ruins a lot of comic book movies for the general public. however, I think he can settle into this role because he is not close to a main character and he is just supporting away from the limelight.

this isn't your typical comic book movie. it has been underground since day one, despite the fact that it got signed to a movie deal almost instantly

this movie looks absolutely awful. i thought it was supposed to be a kids movie at first, so i was like "ok it's just a silly kids film probably like spy kids". but then i saw that it got an r rating and immediatly started to get sad that our society likes garbage like this.

It's nothing like spy kids... Maybe you should watch the film before bitching about it. :\

smotpoker, I guarantee that you will like this movie. it will be like Spy Kids on acid and more violent.

the little girl save what is otherwise a pretty mediocre film. the best parts all involve her being either overly crass or violent. some good ideas here, but most of these were wasted on bits that were just flat and cliche.

2.5/5

this movie looks absolutely awful. i thought it was supposed to be a kids movie at first, so i was like "ok it's just a silly kids film probably like spy kids". but then i saw that it got an r rating and immediatly started to get sad that our society likes garbage like this.

so you're saying that trash, generic, crap kids flicks like spy kids are good, but a movie based on a quality comic book that get's an R is garbage?

yeah most of the actors are teenagers/kids. that's the entire premise.
kids that grew up reading comic books and wonder why nobody ever just put on a mask and fought crime.
that's the whole fucking idea.

i swear. some of you are movie snobs to the highest degree.

anyways. i read the comic before i saw the movie.
it's about on par with watchmen. follows the comic pretty closely...changes the ending.
i still don't understand why they can never just keep the ending.

Saw it last night online without any knowledge of what it was going in. I thought it was great fun....ALOT of blood and action that was unexpected to say the least. Nic Cage plays his role nice and quiet, and there are alot of funny scenes as well.