• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Epeleptic seizure/ delussion's

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
Simply said I had an grandmal seizure. The signs were apperent the day before. And the serie of events the day after. That is my conclusion.

At a certain moment a psychiater was brought in. He prescribed some things and called the state I was in a delussion. I have been searching, hard, but couldn't find anything link between delussion's and seizure's.
The psychiatrist opinion was I was having delussion's. My thought's were isn't a person afterward's aware of what happened. Like in a psychosis. That I would at least remember some.

Strangely enough the visit of the psychiatrist I have no knowledge of, I was gone atm Although not out obvious. Just without memory.

As I have no recolllection of the moment's I went bezerk. Seem's like these episodes were triggered somehow. But can they be called delussion's, the non concious parts of an seizure? From the info I gathered, what I was raving about was related to recent afair's. They needed 4 guy's to keep me on the bed.

Other moment's, like in the ambulance , during the CT-scan and when I got oral meds. I can remember. I was cooperative and very calm. Weird.

So why would he call it a delussion?
what was making you go berserk, IF you don't mind me asking. It's alright don't answer if you really don't want to or feel like it.

I was just wondering the root cause and if it can be prevented. Or possibly is it congenital !!

I’m not sure why they would have called it a delusion. It is quite common though that people with seizures have “episodes” prior to a big seizure. I worked with a guy who would get very angry, short tempered and could have easily become violent in his pre seizure episode. He wouldn’t remember it after.

what was making you go berserk, IF you don't mind me asking. It's alright don't answer if you really don't want to or feel like it.

I was just wondering the root cause and if it can be prevented. Or possibly is it congenital !!
That is just it I was having an Epelptic insult, a tonic/ cloni granmal type. I have no memory or recollection of what happened during that fase. Just some info of my mom who was there.

In normal live I have a quite non beserk being, although if I get stressed out quite easy turnes to dark in a whimp.

well. . . they sound delusional for diagnosing you for that.
Not you !!

could be a triage diagnosis before the presenting problem documenting. that was an awful seizure it sure sounds like ! <3

I’m not sure why they would have called it a delusion. It is quite common though that people with seizures have “episodes” prior to a big seizure. I worked with a guy who would get very angry, short tempered and could have easily become violent in his pre seizure episode. He wouldn’t remember it after.
My mother noticed this which made her decide to come earlier as planned.

According to her I was acting weird. From that point on I lost concious being on and of. A few times during the 'off' I did thing's I can't imagine myself doing, Shocking. Luckily I had a top knotch paramedic next me in the ambulance. Respect, she laid a iv drain, the pipe size. No stress no pain.

What folowed was like a fever dream.

could be a triage diagnosis before the presenting problem documenting. that was an awful seizure it sure sounds like ! <3
As you mention it what if my mother wouldn't have been there. Would I stilll be here?

She heard the creepy scream caused by the muscle contraction. And a loud boem after that.

Last edited:
As you mention it what if my mother wouldn't have been there. Would I stilll be here?

She heard the creepy scream caused by the muscle contraction. And a loud boem after that.
That gives me a bit of a chill. Many times, prior to a seizure, I feel disassociated and have very shoddy memories as well. My brother knows I am having a seizure, generally, after being alerted by my kind of "guttural scream" as he puts it, followed by a crash.

Do you remember anything being off about your vision shortly beforehand? I have visual auras before most of my seizures in which my entire visual field yellows and seems to randomly flicker. I didn't really notice the visual aspect the first time it happened because its subtle, but after that first time, I noticed an aura prior to my seizures more often than not, and if your experience was anything like mine, you'll get a weird "visual Deja Vu" which is your new cue to head for a bed or couch, or at least lay down if you're unfortunate enough to have a seizure outdoors.

My diagnosis is occipital lobe focal seizures with secondary generalization. Basically the electrical abnormality originates in my occipital lobe and spreads out from there.

Best wishes, I (think) know how much of a bitch what you're going through is, and how unsettling it can be at first. Hopefully it's a one off for you, but if not, it can be very likely be managed.

PM me if you want further details about my diagnosis, diagnostics performed, more in depth explanation of what I experience (that's not the full details of an episode or aura, just the basics), etc.

