• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Favorite Dip (chewing tobacco)

Yeah I would definitely be down for trying General or Swedish Match, Swedish snus; you know that moist snuff that comes in pouches with measured doses. It's supposed to be easier to deal with while having a pretty hefty nicotine dose that takes a while to kick in, like 25-30 minutes or so

I tried dip at university and had to throw up. It just tasted like chemicals to me and I could barely taste any tobacco. Oral tobacco is dangerous enough. I don't think it's worth it unless I can enjoy a nice tobacco flavor, so I doubt I'll come back to loose snuff. Apparently there's a tradition of using Bruton and other nasal snuffs orally. The traditional way is using a twig to rub it on the gums. Well, the original way was to use it nasally; like George Washington and Benjamin Franklin did, for example

Anyway I don't know where cigarettes started but moist snuff started in either Denmark or Sweden. And of course tobacco comes from South America, so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. Hehe ;)

gosh dang this is a real thread??! maybe god is real. hahaha i dip skoal straight and have been since day one.

I love dip, mostly used grizzly long cut straight not because i thought it was awesome tasting it's just what I got the most used to.

found dipping harder to quit then smoking, but I have success switching to nicotine gum for a few weeks then switching to patches with regular non nicotine gum chewing, then taper off with smaller patches then stop.

dip has done some nasty damage to my teeth but it's not surprising since it got to a point where I always had some in my lip from morning to night. I've even been known to fall asleep with some there, my poor teeth...

Nicotine is the weirdest drug because I have no idea why it's addictive. I actually really dislike the buzz from it, like if I get the buzz, it makes me feel like shit, lethargic, poisoned, nauseous, but yet it's extremely compulsive. I quit smoking/vaping/everything like 4 months ago, wasn't thinking about it at all, then was drunk and asked my friend for a dip. Didn't really even enjoy it, but then a few days later I bought a can, and just finished it today. Strange, strange drug, I find it creepy. Not gonna buy another can.

I guess some people enjoy the buzz, but I honestly do not. So why is it compulsive?? Every other drug I an compulsed towards, it is obvious to me why... because I enjoy it, it makes me feel good, etc.

I've also only had nicotine withdrawal once, even when smoking a pack a day for years, or vaping literally 24/7 with 50mg/mL vape juice. It was the last time I quit, but it was laughably easy compared to gabaergic or opiate withdrawal, I just craved it a lot and was kinda anxious and couldn't get a sentence out without stumbling over the words to save my life. After a few days I felt fine. Every other time I've quit, no matter how much I was using, there was nothing besides thinking about it often for a little while. I wonder if my body chemistry is just different?

But the lack of withdrawals makes it even more confusing to me as to why I have gotten mentally addicted to it so many times.

My good friend struggles mightily with nicotine. he's trying to quit to be a good example for his son, and he keeps trying to taper really slow down to 1mg/mL vape juice, feels fine, then jumps off and says it's the worst he's ever felt, he explodes at people, says he feels like he can't get comfortable, is super anxious, starts to have delusional thoughts about everything being horrible, and he always caves, and thinks he's going to be a slave to it forever. Yestersday he jumped off of it and he and his girlfriend ended up fighting so bad that they almost broke up, he put a hole in the wall, just total madness. I'm glad I've never had anything like that happen. it's weird that it could he so different for different people. Like, anyone, if they take benzos too much, is going to experience benzo withdrawal in its full "glory", or alcohol... same with opiates I think (though I have read of people on here seeming to have a much easier time with opiate withdrawal than I do). But I have another friend who also doesn't get nicotine withdrawal and I've heard of others, too. Seems odd.

In no particular order: Grizzly Straight, Grizzly Wintergreen, Copenhagen Long Cut, Hawken fine cut, or whatever someone at work let's me pinch

@Xorkoth I don't withdrawal from it either but I do like and enjoy using it, which is even weirder. Hehe

I always liked grizzly mint when I used dip.. I can’t take the wintergreen anything wintergreen makes me sick, and I never had a liking of the regular flavor.

Been on the patch a couple weeks now trying to stop years of chewing tobacco and years of smoking before that. Unfortunately I was also chewing up pieces of my old used patches through the day while wearing a new patch everyday. This was spiraling out of control, the amount of nicotine released from chewing pieces of a patch can be quite high but my tolerance was quickly adjusting necessitating biggger and bigger pieces.

So finally I decided to wear 2 patches per day and have been forcing myself to flush them when I take them off at night. Now I seem to have things under control for several days but I have been chewing regular gum like an animal. Atleast the cravings are subsiding. Soon I can start reducing the amount/size of the patches. I will be free from chewing tobacco and nicotine soon. I am determined.

Been on the patch a couple weeks now trying to stop years of chewing tobacco and years of smoking before that. Unfortunately I was also chewing up pieces of my old used patches through the day while wearing a new patch everyday. This was spiraling out of control, the amount of nicotine released from chewing pieces of a patch can be quite high but my tolerance was quickly adjusting necessitating biggger and bigger pieces.

So finally I decided to wear 2 patches per day and have been forcing myself to flush them when I take them off at night. Now I seem to have things under control for several days but I have been chewing regular gum like an animal. Atleast the cravings are subsiding. Soon I can start reducing the amount/size of the patches. I will be free from chewing tobacco and nicotine soon. I am determined.
I must say flushing them isn’t the best idea for your plumbing.. but if that’s what it takes to keep from chewing them I suppose it’s a necessary evil lol. Congrats on making the change! I quit using nicotine a few months ago myself. It wasn’t easy (I was a chain vaper for years) however I worked it down to 3 mg/ml eliquid and finally took the plunge so going to 0mg/ml wasn’t much of a shock to my system. Anyway I wish you luck! And hope the downward titration of your nicotine levels goes smoothly.

I must say flushing them isn’t the best idea for your plumbing.. but if that’s what it takes to keep from chewing them I suppose it’s a necessary evil lol. Congrats on making the change! I quit using nicotine a few months ago myself. It wasn’t easy (I was a chain vaper for years) however I worked it down to 3 mg/ml eliquid and finally took the plunge so going to 0mg/ml wasn’t much of a shock to my system. Anyway I wish you luck! And hope the downward titration of your nicotine levels goes smoothly.
Thank you. I have been thinking about the whole process of flushing them too. I try my best to be as conscientious of what I flush down the drain as possible but, at least for the first few days, I feel this is necessary so that I don't find myself digging them out of the trash (I'm disgusting but I know myself well enough to admit that if I put them in the trash I would be at the risk of digging them out later)

I will only continue doing so for another day or two. I'm confident that after enough time has passed that I can trust myself enough to dispose of them properly without going back to retrieve them later. Besides, if I really want a patch to chew I could always just open a new one and chew that, or I could just run to the store and buy a can of grizzly.

Feels good to be getting a handle on this. My teeth and my health ftw, I really don't want to deal with any ora/throat type cancers if it can be helped

Grizzly wintergreen pouches. Trying to stay with the pouches now. Cleaner, easier to take out and less hard on the teeth because you can move it to different areas of the mouth.