Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. The Endorphin Factory

^It sure is. When I can make it during morning hours it feels great afterwards.

Hit my numbers easily in the gym yesterday and today (despite three hours of sleep going into today). My coach told me to gain 3lbs of bodyweight in January and I have already done that by the 8th. Gotta scale back just a bit on the calories.

I have gone swimming today before going to work. I was so lazy during the first 10 minutes but at the end I realized it was really worth it! :)

^ Awesome! I did my crunches/reverse crunches, push-ups and ran on the treadmill. It helps when people say "You look so skinny!" I'm getting back to my high school weight.

Please fellow exercisers! Help! I'm so good once I get into a pattern of exercise and horrible once I'm off it.
I ended up injured and then taking care of a difficult family member who disrupted my life a lot.
I know exercise would help me but I just feel so tired. Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
That's pretty common I have often missed exercising due to work activities and re-start is tough sometimes. You just have to remember something quite good that you remember/liked about it and think of it as motivation. I remember how warm the water is and how nice people are when we all share by the pool afterwards. But that's not enough. Sometimes I have to force myself to go there even if it's only to pay. That's where I am right now.

I cling to the gym like a flotation device in the choppy waters of addiction. I don't know if I would have it in me to recover without it. I just have an aggressive mind that needs to live hard (i also need tender moments, but can't have just one), and the gym does seem to satisfy that. I know it sounds really cheesy to say stuff like this, how lifting weights saved your life and such, but it's how things have played out for me.

Yes for me too it is very important, but certain days are more difficult than others. :\

PAWS is killing me without swimming! I can't go to the gym just yet, but I'm cool with swimming. Maybe today, definitely tomorrow (not just addict talk! - a pet kitty I'm taking of will be back with her owner).

I've been missing some days of swimming. I know I need to go and it's important but I'm so tired lately.

^^Erikmen, this from the guy who swims inside? Is the pool heated too? :)
Here's a BL joke: You know who swims? SWIM right now. :(
So as someone who has swum in cold saltwater (yes it's different) in the rain... umm hmm I'm getting hungry. We'll finish this later. Okay?

Alright my legs killing me again. This time around I will also due the physical therapy after the acupuncture.. silly me thought i was cured with no personal effort.

Proud of myself for getting my ass up and working out. I was afraid to push it because the past few days I've been binging on certain things so I didn't want to go too hard on the treadmill and shock my system. I still did really well. Glad about that. Feels good to sweat out those toxins.

I've been taking long walks in the cold up and down hills in the countryside. It's beautiful and purifying. Jostles all of my thoughts out of my ears until I can focus on breathing and the exertion, which feels good.

I love waking and discovering new paths, especially when I'm travelling. But lately I've been having a back pain or some sort of discomfort. I'm going to swim to see if it gets better. Hopefully it doesn't have anything to do with me walking.

Today is the day I swim again and return overweight but healthy cat. Sigh. We can't be all things to all creatures.