Father Disturbed by 7-Year-Old Daughter's Medical Marijuana Use

can always combine opioid pain relief with cannabis. Idk about you guys but I get the morphine munchies quite a bit. I agree though that the natural poppy is demonized way too much. there are no good drugs are bad drugs. they do what they're designed to do, its up to the person taking it or the person administering it to be responsible.

opi8;11084206 said:
I'd prefer to use opium over cannabis for pain. What's with all the love for the natural pot plant, but the poppy plant is the devil? I find people, generally speaking, to be contradictory animals and extremely difficult to understand. I'm glad you brought up that point Busty.
Nobody it trying to say opiates are the devil they are just saying that cannabis is a better choice for some one with cancer due to the fact opiates cause the very side effects you want to prevent. It causes physical dependency, you can OD on, suppresses appetite, causes nausea, it doesn't fight cancer, and she is fucking 7 while cannabis doesn't cause physical dependency, you can't OD on it, helps appetite, helps nausea, and has been proven to fight cancer.Just because a drug fits your personal preference it doesn't mean it's safer. If you had a 7 year old with cancer would you actually feel more comfortable with them taking opiates instead of cannabis?

the dads opinion is based upon resentment towards the mother and new boyfriend. she has cancer which can be fatal.

she takes cannabis which isn't

it doesn't take an idiot to work out he is just angry at the mother and his lack of control. cannabis does affect your brain but if you stop it then your brain will re-adjust in time. re-adjusting to death from leukemia is not really the same.

what a dickhead

I see both sides to this argument. It's not really "known" or studied how far Cannabis use can affect brain development and I don't think it should be used daily. But my mom had leukemia and I know how toxic the chemo is to your body. It is literally poisonous radiation killing everything inside. If weed helps you feel better, I don't see anything wrong with it. Opiates are great for pain, mood, and help increase appetite (imo), but come with their own problems like tolerance, dependence, and addiction.

I say a mixture of the two would keep a suffering patient comfortable.

Title should be "Bitter Parents Fight Over Their Child". Drugs aren't really the issue here.

I'm more interested in that conversation about marijuana and opium. If weed is legal nationwide in 10 years, how much longer before people push for legalized opium? What about legalized coca leaves?

The title is a bit misleading. It conjures an image of a child hitting a bong. Even if it were true that the child is getting psychoactive side from the cannabis oil - she is undergoing chemotherapy, and it is likely taking away the accompanying nausea. If it makes her feel better, what is the harm?

"All she wanted to do was lay on the bed and play video games."

Good to hear, for a change.

Effuzion;11085272 said:
Title should be "Bitter Parents Fight Over Their Child". Drugs aren't really the issue here.

I'm more interested in that conversation about marijuana and opium. If weed is legal nationwide in 10 years, how much longer before people push for legalized opium? What about legalized coca leaves?

I'd love to see opium legalized, it could stop people from using potentially more dangerous drugs like heroin, or from abusing prescription medicines and we won't have to worry about that whole opiate fiasco anymore. Taxes on it can help pay for addiction treatment centers and an addict could just grow a field to support his habit instead of throwing his money away.

Coca leaves aren't so bad either, people had been using them for hundreds of years with no problems... it wasn't until cocaine was refined out of it that we started having problems. Legal coca chew preparations and coca wine would be pretty neat, but I highly doubt that would happen

Agreed, there was almost never any addiction issues with the leaf itself... but the all the hype behind cocaine and it's relative easy extraction from the leaf mean it will probably always stay illegal

Effuzion;11085272 said:

I am 100% with you. I have been arguing that point for years: that the public is initially more likely to be comfortable with raw crops than processed or synthesized chemicals. I'd include khat in your list, as well as iboga, cacti, mushrooms, mimosa and a bunch of other prohibited plants.

Baby steps.

Folley;11085473 said:
Agreed, there was almost never any addiction issues with the leaf itself... but the all the hype behind cocaine and it's relative easy extraction from the leaf mean it will probably always stay illegal

Practically its actually very hard to yield any extraction if the leaf is powdered

OH WHAT THE FUCK.

I hate the news. They show an ad for this story that basically says "Medical Marijuana for your kids!!" then cuts to a shot of the young girl saying "It makes you feel kind of pukey.." when she is talking about fucking chemo, and not the drug. Of course, they have to edit that together in the worse way possible to make it seem like weed is the problem.

"Once her daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia, the mother KNEW she would treat it with cannabis."

That's not what she fucking said at all you God damned word-twisting fascists. She said "Once she was diagnosed I knew I would do anything to save my child", cannabis just happens to be that anything.

Then the next story is about the two Seahawks found with adderall in their system

"Hear from our doctor why adderall is so addictive... in 15 minutes."

The media makes me sick.

Marijuana is wrong for medical purposes in children, but Speed is alright for medical purposes in children.

brb sleeping. Wake me up when people make sense.

"She was stoned out of her mind," said Comstock, 26. "All she wanted to do was lay on the bed and play video games.

Oh my god, how terrible! A 7 year old girl wants to hang out and play video games, call the fucking doctors immediately, this is an emergency people!

Renz Envy;11086265 said:
Marijuana is wrong for medical purposes in children, but Speed is alright for medical purposes in children.

lol thanks I needed some hypocrisy to cheer me up. Possibly the biggest double standard....... ever?

Many people live in a brainwashed state.
They don't take responsibility for their own philosophical edifices.
If the mass media tells then X is good and Y is bad, they generally believe it, regardless of any possible contradictions.

Cannabis is bad. Speed is a lifesaver (for kids with ADHD).
No introspection, or evaluation or analysis. Accept what you are given by society.

In this case, things are changing. The public perception of drugs is slowly changing.
But with respect to other things, such as sex, body image, morality/good and bad, and other basic aspects of life, the public is as brainwashed as ever.

Busty: Why in the world would you feel it is wrong to give a Leukemia patient opium? Do you imagine she isn't already being given morphine or even more powetful synthetics? Opium is a great pain medication for children and Jews like my family have administered it to children as young as 8 days old for circumcisions and at several months for teething. The only drawback is consistency since alkaloidal content varies and with pallative care tolerance builds which can be a real issue with immature physiologies. Personally? I would much rather give my children opium than any licit synthetic opioids.