• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Heroin Discussion v. XXII -- Brucey Bonus Beetles all round!

I think Sid is right here. We're all different, and those with low self-worth or depression issues are clearly going to be more susceptible to addiction. I'm pretty experienced with H over many years and always managed to stave addiction.

I'm not saying it isn't a dangerous drug; just that not all of us will end up as desperate addicts like you suggest.

Just because you've never become addicted to H, Raasy, doesn't mean it wont ever get you unless you never try it again. If I remember correctly you were really sick on it last time. A few people go through that experience a few times. I feel that to say some will never get addicted because you've experiencce with it is an arragont attitude to have. And it's not just people with depression / low self worth whom are susceptible to addiction. I Would suggest you read up on the subject or talk to addicts as you seriously lack knowledge in this area (of addiction I mean).

Evey

Last edited:
I was on top of the world when I finally became addicted to heroin. I had a fantastic job (Charge Nurse) and was spending my life travelling across the UK and Europe in serach of the best dnace music clubs and events of the time. I used heroin casually as a comedown remedy for 2 years before a personal crises came out of nowhere and bit me on the ass. Within 12 months, following an episode of depression I was using heroin daily and needless to say I had stopped going out. I was a nurse, I knew the high risk of dependency that could result from even occasional use but as a qualified nurse and an intelligent, but ultimately arrogant, adult, I thought I was above all of that, that I knew better.

12 years down the line Im still paying for my short sightedness.

Not much comes close to that single moment you finally click that you've been using Opioids consistently for the last two months straight, spend a large proportion of each day wishing you had some 'cause "it'd pass this shift much faster and leave me with a smile", and feeling genuinely flu-like in brief bursts over the last month - that icy anchor chaining you to the flow of the tide that every other addict is subjected to.

The thing that gets me is how I rubbished some claims on the nature of addiction as overt hyperbole.
It's not a lie or a myth or sensationalism: it feels like I went to bed one night fine and woke up two years later with a psychological obsession, a placebo panacea and a crippling physical dependency.

I had no appreciation of just how quickly things shift from occasional recreation to brutal addiction under your nose without ever becoming apparent consciously.

While the mythical 1% may be able to use the most addictive euphoriants known to man without ever developing a life altering dependency, it's a pretty good idea to assume you are part of the 99% who will be fucked over thoroughly.

I had diamorphine when giving birth it was the most amazing feeling on earth I can totally understand how people can get addicted to that. I've never had street H so have no business being in here cept now n then when I read comments like Raasy made (Raasy I'm not trying to be mean to you you know this but I got addicted to the weakest opiate), I believe psychologically addicted after the first time I used reasons being it reminded me of the diamorphine n the relieve it gave me from a lot of stress

So as Stee illustrates his life was great n he still ended up addicted to H

This is a harm reduction site got to be careful with messages we give out. Saying "H isn't nevessarilu addictive because I was never addicted" could encourage someone to use this n fuck up their.

Opiates are like an abusive partner - they lure you in, give you the hooneoon period (the high) then fuck you up over n over n over n convince you that you'll get the honeyhoon period (the high) that you're prepared to be fucked up in order to keep trying to that back.

Raasy I'll glad you were sick when you used this I would NOT like to see you with an opiate addiction because I care about you <3

Evey

Not much comes close to that single moment you finally click that you've been using Opioids consistently for the last two months straight, spend a large proportion of each day wishing you had some 'cause "it'd pass this shift much faster and leave me with a smile", and feeling genuinely flu-like in brief bursts over the last month - that icy anchor chaining you to the flow of the tide that every other addict is subjected to.

The thing that gets me is how I rubbished some claims on the nature of addiction as overt hyperbole.
It's not a lie or a myth or sensationalism: it feels like I went to bed one night fine and woke up two years later with a psychological obsession, a placebo panacea and a crippling physical dependency.

I had no appreciation of just how quickly things shift from occasional recreation to brutal addiction under your nose without ever becoming apparent consciously.

While the mythical 1% may be able to use the most addictive euphoriants known to man without ever developing a life altering dependency, it's a pretty good idea to assume you are part of the 99% who will be fucked over thoroughly.

You n I must have posted at the same time though I'm on iPhone so mine took a bit longer. I like how you mentioned 'obsession' here becausr I've spent most of my life being obsesssed with things n when I become addicted to codeine the psychological part was so sumilar to my obsessions fof other things. The psychological part was 1000 times more difficult than the physical dependency.

