• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Eating ground up pods

Sk1500

Bluelighter
I'm in bit of pickle. Had 45g poppy pod tea, using 4 grapefruits rather than water.

Got my son staying tonight, so gotta be subtle. I'm usually taking 30g powder in tea.

If I was to eat some instead mixed with say yoghurt or apple sauce. How many grams would be safe? I'm used to the pods and blend whole 1kg (2lb) bag for relatively equal consistency.

What would be good amount to use? A tenth? So 3 grams.

Any help would be massively appreciated

I'm in bit of pickle. Had 45g poppy pod tea, using 4 grapefruits rather than water.

Got my son staying tonight, so gotta be subtle. I'm usually taking 30g powder in tea.

If I was to eat some instead mixed with say yoghurt or apple sauce. How many grams would be safe? I'm used to the pods and blend whole 1kg (2lb) bag for relatively equal consistency.

What would be good amount to use? A tenth? So 3 grams.

Any help would be massively appreciated

Sorry mate, we're not being evasive but there is absolutely no way we can answer these questions.

There are just too many variables involved...

Would not recommend eating, too many noxious alkaloids that are somewhat water insoluble and thus don't wind up in tea.

Get a cheap stove top espresso maker and make it that way, your son would have no idea

Yes, you might need less buts it hard to say. If you do it grind it as finely as possible.

Especially the delayed onset makes it more dangerous gauging how much you need
I was sleep walking last night, so I do get that it's hard to advise!!!!

Eating ground pods is safe and works and needs less than tea though yh?

Would not recommend eating, too many noxious alkaloids that are somewhat water insoluble and thus don't wind up in tea.

Get a cheap stove top espresso maker and make it that way, your son would have no idea

Yes, you might need less buts it hard to say. If you do it grind it as finely as possible.
I've got few lbs already ground ready

I can't make tea with son around!!!! Need something in next few hours, eating obviously seems only reasonable option

This is a stove top espresso maker, dirt cheap. Just add the grounds and water. Looks like your make coffee. I used to tell people i was making "yerba mate".

But yes you can eat the grounds. I think this is done sometimes in the middle east or india etc. The dosing is unclear however compared to tea, at least to me.

I have eaten grounds many times as well as fresh pods , works longer and you need less but as for dosage advice...

I have eaten grounds many times as well as fresh pods , works longer and you need less but as for dosage advice...
Cheers matey, I've gone for 4g very strong pod tazzie dust, mixed in with some cherry yoghurt.

Problem is I don't know if done much or not..... already had 45g (dusted powder of pod tea). 5 grapefruit, some used instead of lemon and water. Plus 300mg cyclizine, 50mg diazepam etc.

Run outta oramorph few days early and in the mix...might have another 3gram yoghurt really dunno?

Must have about 6-8kg of pods left needing, .most needing grinding, 3x 2kg bags needing deseeding.

Must be pretty mashed, even auto correct going wrong now

This is a stove top espresso maker, dirt cheap. Just add the grounds and water. Looks like your make coffee. I used to tell people i was making "yerba mate".

But yes you can eat the grounds. I think this is done sometimes in the middle east or india etc. The dosing is unclear however compared to tea, at least to me.
Ok I'll get 1 cheers, what is the difference between this and normal saucepan method. Explained for mashed dummy lol 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Even though I've got a good chunk of pods, anything that'll help save on time, reduce amounts required etc is appreciated.

Easy to get and not expensive but if I can improve it and use less, I'm up for.

I am pretty smashed now, but need to work out what's doing it, sorta controlled experiment!!!!

Plus got medication review tomorrow so think he'll cut my oramorph back which will impact my finances, so don't want to even be thinking only got x amount of months left. The PPT is miles better the oramorph tho

Pretty sure eating ground pods would not be weaker, in fact it would likely be stronger since there is bound to be some percentage of alkaloids that don't end up extracted in the tea. Finely ground, your stomach will extract every bit from that plant material. At best case, it will be exactly as strong, not weaker.

Ughhh I can't answer specifically like the others did above.. but must you get really high haha?

If its to combat and avoid crippling withdrawals that makes sense. I don't really understand the importance of it otherwise :ROFLMAO: Not sure if I totally understand the topic but can you take a bit to dodge any sickness more or less, and then just get really really high (but safely) after the child leaves? Being high on opiates around a child is not shameful per say, but I'm sure disasters did occur in the past quite a lot from overdosed parents and then the worse things that could happen. I don't see that happening from the pods. However, calculating just the right high with no milligram count is all over. You'll get blasted or disappointedly buzzed.

I've been in similar instances I suppose where people are around me when I have acquired a wealthy amount of stimulants. I wanted the people to go away so I could get a good stimmy run happening (which would look strange around the people who I have to be sober around). There will always be a ton of drugs... not always the people.

Last edited:
Ughhh I can't answer specifically like the others did above.. but must you get really high haha?

