• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD What Are You Munching On? v. Godlike steaks & shitting candles.

which was?

fish looks delicious...

alasdair

1936505_10153536092848173_3492909025049280251_n.jpg

i'm not a huge chardonnay fan - how was it? a not inexpensive bottle of wine by the look of it - was it a special occasion or are you just loaded? :)

alasdair

i'm not a huge chardonnay fan - how was it? a not inexpensive bottle of wine by the look of it - was it a special occasion or are you just loaded? :)

alasdair
It was sublime. A very elegant wine, not one of the old school oaky and buttery beasts. It was quite refreshing and went well with the fish. It certainly wasn't cheap. It was about $90 Aus but i dont mind paying good money for good wine. I am a bit of a wine nerd and i have a bit of a collection going and i think its time to drink a bit more of the good stuff. I certainly aren't loaded. I'm a nurse so my pay is respectable but nothing to get excited about. I just spend money on the things i enjoy such as food, wine and travel and go without in other areas. I wish i could drink booze like this all the time but thats not going to happen this lifetime. I will however endeavor to drink more fine wine this year than i have been. No point leaving it all to just gather dust.

^ nice. i can get a great selection of australian (syrah!) and new zealand (sauvignon blanc!) wines here in california. are californian wines available/popular in australia? if so is it all napa and sonoma or are other regions represented?

alasdair

^ nice. i can get a great selection of australian (syrah!) and new zealand (sauvignon blanc!) wines here in california. are californian wines available/popular in australia? if so is it all napa and sonoma or are other regions represented?

alasdair
Californian wine is available at some fine wine shops and online retail sites but it is frightfully expensive for the good stuff. Most of it is Napa Valley gear. There is also some Oregon pinot noir available if you know where to look.
I really like the Napa Valley cabernet sauvignon's i have tried. One of the best cabernets i have ever had was a 1994 Cakebread Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon. It was amazing wine.

cakebread is pretty well known and regarded. i'm so luck to live where i live - i have so many great win producing regions so close by: napa; sonoma; mendocino; paso robles; lodi; amador; el dorado; placer; and lake. these countries all have excellent, very distinctive wines and some of those are little known outside california.

alasdair

I'd love to get over and have a look around myself. Never been to the states. California sounds like my kind of place.
Plenty of variety in Aussie wines too. I think for a long time in America the focus of Australian fine wine was in big bold super ripe Shiraz (syrah) from the Barossa Valley or McLaren Vale ad that was the style that Robert Parker Jr liked and he was by far the most influential wine critic in America. There is so much more too aussie wines than big reds. So many regions making different styles of wine from different grapes. I highly recommend our rieslings and semillons. Amazing white wines and quite cheap too for the quality they offer

Todays lunch. Stir fried prawns and veges with Vietnamese mint, coriander, lemongrass, chilli and garlic, a dash of fish sauce and dark soy...so quick and easy to make.

466471_10151080443243173_861620419_o.jpg

I made my amazing chicken noodle soup tonight. DAMN! That shiz is tasty!

Me too. I don't make it as often as I should. It's gone down rather well. Seriously tasty shit. Good stock, a pinch of caraway and some white pepper. Carrots etc... Just makes for a lovely soup.

Me too. I don't make it as often as I should. It's gone down rather well. Seriously tasty shit. Good stock, a pinch of caraway and some white pepper. Carrots etc... Just makes for a lovely soup.

Sounds amazing and I'm glad you got your chicken noodle fix %)

My lads took me out for dim sums yesterday at the See Woo, great pots of jasmine tea and a multitude of amazing things to fight over with chopsticks <3

As always consumer I want to share your meals!

No decisions have been made on tonight's dinner, neither of us are hungry (yet)...its day "no-eat" I reckon :\

So much for not eating yesterday (well the man didn't :( It's that Guinness diet of his...) but I ate a whole packet of white rabbits :eek:

It's the rice paper, I tell thee its addictive. Had to brush my teeth a dozen times....:\

568866317_806.jpg

IMG_0360_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Maxalfie would love em' :D

Bacon and egg sandwich time i think. Nothing like the smell of bacon and eggs in the morning.

I've only just realised that one of my selection boxes has peanut m&ms in it. Christmas was not as barren as I thought!