Votes: 3 3.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • [IMG]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 18 20.2%

• Total voters
Props to Jason Reitman for directing two great films now(Thank You for Smoking being the other). At this rate he may leave his father Ivan in the dust career-wise when all is said and done.

it sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!it sucked!it sucked! it sucked!it sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!it sucked!it sit sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!ucked! it sucked! it sucked!it it sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!sucked!it sucked! it sucked! iit sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!t sucked! it sucked! it suckeit sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!d!it sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!it sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!it sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!it sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!it sucked!it sucked! it it sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!sucked! it sucked! it sucked!it sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!it sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!it sucked!it sucked! it sucked! it sucked! it sucked!

Shit was not realistic yo. not at all. the humor felt forced like every single thing she said just HAD to be the most thought-out, cliched, "sprakling gem of wit". It felt unnatural kinda. if she didnt act like that ALL THE TIME it woulda been alot more easy. it wasnt a horrible movie tho. just unrealistic and too much packaged all up neat.

the movie it kinda reminded me of in the style was Ghost world.

I liked it but it's just OK. Not Best Picture material and probably not even Top 10 for the year (I haven't see that many of last year's movies yet).

The dialogue tries too hard. The stripper scribe fails to live up to the hype. Ellen Page is pretty good, but the scathing cynicism gets kind of irritating after a while. I was also expecting more of a comedy; Michael Cera and Jason Bateman's presence led me to believe it was going to be a Mitch Hurwitz style comedy like Arrested Development. But Michael Cera is hardly even in this film, and most of his screen time is spent sitting around looking hurt and sensitive.

I thought the ending was touching. The characterization of a 16 year old was good, but the dialogue kills it. I'm sure that lots of cynical women in their 20s and 30s loved this film and its main character. No mystery there.

I gave it 2 stars....Benefit I know what you mean about the dialog. it just sounded too forced n unnatural. When every single line is like that it loses the effect. I just didnt think it was much like real life at all neither.maybe bein around people who all have kids mad young when they are teenagers makes u see it different but that aint how that shit really is IMO.

lacey k said:
maybe bein around people who all have kids mad young when they are teenagers makes u see it different but that aint how that shit really is IMO.

That's a good point. Most teen pregnancy occurs in a much different setting with much different people, not in a cozy, middle class, small town atmosphere where the kids seem smarter than the adults.

wow, this was so unremarkable in so many ways. i was really looking forward to seeing it and didn't really like it at all. "omg, she is so quirky and witty!" it got old, so one dimensional. 2 thumbs down for me.

oh and the lyrics in those awful songs were even worse than the movie. if that is indie, indie sucks. lets put a bunch of random words and freeform while we strum a guitar, oh my!
yuck.

^Haha I know what you mean about some of the soundtrack. I love a couple of the songs though, especially "All I want is you".

I thought it was pretty funny. Definitely didn't think it deserved quite as much attention as it got though. Juno was cute and I liked the characters. I'm really pro choice though so I didn't really enjoy the semi anti abortion theme that seemed to be underlying in the plot. Maybe thats just me though, because I'm REALLY pro choice and sort of sensitive about all that.

Overall I enjoyed it, but I don't think its one I would buy and watch over and over.

lacey k said:
Shit was not realistic yo. not at all. the humor felt forced like every single thing she said just HAD to be the most thought-out, cliched, "sprakling gem of wit". It felt unnatural kinda. if she didnt act like that ALL THE TIME it woulda been alot more easy. it wasnt a horrible movie tho. just unrealistic and too much packaged all up neat.

the movie it kinda reminded me of in the style was Ghost world.

I liked Ghost World a lot better.

I think juno is a pretty cool movie, Eh fails hard and doesnt afraid of anything.

MynameisnotDeja said:
Overall I enjoyed it, but I don't think its one I would buy and watch over and over.

Yeah, I can tell that it'd wear thin pretty quickly. To me it just made a refreshing change.

MynameisnotDeja said:
I liked Ghost World a lot better.

Definitely. %)

The film was overall entertaining ... and I loved hpw it started to make u feel it was going to a creepy kinda weird thing with Juno and other adoptive male ...

id say 4 stars ... ne one else find some of the dialog though kinda odd?

MynameisnotDeja said:
^Haha I know what you mean about some of the soundtrack. I love a couple of the songs though, especially "All I want is you".

I thought it was pretty funny. Definitely didn't think it deserved quite as much attention as it got though. Juno was cute and I liked the characters. I'm really pro choice though so I didn't really enjoy the semi anti abortion theme that seemed to be underlying in the plot. Maybe thats just me though, because I'm REALLY pro choice and sort of sensitive about all that.

i liked the one they were singing to each other at the end. it was cute with them singing to each other. and there was one, i think the second one they played in the movie that i think was a remake from another that i lOVE but couldn't place it. :( but the rest... no. :D