L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Ever dated another Bluelighter?

SluttyPeach

Bluelighter
This seems random but I'm genuinely curious.. Has anyone met their object of affection on here? If you think it is a bad idea, explain why.

I think it could be good but then again many of us on here have substance abuse problems. Could that be a recipe for disaster?

Many people meet a potential love interest on the Internet, but this seems an unusual place to do so. Or on the other hand, maybe not..

Well i honestly see no reason to discredit feel gs you have for someone regardless of where you have met

But in all seriousness, what I'm talking about is a person you met on here. Not knowing them irl

I think it's an idea I can get behind provided they live close. I did the whole online romance thing; total waste of time. They rarely work out where you actually end up being together long term; I'm willing to bet that most don't even make it to meeting eachother

I've never and probably wouldn't start an online relationship, but i have had a friend I initially met online and later became real life friends which then later became relationships. Starting a relationship with another bluelighter, especially if they were an addict with the same drug of choice would be a total disaster for both of us I have no doubt. Horribly bad idea.

Not every bluelighters is a drug addict. In fact I try and avoid meeting the ones who are because in real life their problems are amplified and trying to organise a meet up is like trying herd cats. People show up late, or have no money to do anything fun or get so shitfaced they are refused entry or pass out in public and suddenly you have to look out for a complete stranger from the Internet

Having said that there was a golden time around ten years ago on bluelight when it was just an ecstasy based forum. This was a time before a bunch of junkies arrived and thought that using any type of drug meant we should all be best friends. Believe it or not there was no need for a Darkside forum let alone three different forums for addiction. Meet ups were plentiful and dozens of bluelighters would organise picnics, ski trips, tripping adventures around different cities of the world or catch up at a large rave and party for days.

Drugs were supplied, tested and consumed. Harm reduction tips were shared and anyone who pulled out heroin was pretty much shunned and never invited again.

There were always a few blips. A couple of people fell out over girls, some got ripped off in drug deals and at least one major meet up got raided by the cops in Florida and even mention of this meet up was censored for 5-6 years.

Amongst all this crazy headonistic mix of raves, parties, drugs and globe trotting I met my beautiful wife who I still consider my soul mate.

Nope, and the odds of meeting someone here within 20 miles of where I live is virtually zero. I did online dating (well, more like met someone online) about 5 years ago, and it went about as horribly south as is possible; fucked me up for a long time. Besides, it seems like every woman who I piques my curiosity is in AUS: I could walk ANY direction from my home and be closer to them than I am now. conclusion: I need to move to Australia lol

While its true that not every Bluelighter is an addict there are MANY who are, especially in the forums I normally frequent (OD, DC, etc)

So none of you have ever done it? Hmm. I tend to do things against my better judgement but if all else fails it will be a story to tell.. Ha!

I'm a risk taker by nature, I guess you could say I have one wild hair up my ass! As long as they are in the US it doesn't matter to me, I'm a drifter anyway and can't stay in the same place for too long.

It's also worth mentioning that I do not look down on addicts. None of us are any better than the rest! Humble yourself or life will do it for you ;)

I wish there was a cute female from bluelight who lived in New York. Around the age 22-26

oh well :(

I wish there was a cute female from bluelight who lived in New York. Around the age 22-26

oh well :(

There are no fellow bluelighters in my area that I know of, I'm currently located in Southwest Virginia so I need to change my location. It's not like I came here for the purpose of meeting a potential lover.. But you never know!

My screen name would not be too appealing to a decent guy anyway unless he has a sense of humor similar to mine, lol.

There are no fellow bluelighters in my area that I know of, I'm currently located in Southwest Virginia so I need to change my location. It's not like I came here for the purpose of meeting a potential lover.. But you never know!

My screen name would not be too appealing to a decent guy anyway unless he has a sense of humor similar to mine, lol.

dont be bashful now you southern belle you what's the screename darlin

dont be bashful now you southern belle you what's the screename darlin

Bahaha!

It really has no meaning.. It's just a random silly phrase that popped in my head while trying to think of a screen name. It sounds dirty and gross which is amusing to me. By the way I'm not bashful at all, quite the opposite.

Maybe I should've named myself Blanche Devereaux instead! Golden Girls fans will get it ;)

Twice, arguably thrice, I'm still single, make of that what you will. Not to mention my ex's ex is still a (fairly notable) bluelighter. Yeah, it's a tightknight community. No, I'm not telling you who. Dating therein can feel a little incestuous and yet totally natural, because if this site is as big a part of our lives as it is for a lot of us, where else would you really find your significant other?

Obiter: I was involved with this chick who was not totally de-involved with her fucked up abusive boyfriend. Both of them were bluelighters. I was into her as I could possibly be, but it wasn't happening, I decided to back off because I'm not into playing second fiddle to anyone. (If you think you know who it is, you are probably wrong.) So I go on a dating site, you know, rebounding and all that shit, I answer a bunch of questions to supposedly determine my best match. Who should wind up as my first 99+% match? The aforementioned chick. I sent her a message saying little more than "LOL" and left with a lot of faith in their algorithm. So yeah, Bluelight is either a great dating site or a horrible one, I dunno which to choose. It's certainly good for facilitating introductions within a particular community.

Bahaha!

It really has no meaning.. It's just a random silly phrase that popped in my head while trying to think of a screen name. It sounds dirty and gross which is amusing to me. By the way I'm not bashful at all, quite the opposite.

Maybe I should've named myself Blanche Devereaux instead! Golden Girls fans will get it ;)

do u curremtly reside with Stella ???

Twice, arguably thrice, I'm still single, make of that what you will. Not to mention my ex's ex is still a (fairly notable) bluelighter. Yeah, it's a tightknight community. No, I'm not telling you who. Dating therein can feel a little incestuous and yet totally natural, because if this site is as big a part of our lives as it is for a lot of us, where else would you really find your significant other?

Obiter: I was involved with this chick who was not totally de-involved with her fucked up abusive boyfriend. Both of them were bluelighters. I was into her as I could possibly be, but it wasn't happening, I decided to back off because I'm not into playing second fiddle to anyone. (If you think you know who it is, you are probably wrong.) So I go on a dating site, you know, rebounding and all that shit, I answer a bunch of questions to supposedly determine my best match. Who should wind up as my first 99+% match? The aforementioned chick. I sent her a message saying little more than "LOL" and left with a lot of faith in their algorithm. So yeah, Bluelight is either a great dating site or a horrible one, I dunno which to choose. It's certainly good for facilitating introductions within a particular community.

I see your point, however as you said any "dating" site could fuck up with matches more or less the same as bluelight. There seem to be cliques here as with any other place but I socialize with whoever will return the favor. Much like high school.. Been on here for a few years and it never changes.

I also believe in fate, etc. Everything happens for a reason but we also control our own fate to a point.. We are given choices.