Votes: 3 3.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • [IMG]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 18 20.2%

• Total voters
I highly agree with Supertrav. Everything he mentioned is spot-on with how I feel. When I saw a detailed preview of it, while I thought Ellen Page does an excellent job, it feels pretentious. This sort of humor feels like something a self-indulgent, whiny 30-something woman created. I can't stand it. It just isn't funny or nearly as clever as it thinks it is. The movie "Something's Gotta Give" is similar with that type of humor and I recently read a review on Rotten Tomatoes that cited how the screenwriter finds herself too be far too intelligent and clever than she truly is. I'd like to see Ellen Page in a different kind of role: one that suits her (and me), considering the certain, um, tastes we share in common.

Potentially alludes to spoilers:

NSFW:
The best part of Juno is the way it flips some of the characters. For example, Jennifer Garner seemed like she was going to be the one to wreck the adoption. She is overbearing and controlling, running counter to everything the title character represents. Most people were probably waiting for her to have an uptight episode and ruin everything. But this doesn't happen. Instead, her fate is something more positive.

Jason Bateman acts like the "good guy" in the beginning. He has a lot in common with Juno as a rebel and the unconformist. Either he will save his new family or perhaps run off with her. Neither of these things happen. The result is something unconventional and unique.

The dialogue and the witty quips are tough to take in the beginning. Although it doesn't feel entirely comfortable by the end, at least it has a few good laughs and keeps the movie interesting. Best picture of the year? I think not. But it's a lot better than what usually passes for dark comedy.

[spoiler tags added by felix]

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly I absolutely loved this movie.

Potential plot spoilers

NSFW:
I wished they had delved into Bleeker and Junos relationship more. You kinda don't get a full on understanding of how they mesh together.

At first I hated that the adoptive father left but then after the move I kinda liked that twist. It was realistic and I guess Juno throughout the movie was trying to find a role model of a relationship that she could base herself on and the Jennifer Garnier character was it even though it wasn't perfect as she couldn't keep the couple together.

I was never disapointed I just crossed my fingers and hoped this wasn't going to be a Knocked up style movie cause that was a piece of trash.

All in all this movie was good. The characters lovable, the plot realistic, the soundtrack amazing!!! 5 stars

I just watched this movie and I think it was great.

Hard Candy turned me on to Ellen Page and I've yet to be disappointed by any movie she's been in (yes this includes X3 the x-men movie).

I thought this movie was really realistic and me and a friend talked about it on my hamburger phone.

I really liked the humour in this movie. A lot of the time it lacked true LOL moments, but instead it was filled with loads of little titters, followed by a knowing nod of the head.

I like this Ellen Page chick too. I'd never seen her in anything else before and thought she was a natural. Reminds me a little of a young Frances O'Connor in the looks department.

L2R said:
i've 'd JK Simmons ever since i saw him the first time on Oz, as the totally hardcore badass leader of the aryans. he apparently started his entertainment career as a folk singer.

Mmm, me too. He was a ruthless piece of work.

I've also really loved Allison Janney ever since I saw her in Drop Dead Gorgeous.

"I got some!" =D

Last edited:
I didn't really like this movie... maybe because I got high before it expecting it to be funny. I dunno just not my cup of tea

^^

Go and see it again when not high, you will appreciate it a hell of a lot more.

Its definitely not LOL humour, but the writing is so witty and quick that there will be a lot of times where you will laugh :)

I really enjoyed this film, it hit all the right buttons for me :)

Didn't like the main character and found it awkward, was hard to enjoy the film.

i absolutely loved this film!! everything about it was just lovely and sweet and funny and poignant and truthful and fake- just fucking brilliant=D i loved the soundtrack and ellen page is brilliant(her character is like the girl from hard candy but not psychotic!!). i cried at the end with her and bleeker in hospital, after all the joking from juno you saw her for a second as vulnerable......all in all an amazing film and one i would enjoy to watch again=D

Chicago66 said:
I thought this movie was really realistic and me and a friend talked about it on my hamburger phone.

LOL

I just noticed that comment :D

just finished watching it; liked it a lot.

+1 to Banquo's (now spoilered ;)) comments, i like it when unexpected things happen. sign of a quality movie.

e.g.
NSFW:
when juno and the potential father were dancing up in his room, my cringemeter went off the scale, expecting the wife to turn up and catch them. and that's not what happened.

4 out of 5. :)

I have to agree with Banquo and felix on the whole 'flipping' thing. There were a few moments where I was gritting my teeth in preparation for a cringe worthy moment to unfold, but thankfully they didn't go down that clichéd route which I found really refreshing.

Actually, the only point where I cringed was where Mark was teaching Juno how to play Doll Parts by Hole on Guitar. Eeek.

I liked it but kind of wish I had of caught it before all the hype started flying about

The soundtrack annoyed me a little though

I havent seen this movie yet, but I know Ill like it because I like most things, especially this type of movie.

I have the soundtrack, I love the "All I want is you" song. And the song the main guy and girl sing together.

I loved this movie. The fact that it didn't try and be funny 100% of the time is what made it good. It's a movie about teen pregnancy how funny can you be? I thought that this was a very well acted and well executed story that I walked out of feeling better as a human. Any movie that can make me feel that emotion, especially these days, is worthy of five stars in my opinion. The only part I didn't like was the sound track (sorry MynameisnotDeja) I thought it tried too hard to be indie

I thought this was highly overrated. Sure, it had its good parts and moments, but definitely did not measure up to what everyone else was saying about it. Wasn't phenomenal or anything.

it was alright......the style of the film reminded me of another movie, just don't know what???

i liked ellen page more in this than hard candy, which i thought was kinda lame....3 1/2 out of five