• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Epeleptic seizure/ delussion's

I was just wondering the root cause and if it can be prevented. Or possibly is it congenital !!
Could have been the booze that particular day before 1/2 liter 35%. No food, no fluids and no sleep.

Coupled with the horrible situation I am in for some time atm. Causing load's of stress. That most prob attributed.

Would Lamotrigine and or Benzo's prevent this?

On the bright side, if you have something similar to what I have, levetiracetam does a great job of controlling your seizures with little to no side effects. Definitely something to look into.
Feels a bit weird still, but after continuing bad behaviour and poor sleeping hygeine. A 2nd seizure happpened. Shorter and came back to reality without chem's.

Now I am on Levetiracetam, and have an Midazolam nose spray. To be used might I have a third one. To bad I got it for emergency only, not as prevention. The not sleeping part is imo a big contributing factor.

going through a MRI in a few weeks.

Feels a bit weird still, but after continuing bad behaviour and poor sleeping hygeine. A 2nd seizure happpened. Shorter and came back to reality without chem's.

Now I am on Levetiracetam, and have an Midazolam nose spray. To be used might I have a third one. To bad I got it for emergency only, not as prevention. The not sleeping part is imo a big contributing factor.

going through a MRI in a few weeks.
Sorry you're going through this, I know how disturbing it is to be watching TV one minute, then come to in an ambulance after they hit me with ativan. Hopefully the levetiracetam will make a big difference for you like it does me, and the midazolam nasal spray will help keep you from seizing again. My levetiracetam/alprazolam combo has me nearly seizure free. I still get an aura every so often, but maybe 1 in 10 progress into an actual seizure now.

I'll be very interested in if you have a non-cancerous lesion on your occipital lobe like me, my neurologist calls me a singular case, she's never seen anyone, in 35 years of practice, with my particular "syndrome".

I've wondered if I'm paying the price for eating absurd amounts of research chemicals in combinations and at doses noone has heard of before. Adult onset epilepsy is hereditary in my family, but noone else has the lesion...

Dont be surprised if it happens a few more times before you find your ideal medication regimen. Once I had the first one, I had several over a few months before getting my meds right.

What kind of side effects are you getting from levetiracetam? I was very mildly disconnected feeling for a day or two, then I just stopped noticing it at all, other than the lack of seizures.

Edit: do you have any pets? My dogs and my parrot both seem to notice something is up with me before I perceive that something is off. If I'm around my parrot, he starts saying my name and banging a cow bell on his house; if I'm with my dogs, they both try to sit on or right next to me and whine. None of my pets is trained to be a seizure detection animal, but they all seem to have an instinctive sense of it. If you have pets, pay very close attention to their mannerisms and behavior for anything abnormal, especially if you're feeling even slightly like something is amiss or after you come to.

Last edited:
Sorry you're going through this, I know how disturbing it is to be watching TV one minute, then come to in an ambulance after they hit me with ativan. Hopefully the levetiracetam will make a big difference for you like it does me, and the midazolam nasal spray will help keep you from seizing again. My levetiracetam/alprazolam combo has me nearly seizure free. I still get an aura every so often, but maybe 1 in 10 progress into an actual seizure now.

I'll be very interested in if you have a non-cancerous lesion on your occipital lobe like me, my neurologist calls me a singular case, she's never seen anyone, in 35 years of practice, with my particular "syndrome".
The exception that confirms the rule.
My MRI is planned next week. The Levetiracetam is doing my sleep problem's no good. I get to sleep but it stays very shallow. I wake up from my own voice as I am doing monologue's, boring monologue's. Outloud? And as a result losing a lot of rest.

I've wondered if I'm paying the price for eating absurd amounts of research chemicals in combinations and at doses noone has heard of before. Adult onset epilepsy is hereditary in my family, but noone else has the lesion...

Dont be surprised if it happens a few more times before you find your ideal medication regimen. Once I had the first one, I had several over a few months before getting my meds right.

What kind of side effects are you getting from levetiracetam? I was very mildly disconnected feeling for a day or two, then I just stopped noticing it at all, other than the lack of seizures.

