PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Experience wanted!

Thank you all for your replies. Alexa

• I hope it will be a great rave party

• How long am I going to be awake?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Definitely do not trip for the first time at an event like this, and given that you said you haven't taken any drugs before, perhaps not doing psychedelics right now would be best I think. I used to smoke pot frequently for quite a while prior to having tripped for the first time, and while it's very different I think it helped me to become used to being in an 'altered state' in general. Though, pot and psychedelics are totally a day and night difference from one another. One is like going on a flight from New York to LA and the other is like getting sent into orbit a few times, if you catch my drift. Yet I do feel like having been a major stoner for a good while beforehand got me used to being 'off the ground' so to speak. And I have no idea what I'd have thought of them if I had no experiences with anything at all. Maybe it would have been fine, or maybe not I just have no way of knowing. Having taken classical psychedelics 40-45 times or so in total myself, I can say that being at a major event like this while tripping is probably not the sort of thing that will lead to a good experience. As for MDMA, I cannot really speak to that, as I have not taken it. I would be open to doing it nowadays honestly, but I've never done it. But yeah, honestly if you're not experiences with psychedelics, definitely DO NOT take them at an event like this for the first time. Even as someone who has taken them a decent bit before, I honestly don't think I'd be into tripping at this sort of festival as I would prefer to trip with close friends or by myself in my bedroom personally. The latter of which I'm going to likely be doing in the near future.... to be honest this seems to have become my preference as I've gotten older for some reason.

Last edited:
Lol ? @Twilight222 good point, that should be lingo learned a long time ago.

In all seriousness though, if you are used to drugs as you say, and are used to raves in the psychedelic aspect no problem. I think the main concerns of everyone is these festivals can be geared to make you “trip balls” which can be a shock to some people. Bouncing techno and a visual show is either heaven or hell.

I would suggest just mdma as it is not a true Hallucinogenic, it’s an empathogen. Peace and love to all you see, without your brain turning it’s subconscious inside out. Be safe!!

I think the safest thing to do is to assume they are not a troll. To trip balls means to go real deep into the rabbit hole, to be very high on psychedelics.

Which country are you from? I'm guessing not the US, which might explain why you're unfamiliar with "tripping balls".

Lol ? @Twilight222 good point, that should be lingo learned a long time ago.

In all seriousness though, if you are used to drugs as you say, and are used to raves in the psychedelic aspect no problem. I think the main concerns of everyone is these festivals can be geared to make you “trip balls” which can be a shock to some people. Bouncing techno and a visual show is either heaven or hell.

I would suggest just mdma as it is not a true Hallucinogenic, it’s an empathogen. Peace and love to all you see, without your brain turning it’s subconscious inside out. Be safe!!

Excellent point Stublue... MDMA is a way “safer” route to an excellent time. I have a rough time on the “come up” so I prefer to wait until I’m -even -to head out....but everyone is different. Safety first - and let is know how it turns out for you.

Agreed @Twilight222 The original synthesising genius of MDMA would be offended we are even entertaining it as “hallucinogenic” its an empathy master like some Psychedelics, but so is my Oxy but I am not travelling to the ninth realm I’m just happy ????

If you don’t know what that means you should stay away from tripping. Especially at a festival. Assuming you aren’t a troll.
I think the safest thing to do is to assume they are not a troll. To trip balls means to go real deep into the rabbit hole, to be very high on psychedelics.

Which country are you from? I'm guessing not the US, which might explain why you're unfamiliar with "tripping balls".
You assumed well, I am Greek

For a Psy festival, and considering you are not inexperienced, I would say that moderate doses of long acting psychedelics might be a good choice... Think DOB, DOM, DOI, just a moderate dose but generally speaking (we can't know how much will be on your blotter although some have the dosage and substance name printed on one side to avoid misrepresentation as LSD) 1 blotter will be ok, with maybe some small amount of MDMA added in if you really feel like it would be worth it, but like no more than 100-130 mgs at once, and then wait at least 90 minutes before redosing but don't even take 100mgs for a redose, and no further redoses after that.
But honestly I suggest just doing DOM and no MDMA, maybe 4-5 mgs and you could take another 2 or 3 mgs after 3 hours if you want a more intense and visual trip. It will most likely suit better the Psy event.

For a Psy festival, and considering you are not inexperienced, I would say that moderate doses of long acting psychedelics might be a good choice... Think DOB, DOM, DOI, just a moderate dose but generally speaking (we can't know how much will be on your blotter although some have the dosage and substance name printed on one side to avoid misrepresentation as LSD) 1 blotter will be ok, with maybe some small amount of MDMA added in if you really feel like it would be worth it, but like no more than 100-130 mgs at once, and then wait at least 90 minutes before redosing but don't even take 100mgs for a redose, and no further redoses after that.
But honestly I suggest just doing DOM and no MDMA, maybe 4-5 mgs and you could take another 2 or 3 mgs after 3 hours if you want a more intense and visual trip. It will most likely suit better the Psy event.
Thank you Phobos for your reply. Considering I have no experience in psy drugs, will I have the nerve to dance for several hours without MDMA or coke? how does DOM feel like? Thanx!

If you don’t know what that means you should stay away from tripping. Especially at a festival. Assuming you aren’t a troll.
Thank youTwilight222. I am from a different country than yours so you assumed i am an idiot or that I don't deserve to have my first psy trance festival. Really nice attitude, thank you! although I speak your language but you certainly don't speak mine, so σαλτα γαμησου μαλακω

You surely will have energy to dance while on DOM, if you will want to or not that I cannot say, although it will be more likely on low and moderate doses, with heavier doses being more unpredictable as to what you will do.
DOM is pretty visual, and there is a pleasant body high, and mentally it doesn't get too confusing until you take a strong dose.
Senses will be enhanced, should not give you nausea, drinking alcohol is absolutely discouraged, avoid cannabis as well unless you are a daily smoker, in which case just smoke a bit less.
Takes 90-120 minutes to really feel a dose of DOM, and 3 hours to get the full peak.