Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

@cduggles , Thanks for the encouragement, I have a rowing machine in my basement, and it will not help me till I get on it ! You are in a Warm weather place?
All is well
ice
🙂 I’m jealous of your rowing machine. Soooo jealous.
And yes, I’m fortunate to have gorgeous warm weather.

@FallenOne86
I would lift each muscle group once a week. Legs biceps forearm abs, chest shoulders triceps abs, back abs. Heavy weight and low rep builds bulk fast and is time efficient. Mixing that approach up with a few lower weight higher rep is good I think. Pyramid with high reps going into heavy weights and low reps and then ending in high reps what I do.

Last edited:
🙂 I’m jealous of your rowing machine. Soooo jealous.
And yes, I’m fortunate to have gorgeous warm weather.
I remember that you are in One of my Most Favorite, set of Islands in the World!! I spent a month there after my Cancer treatments, for my 50th Birthday!! I learned how to surf, and found out why it took me till 50 to learn ( I live at the beach) It did Not float my boat, Who ever named it surfing has a very funny sense of humor , Shit should be called " Paddling: Lol Lol Ha

😆 True. I’m more of a swimmer, and I love swimming in open water. 🏊‍♀️
Me too, be careful out there. My son and I ( both strong swimmer ocean life guards) in Hanalei and loving the water 84, unlimited visibility, magical. The life guard said have fun, but Do Not swim past the palm tree on the point!!! We where on the last beach before the Napali Cliffs,so you know we said "what the fuck" lets swim out there and see?! Well we where caught in the Huge current that was passing this little spit of an island on its way to Japan !!!!!! We where getting swept to the Cliffs, so we swam as hard as we could With the current and then turned towards the beach!! when we got to the beach the Lifeguard was there with a big smile and she said "How was it??" She had been watching us and waiting to call the jet ski if we went past the beach into the cliff!!! Never went past the tree again, but would swim out there and look at the rip that represented the change in water currents :unsure:

@FallenOne86
I would lift each muscle group once a week. Legs biceps forearm abs, chest shoulders triceps abs, back abs. Heavy weight and low rep builds bulk fast and is time efficient. Mixing that approach up with a few lower weight higher rep is good I think. Pyramid with high reps going into heavy weights and low reps and then ending in high reps what I do.
Thank you!

Full workout: stairs, running, legs, 100 crunches and light weights.
I hate COVID.

Massage (Swedish) tomorrow. Vaccination will be at full strength next week so lifting is getting reloaded.

Lifting tomorrow first day back after covid upheaval.. should be interesting.. def hitting the the creatinine for a few weeks.

Alright.. loading back up the lifting.. Tues is legs abs biceps sat is chest back triceps and abs. My work is both physical and mental so that should do me perfect.. no more cheese popcorn.. well maybe just sat afternoon.. shits so good but it’s like 800 empty calories a bag. Ok Go. Massage Whensday. Back in the spa and steam room Monday Friday.

Alright.. loading back up the lifting.. Tues is legs abs biceps sat is chest back triceps and abs. My work is both physical and mental so that should do me perfect.. no more cheese popcorn.. well maybe just sat afternoon.. shits so good but it’s like 800 empty calories a bag. Ok Go. Massage Whensday. Back in the spa and steam room Monday Friday.
Sounds good man.

I've been smashing it almost every day at the gym with my partner. And I've started training for a half marathon which is at the end of June. Today is just a 6km run in my lunch break.

Last year during covid lockdown I gained 40kg/90lb. People often don't believe me, but yep...that's how much I gained (I'm 5'10", went from 75kg to 115kg). And it wasn't from eating food either, I hardly ate any food all year.
It was from drinking over 4 litres (1 gallon) of cask white wine every single day, and not working, and not exercising at all. I absolutely PACKED on the weight.

So far this year I've lost 25kg (back down to 90kg). I would LOVE to get back down to 75 or even 72kg but I am gaining a lot of muscle so I'm not too bothered about my actual weight. I feel amazing, inside and out, and my mental health is the best it's been in a very very long time :)

😆 True. I’m more of a swimmer, and I love swimming in open water. 🏊‍♀️
Yeah I love open water too. I trained for about 5 years straight 5 days a week in a pool. Got very good and when did an open water race in the ocean. Did a lot of free diving and ocean swimming but have had 18 months off working in the gym treating nasty shoulder bursitis and tendon impingement. I love the the gym now but definitely miss the salt water.

n3o - that's an epic story. So good you're off the grog. Keep it up 🙂

Does anyone have an issue of pushing yourself too hard when exercising resulting in injury?

It seems to be a recurring theme in my life. I've torn my left groin twice by running too hard >_< after a few miles it's too easy to run through the pain.

Runner's high is addictive