Wow, @emkee. What a traumatic experience that you had to go through.
I hope that you can get better as soon as possible and stay that way.
Will you be alright ?
K. Goodnight and be alright

My mother noticed this which made her decide to come earlier as planned.

According to her I was acting weird. From that point on I lost concious being on and of. A few times during the 'off' I did thing's I can't imagine myself doing, Shocking. Luckily I had a top knotch paramedic next me in the ambulance. Respect, she laid a iv drain, the pipe size. No stress no pain.

What folowed was like a fever dream.
Sounds scary dude I’m glad your mother was there!

As to dr saying delusions, I dunno. Like I said, people can act weird before seizures and it’s something I’ve come across quite often. Others have auras like @Anonymous Dissident , I used to say their behaviour was their aura. It alerted us to their having a fit anyway and we always got them somewhere safe.

Hopefully a one off for you but if not it can be well managed.

Do you remember anything being off about your vision shortly beforehand? I have visual auras before most of my seizures in which my entire visual field yellows and seems to randomly flicker. I didn't really notice the visual aspect the first time it happened because its subtle, but after that first time, I noticed an aura prior to my seizures more often than not, and if your experience was anything like mine, you'll get a weird "visual Deja Vu" which is your new cue to head for a bed or couch, or at least lay down if you're unfortunate enough to have a seizure outdoors.

My diagnosis is occipital lobe focal seizures with secondary generalization. Basically the electrical abnormality originates in my occipital lobe and spreads out from there.

Best wishes, I (think) know how much of a bitch what you're going through is, and how unsettling it can be at first. Hopefully it's a one off for you, but if not, it can be very likely be managed.

PM me if you want further details about my diagnosis, diagnostics performed, more in depth explanation of what I experience (that's not the full details of an episode or aura, just the basics), etc.
All the signs where there. My behaviour the day before.

The yellow/ orange light flickering, when I went down the stairs the day it happened. Like I was on Mars.

I'll keep an eye on the signs and try to lay down in a safe sideway position.

My mom found me crashed in a corner foaming from the mouth, luckily she once had a boyfriend with epilepsy.

Wow, @emkee. What a traumatic experience that you had to go through.
I hope that you can get better as soon as possible and stay that way.
Will you be alright ?
K. Goodnight and be alright
No clue way to much trouble in my live atm. Alcohol/ sleeping & eating well, not seeing my kids 6 months. I doing my best

Sounds scary dude I’m glad your mother was there!

As to dr saying delusions, I dunno. Like I said, people can act weird before seizures and it’s something I’ve come across quite often. Others have auras like @Anonymous Dissident , I used to say their behaviour was their aura. It alerted us to their having a fit anyway and we always got them somewhere safe.

Hopefully a one off for you but if not it can be well managed.
The psychiatrist called the state I was in during the Grandmal/ Tonic Clonic. Of which I have no recollectie a delussion.

I thinh he did a misjudgement or just worded it weird.

All the signs where there. My behaviour the day before.

The yellow/ orange light flickering, when I went down the stairs the day it happened. Like I was on Mars.

I'll keep an eye on the signs and try to lay down in a safe sideway position.

My mom found me crashed in a corner foaming from the mouth, luckily she once had a boyfriend with epilepsy.
On the bright side, if you have something similar to what I have, levetiracetam does a great job of controlling your seizures with little to no side effects. Definitely something to look into.

On the bright side, if you have something similar to what I have, levetiracetam does a great job of controlling your seizures with little to no side effects. Definitely something to look into.
Hopefully this is a one thing experience.

Depending on dr's for medication is something I have my doubts about. A dr. giving medication actually scares me. Going through the whole thing while you know at least as much as him. The whole medicin circus begin's. Rather be it a once in a life time experience.

That gives me a bit of a chill. Many times, prior to a seizure, I feel disassociated and have very shoddy memories as well. My brother knows I am having a seizure, generally, after being alerted by my kind of "guttural scream" as he puts it, followed by a crash.

Thanks for the explaination as it is exactly what I went through. Keep my eyes open , but lets hope its a one time deal.

Wasn't my mom been over, who knows, I am very glad she was.

Last edited: