Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Clerks 2 (merged super-de-duper thread!)

Rate it

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
Film: Clerks 2

I know its a few months away but is anyone as pumped as I am?

http://www.clerks2.com/

for more info. Mewes looks great, I guess he's getting close to two years sober. Thats awesome.

merged!

Hopefully Smith can pursuade a new generation to think he's a genious, because all the fans he did have back in the hey-day have now realized what a fucking sell-out he is. I was 13 when Clerks came out. It was awesome. Now he's doing a sequel? But why?

^^^

One of the main reasons of this film is to celebrate Mewes's sobriety. Smith said the only way he would do another movie with Jason was if Jason was able to stay sober for over a year.

Sorry about starting a new thread. I swore I used the search engine.

AmorRoark said:
really keystroke? I heard the Clerks cartoons were better than the film. I'm not too sure if I'll even pay the money to see this.... there was a time for everyone to go through their Clerks/Mallrats phase but for me it's past.

the CLERKS cartoon is by far not as good as the film, but it's still good. and that sucks you haven't gone through a good Kevin Smith phase ;)

the cartoon is pretty good. you have to remember it is made for ABC (im assuming you meaning the series) and therefor is 'wholesome' unlike many of the references/straight out dialoge in the movies.

i just came herre to post this too^
im not disappointed with the trailer

and it appears to just be called clerks2 no on the pages as 1234 said before

I just came back from New Jersey this past weekend having attended Vulgarthon-Kevin Smith's annual film festival. There were films already lined up to play, yet at the beginning of the day, Kevin told us that he would drop a few flicks in order to show us the "super-secret movie" which turned out to be.....Clerks II. Having seen Clerks II & being a REAL & TRUE FAN, it ROCKS! We were all sworn to not talk about parts of the flick, but I can tell you to go see it--it's more than worth the price of a movie ticket.

On another note, I'm not really sure why there are people claiming that Kevin is a sell out... WHY? Because he enjoys making movies? Because he dearly loves his family & friends enough to put them in his flicks? Because he likes to have fun? Because he likes making money to pay bills? Call it whatever the fuck you want, Kevin Smith is brilliant & one of the nicest, most down to earth people you will ever meet in your life....& Mewes is too.

And PS---a past poster was right--The reason why Kevin made this flick was for Mewes. He promised him if he stayed clean that he would make another movie for him to be in. As of April 6, 2006 Jason celebrated 3 years of sobriety. I think that's a damn good enough reason to make a sequel.
Mewes looks as good as ever...and still just as funny :)

Last edited:
if you want to know why people call him a sellout its because of jay and silent bob strike back. he tried to cover a crappy script with money. his other movies were great though. admittedly i never saw jersey girl.

^Well Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back is one of my favorite movies so I still don't understand what that means. I have a hard time looking down on anyone who loves what they do for living & is so unbelievably accessible to their fans (like Kevin, Jason & the rest of his family & friends are)--UNLIKE the majority of other directors, producers, actors & actresses. I'm not quite sure what it is that people expect from Kevin. The majority of us have seen his movies--they haven't won any Academy Awards. They need to be taken for what they are: Entertainment.

I still haven't seen Jersey Girl either--the 3 hour extended cut was to be shown at the festival, but was dropped in order to fit in Clerks II. I choose to ignore the negativity I've read about that movie & keep an open mind because I love & respect Kevin so much. I'm sure it's not all that bad

Last edited:
i cant believe i missed vulgarthon... where was it held? (im guessing not in red bank?)

Kevin Smith is a hack with hiccups of inspiration. The clerks thing was only good once and that was at that time and age. His daredevil limited series was good. Chasing amy and dogma both has very brief moments of originality. Everything else is cliche ridden shite.
Props for him inspiring mewes to get off of drugs, but, unfortunately, instead of doing something original, he makes an unneeded sequel rehashing the same old routine.
No more box office for this man from me.

drrty grrl, no one is bagging him for the career he chose to do, the way he pays his bills or wipes his arse. We are bagging the lack of quality in his work here.
I either fell asleep or walked out of J&SBSB. What a godaweful movie.

wanderlust said:
i cant believe i missed vulgarthon... where was it held? (im guessing not in red bank?)

No you're right, it was in Red Bank--right down the block from Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash. There was such a response to the festival that they added a second day--Thank God, otherwise I wouldn't have been there! I had an amazing time=D

L2R said:
Kevin Smith is a hack with hiccups of inspiration. The clerks thing was only good once and that was at that time and age. His daredevil limited series was good. Chasing amy and dogma both has very brief moments of originality. Everything else is cliche ridden shite.
Props for him inspiring mewes to get off of drugs, but, unfortunately, instead of doing something original, he makes an unneeded sequel rehashing the same old routine.
No more box office for this man from me.

drrty grrl, no one is bagging him for the career he chose to do, the way he pays his bills or wipes his arse. We are bagging the lack of quality in his work here.
I either fell asleep or walked out of J&SBSB. What a godaweful movie.

