European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Fishing thread

Cool man.

BSA make some nice pieces.
Fwiw it's well worth test shooting a pre-charged air gun. Just to make sure you like it.

They sound great in practice, but IRL they lack the 'oomph'/recoil, etc that makes owning a gun. Well, part of owning a gun.
I used to own one of these. RWS Excalibre .22 (7 shot)

NSFW:
00001-5.jpg

And despite being a nice piece of kit, it just didn't seem as accurate. Or as powerful as my ol' weirauch HW80.

The lack of recoil felt off putting/just wrong, so I ended up selling it.

Hope I'm not derailing the thread too much. I figure shooting is in keeping with fishing?

yes! I like the recoil of a springer, plus helps my biceps.

I have seen someone using a highpower infrared laser and a digital camcorder mounted on the scope rail as a night vision system, looks amazing.

Well to start off I love fishing. Used to go loads as a kid and stopped. Now in my mid 20's I've taken it up again. I find it a great way to save money on the weekends (once you've bought all your tackle).

I love sitting by a lake chilling, possibly with a J on the go. Would much rather be at a lake for the day on a saturday/sunday than be sat feeling sorry for myself whilst coming down or hungover being boxed up indoors.

I'm a carp fisherman myself but would love to hear from other bluelighters into angling of all sorts, e.g what are you fishing for, methods, baits etc.

Same mate. When i was 15 - 16 i was hardcore fisherman :D I will buy a fishermans ticket next week, and chill near the river :)

I wasn't old enough to use handguns alone when they got banned used to shoot my dads 44 &357 Magnums and .22 sa pistol luckily he sold em yr before ban ! Now I have 1 .22 rifle a12 bore 20 bore and 410 my dad has loads. So might as well use em ,he shoots a lot of deer I can kill em no prob can't gut em he has to gut n butcher fish I can gut n fillet etc but rabbits deer no ,geese pigeon ducks. No prob weird eh

i want a weiarauch hw77.

^^ You should get a HW80 MM.
They might be uber over-sized, but you can upgrade the spring for a high power theoben gas ram (25ft/lbs iirc) v easily.

It's been years since I was into air guns, but I remember that being probably the easiest way to make a decent powered rifle.

Also getting your lad on a HW80 will make a proper man of him. lol.

never been fishing, have no particular compulsion to either.. but having said that i never miss an episode of keith arthur's fishermans blues radio show each sat/sun @ 6am on talkSPORT. its associated in my brain with warmth & contentedness, no doubt due to the fact that id just be sat down with my coffee, smoke and proceed to shoot up in bliss to mr arthur's dulcet tones

he's an excellent broadcaster and thus, sells the subject. the fact he concurs with my opinion on global warming maniacs & anti smoking nazis is merely a cheerful bonus

never been fishing, have no particular compulsion to either.. but having said that i never miss an episode of keith arthur's fishermans blues radio show each sat/sun @ 6am on talkSPORT. its associated in my brain with warmth & contentedness, no doubt due to the fact that id just be sat down with my coffee, smoke and proceed to shoot up in bliss to mr arthur's dulcet tones

he's an excellent broadcaster and thus, sells the subject. the fact he concurs with my opinion on global warming maniacs & anti smoking nazis is merely a cheerful bonus

I was just thinking thinking, what a twerp BHM because of the anti mailmonkey thread.

But damn... this is one of the best posts I've ever read on bluelight. Possible thee best. And I've been on and off this board for 10 years.

What gives!?

Last edited:
shooting and fishing takes genuine skill, unlike 'sports' like 'going to the pub and getting pissed while watching people play football on telly'sports.

^ Stupidest picture I've ever seen in 10 years of BL (Well, really 4, I was away for 6). We're breaking records in this thread.

And I'm not a veggie either.

referring to 'bloodsports' makes it obvious you don't approve of either, no doubt you approve of the industrially farmed chicken mcnuggets you live on though.

^ sorry was a bit pissed and stroppy with the "blood sport" comment.

I'm more opposed to industrial fishing where thousands of fish get dragged along the ocean floor, and what hasn't been killed from it's stomach coming out of the mouth due to compression, gets a slow suffication to death. Fucking terrible.

Never eaten in KFC in my life, and not in macdonalds for nearly 10 years

Totally agree about industrial fishing methods raas. My problem with industrial fishing isn't about cruelty to the fish, but more about the complete lack of selectivity when targetting a species. And the destruction of the seabed environment.

I try to only eat fish that I catch myself. Even this is not perfect, and we can catch undersized fish whose swim bladders blow as they surface so they can't be returned alive. I take these fish to a local otter sanctuary.

We also try to return any fish alive who are obviously full of roe. Same goes for crabs.

same here, i am probably the furthest removed from an animal rights nutter its possible to be - but indiscriminate floor-trawling nets and especially the national japanese mental retardation for slaughtering whales, sharks and fish like its going out of fashion - really gets up my nose. at least they eat it i suppose, as opposed to acorn-dicked chinamen bankrolling the massacre of earths's rhino and tiger populations in bizarre disregard to the accepted biological facts

having said that, calling fishing a bloodsport is an incorrect anthropomorphism of the matter. fish have no emotions and have recently been shown to not process pain in the way we understand it, just react as for any other outside stimuli

if youre worried about fish welfare, bile should probably be aimed more at the rabid pressure groups who extend almost unbelievable boundaries of protection around voracious fish predators such as otter, mink & cormorants who, thanks to the animal rights nutters, are now at epidemic proportions

you got a license for seatrout and salmon?

If you haven't got a license might as well fuck the Mepps off and geta big bunch of lobworm on a hook.

Got a season ticket no licence required this way. Its just a small river that needs a good tide to bring in the tourists. Still not hook anything yet but i am gonna invest in a wee fly rod.

having said that, calling fishing a bloodsport is an incorrect anthropomorphism of the matter. fish have no emotions and have recently been shown to not process pain in the way we understand it, just react as for any other outside stimuli

I looked into this a while ago, seems latest research clearly shows that fish feel pain.