If I be honest I never got on subbies for recivery I got on them to stop my family hassling me n because I was not ready to quit I did not want to quit. That's why I stayed on subbies for three years if I be honest I replaced my codeine addiction with subs n alcohol.

Message to anyone wanting to try opiates is this; when you see a river do you jump im the fast current knowing it'll pull you under n make you drown or do you show the river respect n go into it carefully at a shallow enf?

Shoiw opiates respect or they'll fuck you up: i got hooked on the weakest n at one point did want to try H n had thoughts of doing it (so went from 8 mg to 12 mg subs n things were bettet for a few months, had no
Desirebto even drink n lost lots of weight.

Evey

Sorry but I'm getting sick of listening to this now. Your 21 and trying to tell us all how the world works. You should put "IMO" at the end of what your saying because you are posting opinion and personal experience as fact.

Only 25% of people who use get addicted in terms of what you are discussing; physical dependence. You don't rob your gran because you "want" a bag now, do you?

I personally know 4-5 people who have used it a couple of times and left it. I've had 4 binges in my life and I doubt I will use it again either, it gets boring after a while being high for days at a time I find these days... age 25, who knows, maybe you'll be the same one day?

Here's a link, and it's 23% it is btw, who go on to become dependant on it
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/heroin

Horses for courses, everyone is different. Different genetics, characters, circumstances which definite what is alluring to us. We've also got different experiences of what happens to those around us.

Please just stop trying to ram your view down everyone's throat as fact when it's not.

I agree it's a good thing to make people aware of the dangers but your posts are now verging on fearmongering really. You can take that comment any way you like but when your spouting 99% chance of addiction your talking rubbish.

Sorry but I'm getting sick of listening to this now. Your 21 and trying to tell us all how the world works. You should put "IMO" at the end of what your saying because you are posting opinion and personal experience as fact.

Only 25% of people who use get addicted in terms of what you are discussing; physical dependence. You don't rob your gran because you "want" a bag now, do you?

I personally know 4-5 people who have used it a couple of times and left it. I've had 4 binges in my life and I doubt I will use it again either, it gets boring after a while being high for days at a time I find these days... age 25, who knows, maybe you'll be the same one day?

Here's a link, and it's 23% it is btw, who go on to become dependant on it
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/heroin

Horses for courses, everyone is different. Different genetics, characters, circumstances which definite what is alluring to us. We've also got different experiences of what happens to those around us.

Please just stop trying to ram your view down everyone's throat as fact when it's not.

I agree it's a good thing to make people aware of the dangers but your posts are now verging on fearmongering really. You can take that comment any way you like but when your spouting 99% chance of addiction your talking rubbish.

Suck it and see, Sid. Sprout isn't talking rubbish. He's been there, done that. Come back in 5 years time and see how your opinion has changed.

Whay's Sprout's age got to do with it? The bloke's suffered seven years of opiate addiction n is bartling it daily. He's extremely intelligent n is going through PAWS as well as a mental health illness n yet dedicates his time to ensuring harm reduction. Think your comment was harsh. Sprout has done winders for this forum as a moderator n in sharing his experience. It's clearly obvious how passionate he is in haem reduction. I enjoy his posts n hope he continues to shares his experience n views. If it saves one person from addiction thrn good on him.

Whay's thus reallu about, sid. What's going on for YOU here?

Evey

Suck it and see, Sid. Sprout isn't talking rubbish. He's been there, done that. Come back in 5 years time and see how your opinion has changed.

Most predictable thing happened, I thought to myself FUBAR will reply initially backing up sprout.

I'm aware it's dangerous, as with all hard drugs slippery slope and I'd say heroin is the most slippery for certain. That's not the issue here.

You are actually beginning to offend me suggesting constantly I personally am now on the same slope as you've been. Always remind those who are on the same path the dangers I can appreciate that but don't say "your fucked now your a junkie" just because you fucked up. It's not helpful or necessarily true now is it?

23% is not 99%, I am speaking fact not casting my personal experience as fact for all. That might sound harsh but it's the truth. I've tried it and I'm satisfied personally I won't bother again, drugs in general to be honest are loosing my interest. I'm aware it's open the doors of knowing what it's like in someone's mind to try it but it's highly patronising to say then on everyone will become addicted, when it's not the case for all.

Most predictable thing happened, I thought to myself FUBAR will reply initially backing up sprout.

I'm aware it's dangerous, as with all hard drugs slippery slope and I'd say heroin is the most slippery for certain. That's not the issue here.

