Votes: 7 2.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 47 15.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 232 78.4%

• Total voters

herbalchef

Bluelighter
This is by far one of my favorite movies of all time. They take all types of drugs, and just the appearance of the movie itself is fucked up let alone to be on drugs. My favorite part is when jonny depp eats the cid in the bathroom. Also, at the end when he is talking about Timmothy Leary and buying peace of mind for $3 a hit. This movie is insane!!!!!!!

I know a lot of people that watched this movie while tripping. Any thoughts about this movie.

it´s my favorite movie too... last time I was tripping, I thought it would be cool to watch it, but actually... I became totally uninterrested in the movie...
dunno why... I just did everything else but watching it...
weird...

I tend to find that just about every movie is crazy to watch on enough acid . . . but yeah, it's pretty visually stimulating. Good movie.

I tried watching it tripping, too much too handle.

the movie makes me feel like im tripping even when im not.

fav part is when they eat the ether

^^^ yeah I thought I was gonna piss myself laughing so hard one night watching it under the influence of shrooms, I don't know why but the fact he pulled out a american flag and thought about it for a second like maybe I shouldn't then ehh why hell not and pours the ether onto it, but the movie can get a bit insane so I feel it is better to watch it baked instead, so you can sit back and let yourself get into deep thought about it, other than the trippy what the hell did I just see vibes you get while watching it tripping

Haha, I don't advice you do. A friend of mine watched this movie while tripping, and she thought there was some underlying storyline, and sought all kinds of reasons behind the actions of the actors, and constantly thought there was some deep shit going on.

Obviously there isnt.

ActiveMatx said:
I tried watching it tripping, too much too handle.

the movie makes me feel like im tripping even when im not.

fav part is when they eat the ether

Um, eat the ether??? You can sure tell that that drug has gone out of style, lol.

This is one example of a movie which is better than the book.

This is the Movie that made me buy a DVD player. VHS copies came out Six months later than the DVDs and I Couldn't wait that long!

If you have a DVD player with the capabilities, watch this movie while its on ZOOM. Pan to different parts of the screen while zoomed. It can turn a familiar movie into an entirely new experience.......

lol i loved this movie, johnny depp always plays his roles perfectly

FairyX said:
it´s my favorite movie too... last time I was tripping, I thought it would be cool to watch it, but actually... I became totally uninterrested in the movie...
dunno why... I just did everything else but watching it...
weird...

exact same thing happened to me once. instead of watching the movie... i went to take a piss... but was sent off track when my other friend convinced me that HE was the one that had to piss, not me... to make a long story short... 3 of us wound up sitting on the stairs from the attic to the 2nd story trying to figure out why we were sitting on the stairs from the attic to the 2nd story. :)

...i eventually went to the bathroom. :)

Left to Right said:
This is one example of a movie which is better than the book.
Have you even read the book??? The only reason that the movie has so much going on is because of how well Dr. Thompson wrote the book . . . how you can even say that the movie is better when it leaves out two of the best, most memorable scenes from the book: When they go to the race track/shooting range the night before the race and when they are explaining to the Southern sheriff about devil worshippers in LA stealing people's peneal glands in public, scaring the shit out of him (and no, the paltry mention of that when they first get to Vegas and you hear that guy on the payphone mention it DOES NOT make up for this, by any means . . .). Are you sure you didn't read the illustrated classics version of Fear and Loathing? Or maybe the Cliff Notes?

Best movie ever.

Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a main era---the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run, but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that, I think, was the handle---that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting---on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark---the place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Another good part!

Raoul: I want you to understand that this man at the wheel is my attorney. He's not just some dingbat I found on the strip, man. He's a foreigner. I think he's probably Samoan. But that doesn't matter, though, does it? Are you prejudiced?
Hitchhiker: Hell no.
Raoul Duke: I didn't think so. Because in spite of his racial handicap, this man is very valuable to me. Oh, shit. I forgot about the beer. You want one?
Hitchhiker: No.
Raoul Duke: How 'bout some ether?
Hitchhiker: What?
Raoul Duke: Never mind.

I'm currently reading the book for the second time, but I'm not going to say it is better than the movie or vice versa because movies are meant to be watched and books are meant to be read. Thus, no comparison.