Edit: do you have any pets? My dogs and my parrot both seem to notice something is up with me before I perceive that something is off. If I'm around my parrot, he starts saying my name and banging a cow bell on his house; if I'm with my dogs, they both try to sit on or right next to me and whine. None of my pets is trained to be a seizure detection animal, but they all seem to have an instinctive sense of it. If you have pets, pay very close attention to their mannerisms and behavior for anything abnormal, especially if you're feeling even slightly like something is amiss or after you come to.
A cat that is asleep most of the day ;) My mom knew something was of when I phoned her making her decide to leave earlier then we had agreed upon.

Besides the horrible after effect's it had on my body. Been dealing with them for over 4 weeks now.

-The side effect's started with a loss of sense of where you are in the world. Up/ down and sides would change. This resulted in banging my head and body several times.
-Weird taste in my mouth.
-Loss of sense of normal time lapse. Week's seem like month's.
-Memory loss.

And they gave me no option for oral Benzodiazepinen. To waurd of an possible insult myself. The nose spray is for a 3rd party to administer in case of emergency. Coupled with a snipplet of info they gave me last night. "That an insult that is allready going strong cannot be stopped in the hospital". A oral dose of Lorazepam seem's like a good way for me to have on hand to tilt one in it's track's. Before it takes hold and suck's me in.

In the hospital the seizing had allready stopped. I was in a delussion, unaware and uncooperrative and was restraint with a lot of force and love. But my shoulder's are still damaged, but healing. Be it very slowly.

The exception that confirms the rule.
My MRI is planned next week. The Levetiracetam is doing my sleep problem's no good. I get to sleep but it stays very shallow. I wake up from my own voice as I am doing monologue's, boring monologue's. Outloud? And as a result losing a lot of rest.

A cat that is asleep most of the day ;) My mom knew something was of when I phoned her making her decide to leave earlier then we had agreed upon.

Besides the horrible after effect's it had on my body. Been dealing with them for over 4 weeks now.

-The side effect's started with a loss of sense of where you are in the world. Up/ down and sides would change. This resulted in banging my head and body several times.
-Weird taste in my mouth.
-Loss of sense of normal time lapse. Week's seem like month's.
-Memory loss.

And they gave me no option for oral Benzodiazepinen. To waurd of an possible insult myself. The nose spray is for a 3rd party to administer in case of emergency. Coupled with a snipplet of info they gave me last night. "That an insult that is allready going strong cannot be stopped in the hospital". A oral dose of Lorazepam seem's like a good way for me to have on hand to tilt one in it's track's. Before it takes hold and suck's me in.

In the hospital the seizing had allready stopped. I was in a delussion, unaware and uncooperrative and was restraint with a lot of force and love. But my shoulder's are still damaged, but healing. Be it very slowly.
Damn man, I'm really sorry you're having such a rough time. It will get better once you can find a medicine or combination of meds that will help! Some people need a while to find anticonvulsants that work well for them. I only ever felt the slightest effects from levetiracetam, and only at the very beginning. I ended up on 1000mg/2x daily p.o. Did you get put on a much higher dose? If not, stick with and you should adapt pretty fast. My neurologist said levetiracetam is about the most benign anticonvulsant out there besides CBD, but I dont trust CBD to be my sole med. I find CBD to be more perceptible in effects than levetiracetam, so it obviously agrees with my body chemistry.

Did you get the visual cues that the second seizure was coming?

... My neurologist said levetiracetam is about the most benign anticonvulsant out there besides CBD, but I dont trust CBD to be my sole med. I find CBD to be more perceptible in effects than levetiracetam, so it obviously agrees with my body chemistry.

Did you get the visual cues that the second seizure was coming?
The warning's were there.

The Light flickering, the hue's yellow and orange off, not like they should be. But as it was the 2nd insult in my live the sign's were easy to whimple off. My Mom noticed through the phone like your animal's.

What seem's to be the case, my case. When I got in the hospital, 1st seizure they dosed me herouisly with Lorazepam (and Haldol)*(see below). That not only sutituted the booze I was addicted too. But as I 'd been toying with the class by myself.
After the whoppin'dosages I received in the hospital after my 1st insult, at least double the dose I needed I am guessing. This somehow put the WD balance towards Benzo moreso then Booze WD's. So what I am experiencing is a mix between side effects and some of the features of Benzo withdrawal's, the non fatal ones.

Thanks for the effort Anonymous Dissident, so I will keep taking the Levertiracetam religiously. And sit it out. Then evaluate onwards how to precede. Not touching/ looking or drinking a drop, and treating the Benzodiazepinen with a little more respect. At least it makes some sense now. The Neurologist began blaiming dextro-Amphetamin discontinuation syndrom for what I experienced. A far fetch imo my tox screen was negativ for Amphetamin/ Benzodiazepinen/ Ethanol. Only positiv was Cannabis. This can have more then one explaination, but rules out Amphetamin dependence, imo.

You never got the annoying aftertaste from Levertiracetam. Sort of metally that it reminded me about Zopiclon?

Beneath what I received in a day in the hospital/ equivalent to 119 mg Diazepam. Holy shit. In a country where a prescription for a benzo is a no go area. Wow.
*. Lorazepam 2.5mg 4x a day
Diazepam 10mg [anal]
Midazolam 9mg [IV]
Lorazepam 4mg
Haloperidol 2.5mg [IM] and 5mg [Oral]

Last edited:
So today is my MRI, Magenetic resonance scan. No clue what they are gonna look for. But its not for a stroke.

Maybe they find out I have barely no brain tissue left. All them drugs. As the hospital released me sedated as a m*f*. As soon as that cleared up after a few days. the cravings and reasons for my self sedating regime came back full force.

Called a doc , got a psych, nurse and was blandly said to endure the discomfort. As in eating the sour apple, he must not have realized the size my apple is.

So I ordered Benzodiazepinen, grey market, and been doing fine since. After my 6 weeks of sleepless nights. 3 from pain 3 from the side effect of Levertiracetam. Lets hope I aint got a tumor. And the addiction control will make a bit of effort to speed up the proces , calling them today myself.

But they should have called me a week and a 1/2 ago.

Well at least its obvious that I am wasted. Maybe not beyond repair. But the lifetime changes are harder then expected.

The circumstances not really helpful either. But when live is on the line and mental functioning at steak. Lets conclude its more then challencing to break the vicious circle.

Instead of lessening I feel need for more.

In other words I have not changed my lifestyle or go abouts.

Its just the Levertiracetam that's added, after my second insult/ seizure. But I am still wasted and searching, but for what?

For the most high be it JAH. A drug induced state . Shouldn't there be a natural slide to a more healthty lifestyle, 'like you had a seizure take it easy from now on'. No drugs and good sleeping hygeine.

I don't know if i am capable of such a lifestyle under the conditions I am currently in. But atm moment NO.

Sounds scary dude I’m glad your mother was there!
Well it is scary, in my top 3.

Now that I had an third episode, no tonic-clonic or any of the bodily harm i felt type of seizure.

But a unknown blackout of 1 fully gone day, including weir whatapps, 2-nd 2/3-rd memory less and a week to recover. During this i did complex activity. Forgot about real life as I had an appointment. And even fell asleep on public transport. I must have been sober according to the blowtest i did.

I assume I overdid it on the Benzo's after my 300 mcg 1p-LSD trip. Does read like a typical benzo blackout I feel. Although none was missing or eaten up. But it is possible.

So tomorrow thanks to this i am gettin EEG-ed again. Besides possible differences with the one made just as my first attack stopped. Which looked fine, my white matter is abundend.

So yesterday I had 150 mcg AL-LAD. And it felt like 40 years of 40 therapies in one night. My last one was a few weeks back 300 mcg 1p trip which was also quite good. And listening to Matisyahu an Sadhguru helps to, besides the point.

Now would or could this appear on a EEG. I am sure as hell not letting into what I put in my body. I know lysergic's stimulate neuroplasticety. Are there any guesses if and how it could or would show up on their pic. Like improvements. Just curious.