You are actually beginning to offend me suggesting constantly I personally am now on the same slope as you've been. Always remind those who are on the same path the dangers I can appreciate that but don't say "your fucked now your a junkie" just because you fucked up. It's not helpful or necessarily true now is it?

23% is not 99%, I am speaking fact not casting my personal experience as fact for all. That might sound harsh but it's the truth. I've tried it and I'm satisfied personally I won't bother again, drugs in general to be honest are loosing my interest. I'm aware it's open the doors of knowing what it's like in someone's mind to try it but it's highly patronising to say then on everyone will become addicted, when it's not the case for all.

Sid, I really hope that you are in the minority of people that don't go on to suffer a long term addiction to opiates. Unfortunately, the minority that get away with it are usually those that don't like it, and those that don't have a consistent supply.

You are actually beginning to offend me suggesting constantly I personally am now on the same slope as you've been.

Used to offend me too mate when old timers told me that. Fuckin kill joys, I'll never get myself into a state.

I would have giggled a couple years later when i realised they were right, but i was too busy shivering n shitting myself to laugh.

Used to offend me too mate when old timers told me that. Fuckin kill joys, I'll never get myself into a state.

I would have giggled a couple years later when i realised they were right, but i was too busy shivering n shitting myself to laugh.

There speaks the voice of experience...

Sid, i was once like you. At the start of my addiction several years ago i was so in denial about my usage and the effect heroin was having on me. After years of usage i was exhausted, depressed and didnt want to live anymore. If i didnt quit a year ago, id not be writing this message. Im still dealing with PAWS but its much better than using that horse shit

If you stay on the road you're on, you're in for a life of pain and misery

^ Yes except I've already stated I've no will to use it again. To me cocaine is more alluring personally and I can't be bothered with that anymore either.

Long ago I compiled a list of drugs I wanted to try. Now they've all been done MDA, meth and heroin #4 were all a big thing to me. What's got on my nerves here is the amount some of you seem to think you know fate of others or that others are like you. I'd been using drugs for 13 years before I ever touched heroin. I did so twice in about two weeks then never did it for another year. This time I bought two batches of #3 and one batch of #4. Its a nice high but still doesn't make it into my top 3 drugs and doesn't seem wasting a life chasing after.

Maybe I'm lucky I have other things to be doing right now, some of which is new to me and has a bit of sparkle to it and some potential for the future.

I guess actions speak louder than words. I'll leave you guys to debate my fate :)

Sid. What is going happening for you here? Wht are you feeking angry towards these posta. Heroin is one of the mosr addictive drugs around. No ome is saying "Sid you will be addicted to Heroin." All people are doing is sharing their experiences with you as this is a harm reduction forum
N that os the done thing the done thing to donin a HR forum

I notice you appear to get angry quickly. Can I ask what's going on fot you?

Let's flip this a moment. What if FUBAR, sprout etc shared with you only the honeymoon experiences? What if you started taking Heroin more n more to keep experiencing the Honeymoon period n without realising became addicted to Heroin? As a HR resource would you not feel that Bluelight had faiked yiu

OT are you addressing this anger you seem to have because that can't be pleasantnfor you. I had anger in me for a long tong time n I used opiates to mask it.

People are arming you with knowledge because ignorance maybe bliss but knowledge is power. Don't fight it. Embrace it :)

No one is saying "you're on that slippy slope," they're explaining that it's a possibility n doing you the honoury duty, as members of a HR forum, in stating the the risks. I am confusec as to why you're offended? Why are you not thanking them for trying to help you?

Evey

Last edited:
I usually keep my mouth shut but not sure where your getting 25% from sid.
Ive seen people using for decades before getting bad. It nearly always gets you in the end. I'd estimate its easy higher than 90% of fucking up on it.
Your deluded if you think its a 1 in 4 chance.
I can nearly guarantee you that youll use again in the next few months without even knowing you as the odds are that high. Its just the way it goes...

Actual research data? If you back up your 90% be my guest. Well I've plenty money to be using right now if I wanted. I'm not busy either there is nothing stopping me, exept I don't want to use... All of those people you mention did, they bought more evidently.

Fair enough there's warning people, then there's assuming 90% of people are going to be weak over the matter like you've been yourself. Two things that put me off heroin largely are I don't like the taste/harshness or how I feel the day after (can't shit). Sorry but there are better drugs out there IMO. I had my fun, and I'm sorry I ever posted in this thread. In a way though it has served to put me off it even more, must be a really shite jig becoming the stereotypical know it all junkie.