Votes: 10 3.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 47 15.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 232 78.4%

• Total voters
hunter s. thompson was a great writer. fear and loating is wonderful. i'm starting a book of his following the nixon campaign trail

Only films I've watched tripping are School of Rock & Spirited Away...good times...first time I did acid, was very mild trip tho so I wouldn't count it so much...

Really wanna watch F & L on ANYTHING - never watched it stoned even, I've only seen it twice and I had only had a few cans... awesome headfuck film though, very realistic about how much of a mindfuck drugs can be if one goes abit overboard lol

i wanna to take a drug trip while watching that futurama episode where fry recalls watching a film with a drug trip in it while being on a drug trip himself. ;)

great movie. one of my favorites. the book is better, and its one of his weaker books IMO.

I first read Fear and Loathing in 1988, when I found a copy lying on a library table. I read the first page and was like "what the hell.....?" Five years later, I named my dog "Hunter." :)

When I heard they were making a movie of it, I was pissed. "There's no way they can make a movie about that book! It's impossible!" I thought. :X

But they did a pretty good job.

Still, there's so much great stuff in the book that's not in the movie. Like when he calls Lucy a "bulldog-faced girl." lol =D

I finally saw this movie for the first time a few days ago! Naturally I was extremelly stoned and it was quite the experience, at times I felt like I was going through some of the crazy shit going on in the movie, but I definately rate it as up there with my favourit films of all time. I might watch it sober though because atm it's all a bit of a blur to me. Might read the book too, though I don't know if I can handle it if it's going to leave me in an existential quandering...i hate those

Classic movie. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys drugs, films, circuses, the desert, golf shoes, classic convertables, tape recorders, acapulco shirts, insanity and/or gambling visors.

Loved the film. The book is even better. One of my favorite writers.

Have any of you seen "Breakfast with Hunter"? It's a documentary on him made around the time Fear and Loathing was being filmed. I just saw it about a week ago and would say it's a must see for all Thompson fans.

Love this movie, Johnny Depp and Binicio Del Toro do a really good job acting like their fucked up lol.

Tried watching it on shrooms once wasn't that fun, it was pretty trippy hahaha

Have any of you seen "Breakfast with Hunter"? It's a documentary on him made around the time Fear and Loathing was being filmed. I just saw it about a week ago and would say it's a must see for all Thompson fans.

Is that the one made up of a bunch of interviews with him at woody creek? Also with his girlfriend and Ralph Steadman?

Yeah I've seen Gonzo: The life and work of HST, Buy the Ticket: HST on film, and Breakfast with Hunter. But they all run together in my memory.

This is one example of a movie which is better than the book.
I clicked on this thread specifically to make this comment. Though when a movie is better than the good book its based on, I consider the author the inventor of the hot dog, and the director the guy who just knew it would be that much better with mustard and ketchup--instead of fucking it up with something wrong like mayonnaise. I should go to bed.

this film was made by a god, for gods

watching it now while very coked up, fantastic

I consider the author the inventor of the hot dog, and the director the guy who just knew it would be that much better with mustard and ketchup--instead of fucking it up with something wrong like mayonnaise. I should go to bed.

Lol that's good, I've never thought of it like that

Don't try and fight it. You'll get brain bubbles, strokes, aneurysms. And you'll just wither up and die.