Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. The Endorphin Factory

Starting to see results of strength training!

Last edited:
Swam in a torrential rain with a lady friend for nearly two hours. Nodding out at my compooter sober. Far better than running stairs, alone.

Last edited:
Swam in colder pool (closed/tidal) and upping my game mostly because I'm a badass but partly because it was that or sit around and eat cheesecake. ;)

Last edited:
^^What about you, Erikmen? Swimming? Sleeping? Out-of-town walking a lot?
Okay I'm considering a lifestyle and high protein diet change to put on a few pounds of muscle.

Last edited:
Swam earlier to try to catch some warmer water. Did not succeed- it was still cold. And there were people (ugh), one who was extra annoying. This is why I swim at night. It threw me off my routine completely. Grrrr! Yes the water IS cold. No I don't want to talk about how cold or how often I swim... back to night swims.

Last edited:
Went and signed up at the gym again after letting membership lapse in December. Now have a backup heated pool (and SPA<3) and a place to workout. Been hitting my heavy bag again after it nearly destroyed my patio cover. Garage is better suited and has a stereo. Moved several thousand pounds of stuff back into store room, but with help.

Last edited:
Legs feeling much better and i'm certainly on the mend..

im ripped up quite nice for my age and no gym membership injured to boot.

Late swim under the stars and loose clouds. Gorgeous but freezing water from rain. I usually get warm after a few laps, but I just couldn't. Oh well I went fast the whole time.
Ugh, yes I need to do a gym membership and just go. Variety is the order of the day.

Last edited:
Tonight started cloudless and star-filled and then these wisps blew over the constellations. So lots of backstroke. How am I going to work out inside? We'll see. Oh and water was warmer and I am so grateful!

Last edited:
Played B-Ball with buddy till midnight and got lit up by a cop with his patrol light but he didn't hassle us, just did a drive by. Bruised my friends ribs and got a nice knee abrasion, Good Times. Going to give the free weights a go tomorrow or today actually and hold off on lower body stuff for a day. Almost wish I had something better than ibuprofen right about now.

Last edited:
^^What about you, Erikmen? Swimming? Sleeping? Out-of-town walking a lot?
Okay I'm considering a lifestyle and high protein diet change to put on a few pounds of muscle.

I'm alternating, swimming when I have time or wake up early or walking later after work.
Speaking of lifestyle changes I was doing this diet based on natural food, no gluten, integral meals.
It's good for my health but it's pretty repetitive.

^^ Good! It's great that you are combining different things. I know I have to mix it up with exercise but swimming is really great for me.
I want to do a major diet change to superfoods, but it's a lot of work and too much money right now.

Got a productive hour of upper body machines & free weights in at the gym. Was stoked to hit their spa. Got out after 5 mins because my sinuses were on fire. Looked in the mirror and my eyes looked as if I had smoked a few ounces. Need to have a talk with the pool guy.

Last edited:
Had I long walk this morning. It was a good time to think, get my priorities in place. That's what I like about swimming alone or doing some early walks in the morning. Besides it makes me more positive during the day.

I'm alternating, swimming when I have time or wake up early or walking later after work.
Speaking of lifestyle changes I was doing this diet based on natural food, no gluten, integral meals.
It's good for my health but it's pretty repetitive.
^^ Erikmen, I admire you for being able to exercise in the morning. Not happening here. Did you see any major health changes with repetitive, healthy diet?
Ok. I got back to swimming and I was all psyched to make up time. :) Best of intentions. I almost punked out in a sad half-hour but then I gutted it out for a full workout.

Last edited:
Cduggles, it's also a bit difficult to wake up for me, ironically not on weekends though.

The diet with integral food resulted in great blood exams like cholesterol, carbohydrates levels, liver enzymes etc, but like you mentioned earlier it does become costly on a long term, besides Im always full. I thing I might have have gained a couple of pounds.

Are you managing to exercise regularly? Sometimes, I feel as if I'm lacking motivation. :\

^^ Define regularly! :) If I get into a pattern, I keep it. Disruption and restarting are really hard for me. But I'm right now trying for at least 5 days a week to fight PAWS and get back to fighting shape!! :)

5x a week! That's really great! :)

Hopefully you'll beat the PAWS.
Keep up with the good work!!