• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

EGA 2011 Outdoor Conference Gathering Submissions Now Open

Doesn't really answer my question, but thanks

That's all the info that has been posted on Bluelight about it not happening anymore.

I have mentioned it a few times around places but as a general consensus no one seems to know about it being the last one. It's a shame but those who go are in for a really special time as usual.

Thoroughly looking forward to it :D

Maybe Ronny can shed some light on the matter when he stops by

My understanding of it is that they just need a year off to rest and recuperate, given it is a lot of volunteer hours to get these events sorted. Maybe we can convince the EGA organisers to make it an event that happens every 2 years, instead of letting it go altogether, because it is special/unique and I know I'd hate to see it disappear altogether.

@madmick it will be great to catch up in person!

EGA General Admission tickets end today

With less than 50 tickets left for the event there is simply no time to delay if you wish to attend this very special and unique event. EGA General Admission tickets end today the November 8th or until sold out. EGA is a pre-sale event only. EGA also supports student and pensioner concessions, so head to our ticketing page for full details.

http://www.entheo.net/tickets

Hahaha, been a lot of talk about this in the team and around the camp fire, i can only suggest show your support and we will do our best to keep thing rolling in some form.

I know the team is 100% not doing a conference next year.

As a 100% volunteer project that at complete sell out will still be down $15,000 it a hard gig to swallow every second year.

The indoor event is sustainable and I would think it would reappear in 2013, but the outdoor yes this may be the last, but only time will tell and if the team is still standing. There sadly is no quick fix to the problems that would not see the ticket price shoot up loads and this is not something we feel we wish to happen.

There have been some future EGA 2.0 plains layer out that look even more amazing, but we will see.

Just follow the calling and be there for this one:)

If anyone needs a lift i will be heading up by myself fri arvo and come back mon arvo but there is catch.

You will need to either drive to my place or you can use public transport as I live just out of melbourne.

Anyway pm if you want more details :)

I'm driving from Adelaide. Almost certain I'll get lost :p

In retrospect I should've organised this better.

Gotta make sure we have some kind of meet-up. Maybe if everyone just comes to my presentation at 7pm Saturday evening... after it's done, come say hello :)

As a 100% volunteer project that at complete sell out will still be down $15,000 it a hard gig to swallow every second year.

Wow, I see the problem! I don't blame you for needing to stop something that is running at such a loss. If only there was another way of funding it. I'm no business-person and I'm sure you have all thought it through. And I can completely see why increasing the ticket price doesn't solve the problem...

In the academic conference world, most attendees are paid for by their employer. The registration for a 3 day conference ends up large, eg. $800. I reckon most of these conferences don't make much of a profit. However they do have funders. Eg. the one I just attended had some government funding and pharmaceutical company sponsorship. Without such funders, it would be impossible for these conferences to break even... and I imagine it would be tricky to find such sponsors for EGA.

So looking forward to being there! Incredibly grateful for your commitment, Ronny.

We are ecstatic to announce that the EGA 2011 Outdoor Psychedelic Symposium is now SOLD OUT! %):eek:8(

Thanks so much for supporting the conference! ;)

EGA is a unique, volunteer based not-for-profit organizaton that aims to promote awareness of the subject of psychoactive plants and chemicals. It is important on many levels to see the conference reach capacity, demonstrating that the therapeutic benefits of psychedelics can be openly acknowledged and discussed, and more so, that a growing number are coming to realize this. Support for EGA continues to thrive! Thanks!

See the full EGA Program now
http://www.entheo.net/files/webfiles/ega11_program_v7.pdf

Blessings and see many of you next week :)

looking forward to tomorrow and the catch up on sat :) first BL catch up i would have attended since early 2000's :)

Too true. Meet-up :)

Might even see if I can identify you all by asking BLers to put their hands up at the end of my talk.... should I?

Looking forward to it!

Yeah do it. Will come say hi on sat nite.

Been blessed with good weather.

Looking foward to it. :)