If its to combat and avoid crippling withdrawals that makes sense. I don't really understand the importance of it otherwise :ROFLMAO: Not sure if I totally understand the topic but can you take a bit to dodge any sickness more or less, and then just get really really high (but safely) after the child leaves? Being high on opiates around a child is not shameful per say, but I'm sure disasters did occur in the past quite a lot from overdosed parents and then the worse things that could happen. I don't see that happening from the pods. However, calculating just the right high with no milligram count is all over. You'll get blasted or disappointedly buzzed.

I've been in similar instances I suppose where people are around me when I have acquired a wealthy amount of stimulants. I wanted the people to go away so I could get a good stimmy run happening (which would look strange around the people who I have to be sober around). There will always be a ton of drugs... not always the people.
Hmm I'm not desperate to get blasted whilst he is here and I actually wouldn't even if it was optional.

You had 1 of my favourite ever lines I've seen though, honestly thought it was hilarious.

"Being high on opiates around a child is not shameful per say". 😅😅😅😅😅

I'm trying to work out why my tolerance has altered so significantly, as I was deliberately trying to make sure I wasn't hammered when I saw him. I was also trying to work out if eating small amounts works and if it does why it isn't more popular.

I think being hammered on anything around a child is a lot worse than shameful. I personally would never have it so that I couldn't properly interact with him, take him (for example) to hospital instantly or ring emergency services straight away.

My post was to actually work out my change in tolerance, look at other techniques and find out if I can have it in easily hideable minute amounts.

I never want to get blitzed and I don't. That's why I measure everything out carefully, keep a diary of what and when I have anything.

The 1st month taking was very predictable in terms of the whats and when's.

If I have come across that I'm trying to get hammered then I must've not explained clearly.

Last edited:
Hmm I'm not desperate to get blasted whilst he is here and I actually wouldn't even if it was optional.

You had 1 of my favourite ever lines I've seen though, honestly thought it was hilarious.

"Being high on opiates around a child is not shameful per say". 😅😅😅😅😅

I'm trying to work out why my tolerance has altered so significantly, as I was deliberately trying to make sure I wasn't hammered when I saw him. I was also trying to work out if eating small amounts works and if it does why it isn't more popular.

I think being hammered on anything around a child is a lot worse than shameful. I personally would never have it so that I couldn't properly interact with him, take him (for example) to hospital instantly or ring emergency services straight away.

My post was to actually work out my change in tolerance, look at other techniques and find out if I can have it in easily hideable minute amounts.

Its a grey area and normally yeah... I suppose being on crack around a child would be pretty frowned upon lol. We never know what's out there though. Not to get hung up on a tiny subject, but as long as you can care for him and love him I think it would be okay. Nodding out and scratching yourself like fleas are all over you would be hard to play parent at the time lol.

There are heroin addicts who have held high lvl jobs in the US court system and been heavy heavy users who also have raised children haha. Go figure.... not like we can all be them ;) That supreme court judge who was like.... "aww you finally got me!!!"

Not good.. they'd consider everything the judge was present on somewhat null and void (even tho a high lvl addict functioning with that caliber would not have made any decisions that he wouldn't have sober). Normal non drug addicts..... sigh.

Make a black tea with it chuck the ground pods into boiling water add tea bags and loads of sugar boil the fuck out of it then strain the pods through a cloth get all the goodness out. This the way Punjabis do it the sugar increases the buzz. Drink sweet milky tea afterward and watch the buzz increase

Its a grey area and normally yeah... I suppose being on crack around a child would be pretty frowned upon lol. We never know what's out there though. Not to get hung up on a tiny subject, but as long as you can care for him and love him I think it would be okay. Nodding out and scratching yourself like fleas are all over you would be hard to play parent at the time lol.

There are heroin addicts who have held high lvl jobs in the US court system and been heavy heavy users who also have raised children haha. Go figure.... not like we can all be them ;) That supreme court judge who was like.... "aww you finally got me!!!"

Not good.. they'd consider everything the judge was present on somewhat null and void (even tho a high lvl addict functioning with that caliber would not have made any decisions that he wouldn't have sober). Normal non drug addicts..... sigh.
It's a tricky situation, I'm not someone who ever really wants to be our of control around anyone, especially a child or even a pet!!!!

Some ppl do it ingrained, I'm just trying to work out my levels. I was actually trying to make sure I'm comfortable around him without getting ratty, or potentially affecting his sleep when his got school the next day or that I'm capable of playing football with him for potentially 3 or 4 hours, have him so that I can properly interact with him.

The difficulty I was having was a dramatic change in what was the correct levels.

I understand how it could be possible that parents end up totally absorbed on drugs and people that shouldn't be looking after or having children but I'd have the same view about certain people who are teetotal.

I've done my best not to let any personal issues affect my son. I've broken up with his mum. The day of the funeral (suicide)for my best friend and the only person in my very small family that I counted as family, was a day I see my son, very often with my dad there aswell, I still had him as I didn't want his routine to affected and he stayed with Grandad,