• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Ear infection

She said it's full of wax that was it. Offered me the olive oil. Strange though don't think wax would explain the headache or stuffed up sinuses symptoms would it?

I reckon truthfully I've had some sort of bug. Will do the Netipot and oil in the ear later and hopefully that clears it.
Listen to APF and your doctor mate - we were right, you were wrong. lmao

Not laughing really, I've noticed previously that you have some health-related anxiety going on and that can be really hard work.

In future, have a look at realising that your thoughts are just that, thoughts. We think all kinds of shite all the time, all of us. Let them go and then wait until you know the facts, then attend to matters. That will help save you from getting flooded (for no reason other than anxiety) with cortisol, adrenaline etc - both of which feel unpleasant and can lead to other health issues themselves. And also from the anxiety spoiling your present moment, which, given that's all we ever truly have, is most definitely not what we want

And yeah - you can definitely get headaches from blocked ears. Source - me. Decades of feeling that from blocked ears, which is why I was reasonably certain about your condition.

Listen to APF and your doctor mate - we were right, you were wrong. lmao

Not laughing really, I've noticed previously that you have some health-related anxiety going on and that can be really hard work.

In future, have a look at realising that your thoughts are just that, thoughts. We think all kinds of shite all the time, all of us. Let them go and then wait until you know the facts, then attend to matters. That will help save you from getting flooded (for no reason other than anxiety) with cortisol, adrenaline etc - both of which feel unpleasant and can lead to other health issues themselves. And also from the anxiety spoiling your present moment, which, given that's all we ever truly have, is most definitely not what we want

And yeah - you can definitely get headaches from blocked ears. Source - me. Decades of feeling that from blocked ears, which is why I was reasonably certain about your condition.

The reaction is because of the condescending tone of your post. It's not really helpful.

Yeah i have never had an ear infection before. So it probably isn't serious. And the doctor in this case most likely is right. But i wanted confirmation before i went putting olive oil in an ear drum that was previously perferated.

Also just because the doctor or yourself were right in this instance. That doesn't mean either is right 100% of the time.

I've had 2 years worth of appointments since i started getting chest pains, numb/cold hands and feet with the same doctor/surgery which hasn't been able to get to the bottom of it. I have also had this same problem the last 3 nights in a row this week. With no idea what's causing it.

So yeah maybe i have some anxiety about my health, that's because i haven't felt right since December 2021. I used to be big into weight lifting was able to bench 100kg, these days i'm 2 stone lighter and can only use 5kg dumbells without the pain in my chest coming on. With no idea what's causing it i imagine most people would experience anxiety under the same circumstances.

Hopefully you won't take this post the wrong way. No ill feeling is meant from it. Just being honest with how i see it.

She said it's full of wax that was it. Offered me the olive oil. Strange though don't think wax would explain the headache or stuffed up sinuses symptoms would it?

I reckon truthfully I've had some sort of bug. Will do the Netipot and oil in the ear later and hopefully that clears it.
Nah, from what you've said I think you've got two problems simultaneously. But they're easily fixed at least.

Ime ear headaches tend to be more round the ear, sinus headaches more over nose and in forehead accompanied by congestion.

I can see why APFs post seems a little condescending but I think he makes a good point (as do you with your reasons why). I think it's definitely worth considering what he says from an impartial view because I think there's some value there for you.

Just my opinion tho.

The ear can get really full of junk and honestly i believe this tendency is connected to energetic state, emotions and systemic health.

Every little muscle in our body needs spontaneous loving movements, and our bloodstream needs a healthy balance of hormones and stuff over time. It's so easy to be deprived of that in our brutal technophilic world that constantly threatens to possess our tender beautiful spirits.

Best of luck on your health journey. Maybe you can approach fitness in a more "mindful" way or something. Just an idea.