• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Fear of death and psychedelics / dissociatives.

Please just smoke copious amounts of DMT until they tell you to stop. Fear of death=gone.

Why do you think smoking DMT has any relevance to dying? Because of "The spirit molecule" where he makes up that bullshit theory that DMT is released at death? That was complete shit.

I dont ask for an appology for myself. I ask for it in terms of even comparing the ego death experience to that of the dying process of actual people. Those people are the only ones who have knowledge of this process. Taking a heap of drugs and having a ego death experience is nothing more than a drug induced psychotic break from reality. To compare ego death to the actual dying process is like comparing chalk and cheese.

No one is saying that the experiences are the same, or at least I'm not. I'm just trying to say - simply - that the term ego death is appropriate because during the experience you believe you are dying, hence your ego has to deal with those emotions and let go of life and accept death. I am quite sure the actual experience of dying is very different and, if dying in the ways you describe, MUCH more traumatic.

Yeah the DMT released at death thing has really spread far and wide. I hung out with a girl last night and she told me that, didn't bother correcting her since it was a first date type thing.

Why do you think smoking DMT has any relevance to dying? Because of "The spirit molecule" where he makes up that bullshit theory that DMT is released at death? That was complete shit.

Have an amazing breakthrough experience and after you come back I will not need to explain myself.

In regards to science: There is still a lot we don't know about DMT and the pineal gland and most of what you hear out there is conjecture and theories. It is incredibly hard to prove that it is manufactured in any significant way without killing somebody with an experiment. The reasoning behind my statement and/or beliefs is due to my own direct experience. Don't take my word for it though. GO have your own direct experience :D

In regards to "they" .. it is whatever you want to call it. I find with substances such as san pedro, dmt, there is some guiding force at work that always lets you know when you've had enough.

I take a lot of DMT orally John. I think it's fantastic but I don't think it's like death. To me, it's the complete and utter opposite to death in every possible way. I've never felt more alive. I'm curious as to why you think seeing the world exploding in colours around you and feeling totally euphoric reminds of you dying a sad, lonely death in a cancer ward.

My proof is that no near death experience has ever mentioned massive explosions of psychedelic colours exploding around you. A dose of DMT is pretty hard to miss.

There is a distinction between analytically coming to a conclusion, and taking the implications of that conclusions personally. It is not max' or Xorkoth's responsibility if others like you lovepsychadelics take offense to the implications.

For example saying that seeing someone else dying is not the same as dying yourself is a simple fact and it hardly needs any analysis. Lovepsych I get that working in a palliative care facility is profoundly emotional and it can do a lot to your feelings and ideas about dying, and nobody is trying to take that away from you. But the fact just remains that you have not died or you would not be here to join the conversation.
Let's avoid too much escalation in this topic based on getting those things all mixed up in similar ways.

Again, nobody is trying to hurt your feelings I'm sure, and I don't like the idea of people taking sides rather than plain agreeing with statements, posts or perspectives... that said I agree with Xorkoth that no apologies are due.
And apart from that, I'd generally appreciate it if everyone could avoid taking things personally that weren't meant that way, since they were obviously not formulated that way.
Feelings, even heartfelt ones are not fair to project onto arguments inappropriately. And it is especially unfair to blame others if that results in conflict.

I hope we can all be understanding of each other and suggest we get back on topic, I'm afraid I don't have time to comment on the topic's subject because I didn't really have time to write this post in the first place but it seemed necessary. I will comment and give my personal views / opinion tomorrow or as soon as I have time.

Solipsis you have no concept here and no ability to make a qualitative assessment as you lack the fundamental life experience necessary to even make the comparison between the "ego death" experience and the actual death and dying process. Great read is "On Death and Dying" written by a RN in the 60's. I appreciate your attempt to build a bridge but it's a bridge to far for you to even comprehend. I don't blame others I state that they compare the "ego death" experience to the actual death and dying process. Buddy I've tripped far beyond Max_freakout's version of "ego death".

The simple reality is the observation of your bodies functionality and the medical response to such. As a trained medical professional I am well aware of how to treat such conditions as tachycardia, AF, elevated BP and can do so even when tripping the light fantastic on another level of insanity. Compared to the actual death and dying process the concept of "ego death" is laughable. On another note John Bishop your comments come across as somewhat naive. Wow you had a "break through" experience... I've had breakthroughs that would leave most with soiled pants and I still think "ego death" is nothing compared to the actual death and dying process I've witnessed people go through. Indeed all it is is a brief break from reality where one gets a bit scared that they did a bit to much drugs and maybe they are experiencing an OD...

Last edited:
When your pants are soiled and you are running round naked wearing them on your head you know you're really tripping! :)

Question is: can I (we) overcome the fear of death once "forever" and live our life freely?

Do you mean pathological death anxiety? Then yes, that is abnormal and unhealthy.

OTOH, when you're told to get yourself to the emergency room ASAP because the tests say that you have half as many red blood cells as you should, I think fear of death is an eminently reasonable thing to feel.

Last edited: