Enough. Reform the lounge already

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't quote those code items to be analogous of the lounge, rather to address simon's point about suspending rules altogether. i was simply showing that moderation on the part of both staff and users go hand in hand (the same way rule #2 and rule #4 go hand in hand).

i feel that i am responsible for my own enjoyment of the lounge just as i am responsible for my own enjoyment of the slopes.

alasdair

*Be the change*

Hi Alasdairm,

As I cant physically force you into posting more in the lounge, I can try to bribe or threaten you, whichever will actually work better.

I cant make it more enjoyable for ME on my own you know, it does take people I think are cool to join in.

So....I'll see you there, right?? Ali? Dude?:X:D

For those complaining about the Lounge:

YOU JUST WON!!!!

It's dead in there and no one is trying to rape black babies or whatever you say happens in there.

YOU JUST WON!!!!

It's dead in there and no one is trying to rape black babies or whatever you say happens in there.

I know! Man it's damn quiet and dead in there! LOL

I say y'all do some unbanning. I swear.... I'm actually WORKING. How can you do this to me?'

LOL :)

Edit to add- Is everyone scared to just be themselves? I mean, honestly, there are very few even smartass remarks in there lately.

^^Is that a bad thing? Is there no more substance to the forum than that? Perhaps this will open the place up for 'better' content not to get drowned out.....

Still, we're at the mercy of the participating members, and if they've all gone back to work.....shoot, I might have to as well.

YOU JUST WON!!!!

Primary objective achieved. Mission accomplished.

the lounge has always been a place where one could actively encrouage high quality content. sure, not everyone is as clever as you, but don't be disheartened. if you don't put the funnies and good stuff in, who will?

what are you waiting for?

see this is the bigger problem: the great majority of members who go to the lounge expecting "it" to provide the luls and entertainment. had some initiative been shown to encourage the type of stuff you'd like to see had been shown there would not have been any problem with being inundated with stuff you do not like.

with the amount of demand in there plus a lack of contribution, a vacuum results sucking in whatever is around.

with all the time and effort put into complain about all that is wrong or not nice, it would be far more constructively used by actually adding good content.

I doubt you could blame it on this thread. Really....do lounge members really give a damn what other people think, doubt it.

the lounge has always been a place where one could actively encrouage high quality content. sure, not everyone is as clever as you, but don't be disheartened. if you don't put the funnies and good stuff in, who will?

what are you waiting for?

see this is the bigger problem: the great majority of members who go to the lounge expecting "it" to provide the luls and entertainment. had some initiative been shown to encourage the type of stuff you'd like to see had been shown there would not have been any problem with being inundated with stuff you do not like.

with the amount of demand in there plus a lack of contribution, a vacuum results sucking in whatever is around.

with all the time and effort put into complain about all that is wrong or not nice, it would be far more constructively used by actually adding good content.

i <3 you

My theory on the lounge being dead today is that it is the first of the month. Many people on salary or on the dole got their checks today and are buying necessities then distributing the rest to widows and orphans.

My theory on the lounge being dead today is that it is the first of the month. Many people on salary or on the dole got their checks today and are buying necessities then distributing the rest to widows and orphans.

One of many reasons.

I'm gonna have to say to TM that was a great post Ive never seen bl brokendown so well. That sums it up, I think anyone who feels the way fjones does should read this, it would be impossible for them to be so self centered afterwards.

I'm self centered because I have passion for the site and want to see it grow and have it be the best that it can? So because there are people who don't agree with me I should just drop my opinion and my thoughts? I'm just as entitled as those who are in favor or leaving everything the way that it is.

^lol irony^

I'm self centered because I have passion for the site and want to see it grow and have it be the best that it can? So because there are people who don't agree with me I should just drop my opinion and my thoughts? I'm just as entitled as those who are in favor or leaving everything the way that it is.

Indeed you are entitled to air any concerns, but as are those with opposing views. :)

now let's all cuddle n shit :D

As it's hard to understand tone on the net, I first want to say I hope you didn't take self-centered as negative. I meant that I completely agree with TM that BL has a diverse community and that each individual dictates his/her own experiance. I come here to learn from people and to help others that I can with my experiances. I'm sure as a moderator you see where im comming from :). There are people though that come here to act out as they can't in real life, but there are outlets for them to act this way away from the harm reduction info( that can't be a good mix). If it's not hurting anybody I don't see a problem with it, I just don't spend a lot of time in the lounge. We all can have our opinions without pushing them on others or the site. I'm with you on some of the things you've said in this thread, but I also agree with others saying we can just look the other way.

^lol irony^

Indeed you are entitled to air any concerns, but as are those with opposing views. :)

now let's all cuddle n shit :D

*cuddle puddle* <3

I'm not trying to stop anyone from expressing their point of view. I think both sides need to be open and actually hear both sides of the argument. Tis all. :)

I completely agree with you, this thread is essentially people onthe same side fighting with eachother in the end :).

We're definitely not all on the same side. There are those that want the Lounge to change and then there are those that don't. Those are quite separate groups of people.

Unless of course you were being facetious in your statement. :)

I haven't been here as long as most so I probably just don't have the proper perspective, like an outsider looking in so I'm sure your reasons for feeling the way you do have validity. I was being sarcastic to a point but essentially this is one issue that effects BL I just don't see it as that divisive, I guess others do.

Status
Not open for further replies.