Whatever dude-can't please everybody. At least his real fans can appreciate him.

K. Smith Q&A from the Post

Kevin Smith Speaks

Kevin Smith
Writer-Director
Wednesday, June 28, 2006; 12:30 PM

He burst onto the movie scene in 1994 with the low-budget comedy "Clerks." Now Kevin Smith is getting back to his indie roots with a sequel to that cult favorite, "Clerks II."

The writer-director was online Wednesday, June 28 at 12:30 p.m. ET to discuss his latest movie and his career in Hollywood.

Smith's directing credits include "Chasing Amy," "Dogma," "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" and "Jersey Girl." "Clerks II" opens in theaters on July 21.

A transcript follows.

washingtonpost.com: Hi, everyone. Kevin Smith will be joining us in a few minutes. Hang tight, everyone.

Kevin Smith: Hey, it's Kevin. Sorry I'm late. Techincal difficulties. Kinda like a wardrobe malfunction, but minus the exposed nipple.

Kevin Smith: Anyway, here we go. Lots of questions, and I don't have the time to get to them all, but we'll see what we can do.

Bethesda, Md.: Have you ever been mistaken for one of the members of N Sync?

Kevin Smith: I have. Joey Fatone. I've gotten the "What happened to you? Did you stop dancing? You've put on weight." When I explain I'm not, in fact, the N'Synch-er, they chastise me for trying to look like him. I don't mind the error, but I'm sure Mr. Fatone would be insulted by it. Nobody wants to look like me. Not even me.

Bethesda, Md.: What was the motivation for making "Clerks II"? Often you hear of directors making sequels for cash?

Kevin Smith: If I was making "Clerks II" for cash, I'd have to be regarded as borderline retarded. Because there was no cash to be had. The whole flick was budgeted at 5 million -- an amount I would have personally earned had I directed "The Green Hornet" movie instead. So "Clerks II" wasn't for the coin; it was for the love.

That being said, if it earns at the box office, I'd be a happy guy. Not so much for any money I'd see from it, but because it'd be kind of a validation of my ideas and the things I think are funny. And that's all any writer/director really craves: validation. When you're a fat writer/director, you crave validation even moreso. You just want people to say "You're acceptable... even if you look like Joey Fatone after a month-long Twinkie bender."

Philadelphia, Pa.: I read about the guy in Philadelphia who attacked you for making a sequel to "Clerks." Now, I don't mind whether or not it is a sequel, but whether or not it is good. Please tell us what makes your sequel good.

Kevin Smith: That dude was funny. I can't really feel offended by people that bash the flick without having seen it. He's working at a loss.

What's good about the flick is subjective; it's different for everyone. Me? It was worth it to make the flick just to get to a specific scene in the last ten minutes (don't wanna spoil it). For other, it may seem worth it because it's funny. Can't say whether people will dig the movie as much as I do, but I can say this much: you'll laugh when you see the flick. A lot. And not at it, mind you; with it. It's a really funny flick. And buried in there is some heartfelt stuff as well. I don't know; when I talk about it with folks that haven't seen it, I don't want to over-sell it, so I usually just say "Check it out, if you're inclined." That way, they don't go in with expectations -- which is a stupid notion on my behalf, I realize, because the moment there's a 2 in any movie title, there's no avoiding some level of expectation.

Harrisburg, Pa.: What led you to decide to create a mostly silent character? It is more difficult to pull off, because you have to express yourself through body language and expressions, and you are one of the few people who can pull that off well. Did you know you were good at this before you created Silent Bob, or did Silent Bob develop with you over time, or how did you come up with Silent Bob?

Kevin Smith: Whether I'm "good" at it at all is open for debate. But I came up with Silent Bob just so Jay would have someone to talk to. I figured it'd be nice to pair him with his polar opposite: if Jay's always yapping, always moving, and wirey, it seemed to make sense to have him standing beside someone that was the flip-side of those attributes. And keeping him quiet was just a way to let the Jay character ramble without having to get into a conversation. I think he's best when he's not engaged in conversation, but when he's talking to (or at) Silent Bob.

Also, it means I get to be in the movie and not have to memorize any of those long-a$$ monologues I force the other cast to perform.

Herndon, Va.: quickstopentertainment.com? What was wrong with moviepoopshoot.com?

Kevin Smith: Nothing at all. Just felt like we rang that bell long enough. QuickStopEntertainment.com seemed to sum the site up better than MoviePoopShoot. I mean, movies weren't the only thing we covered with that site, so we always kinda felt like it was a misleading name.

Rest of Q&A

well, i've always beena big kevin smith fan, so i will defnitely be checking this out in the theater.

i'm even MORE curious about this flick, i gotta say.

ooh, and then "snakes on a plane" two weeks afterwards!

can life get any better?

i submit it can not!