• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Ear infection

See a doctor just in case. Sometimes you never know if it's serious or not. I'd get the ear looked at, and even an audiogram done, just in case.

Did this happen overnight?

See a doctor just in case. Sometimes you never know if it's serious or not. I'd get the ear looked at, and even an audiogram done, just in case.

Did this happen overnight?

Yeah it just came on. I have already contacted Specsavers for a hearing test and have an appointment with the doctors on Monday anyway (unrelated but will bring up the ear).

Really hoping it isn't anything more serious. I'm not sure if it was perhaps brought on by sniffing too often. Really has put me off doing drugs of any description at all. Was craving a smoke tonight but fuck that with this infection going on, wouldn't want it to get worse and doubt i would enjoy it with the thought of an infection looming over me.

Yeah it just came on. I have already contacted Specsavers for a hearing test and have an appointment with the doctors on Monday anyway (unrelated but will bring up the ear).

Really hoping it isn't anything more serious. I'm not sure if it was perhaps brought on by sniffing too often. Really has put me off doing drugs of any description at all. Was craving a smoke tonight but fuck that with this infection going on, wouldn't want it to get worse and doubt i would enjoy it with the thought of an infection looming over me.

When you say it came on, was there any nerve-type "warm feeling" pain? Did it come on over hours or was it more rapid than that? Either way I'd get to a hospital as ear problems that involve the inner ear nerve or inner ear itself can end up becoming permanent if not treated quickly. I wouldn't wait for a diagnosis unless it is obvious that there is an infection, ie. pus, severe earache, etc.

You not been out working in the cold have you and ended up getting one lug battered by the wind?

You not been out working in the cold have you and ended up getting one lug battered by the wind?

Nah. Couple walks with the dog per day in the cold but that's it. Have applied to study some courses so i can get a decent job though - another reason i want this gone asap.

Can hear again today so far, it's not clogged back over. Been careful what i eat etc though to try help it on it's way. Quite disconcerting having an infection in your head 😬 never had one before.

How do you know it was definitely an infection? I've had similar symptoms from getting water stuck in there after pool or shower.

Either way, glad you're on mend. See what doc says but hopefully it's just a one of occurrence.

How do you know it was definitely an infection? I've had similar symptoms from getting water stuck in there after pool or shower.

Either way, glad you're on mend. See what doc says but hopefully it's just a one of occurrence.

Because i had no energy with it. Needed to rest more. Slight headaches and blocked up sinuses, not my nose but like cheeks and forehead, for a day or two.

Still feel shattered now so just resting taken some time off doing weights. Making sure i'm eating plenty. Will see what docs are saying when i'm there anyway.

Anyone have any quick ways to get rid of this?

I have a doctors appointment Monday morning anyway. But can't hear anything out my left ear since the day before yesterday. Quite annoying when people are talking to you.

Been drinking loads of hot water, lemon/lime and honey. Green tea too. And soup.

Anything else i can do to clear it before i see my doctor for antibiotocs?

Basically, no. Do you have painkillers?
If it's really bothering you I'd go to like a walk-in clinic so you can seen today.
I had an incredibly painful one a couple years ago. Like doubling up on codeine and naproxen did NOTHING. Got a same-day app. with a doctor and she told me "Oh, well, we don't really prescribe antibiotics for ear infections because they go away by themselves in 2-3 weeks". FUCK THAT. Luckily, I had antibiotics left over from some previous infection. I took the first dose and within 40 minutes there was a very loud pop (not my eardrum) and so much blood and puss came out my ear and the relief was immediate.
Insist on antibiotics if they don't wanna give you them!

One good thing about being diabetic now is that an infection can kill me* so I get hella antibiotics immediately.

*I know that sounds melodramatic, but last month I had a dental abscess and was so ill I couldn't get out of bed. Could only keep down water and felt sooo ill. Assumed it was just the infection. My mum finally made me go to hospital when I started vomiting violently. When I got there I was admitted as an emergency because turned out that the infection had caused a life-threatening diabetic ketoacidosis.

If you've had an ear infection before, it's a very specific and memorable type of pain. Like, very distinct.
Also, usually with an infection you feel generally unwell, too. Like, malaise.

Basically, no. Do you have painkillers?
If it's really bothering you I'd go to like a walk-in clinic so you can seen today.
I had an incredibly painful one a couple years ago. Like doubling up on codeine and naproxen did NOTHING. Got a same-day app. with a doctor and she told me "Oh, well, we don't really prescribe antibiotics for ear infections because they go away by themselves in 2-3 weeks". FUCK THAT. Luckily, I had antibiotics left over from some previous infection. I took the first dose and within 40 minutes there was a very loud pop (not my eardrum) and so much blood and puss came out my ear and the relief was immediate.
Insist on antibiotics if they don't wanna give you them!

One good thing about being diabetic now is that an infection can kill me* so I get hella antibiotics immediately.

*I know that sounds melodramatic, but last month I had a dental abscess and was so ill I couldn't get out of bed. Could only keep down water and felt sooo ill. Assumed it was just the infection. My mum finally made me go to hospital when I started vomiting violently. When I got there I was admitted as an emergency because turned out that the infection had caused a life-threatening diabetic ketoacidosis.

Wow bro that sounds like you had a bad infection. I was lucky thankfully I have a doctors appointment already booked so should get seen. That said my doctor is quite useless so we will see.

I've been drinking loads of hot water, lemon/lime and honey. Drinking plenty orange juice and eating oranges for the vit C. Supplimenting with magnesium, iron, zinc, vitimin D, tumeric. Hoping between all that i will get rid of it. I do think maybe a course of anti biotics would be best.

c0b.gif

Think it is a bug @Mr. Krinkle you were right. I say this because I had a very sore stomach this morning. Then spitting green shit up even from my guts. Feel knackered and the need to rest alot. Presumably some sort of infection. Can hear out my ear about 50% of the time, 50% muffled. Hopefully it fucks off soon.

Anyone have any quick ways to get rid of this?

I have a doctors appointment Monday morning anyway. But can't hear anything out my left ear since the day before yesterday. Quite annoying when people are talking to you.

Been drinking loads of hot water, lemon/lime and honey. Green tea too. And soup.

Anything else i can do to clear it before i see my doctor for antibiotocs?
Bebird wax removal kit. Comes with a tiny camera on the end of the tool and you can see inside your ear and pull out wax super easy or see what else is going on

so @elgoucho9 what did the doc say?

I'm only just going there now. Got the days wrong. The doctor isn't usually that concerned tbh and they're running behind schedule apparently. So i'm not too hopeful for any real fix there but hopefully they'll take a look at it at least.

I bought a Neticup
On the recommendation of @BadBoy377 & @Tranced. Hopefully can flush out my sinuses with that. Seems like a handy thing to have regardless.

I'm only just going there now. Got the days wrong. The doctor isn't usually that concerned tbh and they're running behind schedule apparently. So i'm not too hopeful for any real fix there but hopefully they'll take a look at it at least.

I bought a Neticup
On the recommendation of @BadBoy377 & @Tranced. Hopefully can flush out my sinuses with that. Seems like a handy thing to have regardless.

Video please. I want to see you in a bath pulling 12 inches of phleghm out your respitory tract, like the youtube videos I saw but was too scared to do.