• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

beasts-of-no-nation.jpg

Room - After five-year-old Jack and his mother escape from the enclosed surroundings that Jack has known his entire life, the boy makes a thrilling discovery.
i have heard this is brilliant. need to check it out.

alasdair

sick movie mate, really captivates you n brings you along for the journey, proper good movie

Agreed 'Beast of no Nations' is one hell of a movie.

i have heard this is brilliant. need to check it out.
alasdair

I really enjoyed it Ali, as you can imagine it is pretty harrowing but still a solid movie. I can imagine the book to be a great read - might try and pick that up for my next read.

My friend forced me to watch the film 'Chemsex' last week. I am still reeling. I found it so upsetting. The spread of HIV, gay men deliberatly contracting it to "get it out the way" as it's almost inevitable at chemsex parties-slamming, DJ Fat Tony talking about pulling all his teeth out on a meth binge..Christ.
Chemsex

My friend forced me to watch the film 'Chemsex' last week. I am still reeling. I found it so upsetting. The spread of HIV, gay men deliberatly contracting it to "get it out the way" as it's almost inevitable at chemsex parties-slamming, DJ Fat Tony talking about pulling all his teeth out on a meth binge..Christ.
Chemsex
Sounds full on but some of those things ring true from what some of my gay friends have told me about what they have been doing in Sydney. One of my mates recently got HIV from barebacking on meth binges in sex venues in Sydney. He is quite nonchalant about it too...its quite sad.

I actually went upstairs saying I needed the loo about half way through chemsex film so I could just have a little cry. There is one man in it who was at a sex party and he was restrained and in a hoist consentually but he then goes on to say the two guys who were fucking him asked him if he slammed, he said he didn't know what that meant...
They then said to him oh well it doesn't matter your getting it anyway and injected him with meth...kind of puts a new spin on the term drug rape. He is HIV positive now. I am not shocked by anything...as an ex professional Mental health worker I have seen and heard and dealt with things people could not even begin to imagine especially in the Forensic sector BUT this docu-film is heavy duty. Ultimatly so desperatly sad too. The film sort of suggests it's very much a London based minority scene and it saddens me even more you saying it is common? in Sydney too.

The spread of HIV, gay men deliberatly contracting it to "get it out the way" as it's almost inevitable at chemsex parties-slamming, DJ Fat Tony talking about pulling all his teeth out on a meth binge..Christ.

I have mentioned bug parties before where people go to have unprotected sex with the intention of getting hiv (givers / chasers etc) the thing is now with the likes of pRep and truvada the HIV prevention medication 'some' groups see this as a green card for the chem sex depicted in this kind of movie - slamming, slings, random partners etc. When the treatment became so good lots of people saw that as a good enough excuse not to practice safe sex anymore as HIV was no longer seen as a death sentence.

I have mentioned bug parties before where people go to have unprotected sex with the intention of getting hiv (givers / chasers etc) the thing is now with the likes of pRep and truvada the HIV prevention medication 'some' groups see this as a green card for the chem sex depicted in this kind of movie - slamming, slings, random partners etc. When the treatment became so good lots of people saw that as a good enough excuse not to practice safe sex anymore as HIV was no longer seen as a death sentence.
That was pretty much my friends attitude to hiv. He actually said he was happy to get it. And yes chem sex parties are huge in the Sydney gay scene. Meth is rampant here and the gay community were the first to really embrace it.

Yes I am aware HIV is no longer the death sentence it once was due to ARV meds and PEP being used like a morning after pill for not contracting but this film..Have you seen it Bear. It's the often non-consentual issue and the dishonesty that is highlighted...how desperatly sad and locked into the scene and not enjoying it...waking up not knowing what has happened or been done to you..when this 25 year old starts crying at one point..your heart will break..it does highlight also the change in lifestyle for some and how yep the slamming/sex is fucking out of this world in that moment but there is no love, no real friendships...none of their mates want to go to dinner ay more-just pin and fuck..and DJ fat Tony saying he unscrewed his teeth on meth? WTF

There just seems so much abject misery and well...I have said enough..worth watching but powerful thought provoking docu/film making..

Yes I am aware HIV is no longer the death sentence it once was due to ARV meds and PEP being used like a morning after pill for not contracting but this film..Have you seen it Bear. It's the often non-consentual issue and the dishonesty that is highlighted...how desperatly sad and locked into the scene and not enjoying it...waking up not knowing what has happened or been done to you..when this 25 year old starts crying at one point..your heart will break..it does highlight also the change in lifestyle for some and how yep the slamming/sex is fucking out of this world in that moment but there is no love, no real friendships...none of their mates want to go to dinner ay more-just pin and fuck..and DJ fat Tony saying he unscrewed his teeth on meth? WTF

There just seems so much abject misery and well...I have said enough..worth watching but powerful thought provoking docu/film making..

I watched it after I posted just to see what it was about and to be honest it's nothing really new or even that surprising (or worse) shocking to see or hear. A lot of people on here have made similar posts - taking xyz substance for day on ends, not really enjoying it but come next weekend they are doing it all over again. The 25 year old you mentioned, this could be anyone who thinks its a good idea to enter a strangers house that they had just met on the street - has nothing really to do with the slamming scene and nothing to do with the gay scene either.

I wasn't shocked I just felt so very sad.I hope you didn't think it was a waste of time watching it? I am probably one of those people that often does huge looong stim binges (not so much these days). I thought it was worth mentioning the film and worth a watch for everyone regardless of sexuality. I got myself into some very messy situations when I was a young woman,, I had a chronic cocaine problem for about 10 years and when you end up doing an 8 ball alone with your dealer just so you know the coke doesn't run out I sadly DO know and am not proud of some of the things I did semi consentially and I too know the consequnces of reality loss and things going too far and sex, coke..no consent but being too fucked to stop the inevitable..smashed doors/threats/much worse.

And this was before Tinder, Grinder etc etc..like you say going into a strangers house with no one knowing where or who you are with so may people I know think this is perfectly OK now..throw drugs into the mix ..well...So I agree with you to some degree. Dj Fat tony feels that Grinder etc should be held responsible and culpapble to a degree. I am not sure about that....I think if this film makes some more aware-self aware and take some responsability and make people more cautious then, well, that in itself is quite a powerful outcome?

Meth: sex party drug behind HIV rise in London gay -DJ Fat Tony interview

Last edited:
I wasn't shocked I just felt so very sad.I hope you didn't think it was a waste of time watching it? I am probably one of those people that often does huge looong stim binges (not so much these days). I thought it was worth mentioning the film and worth a watch for everyone regardless of sexuality. I got myself into some very messy situations when I was a young woman,, I had a chronic cocaine problem for about 10 years and when you end up doing an 8 ball alone with your dealer just so you know the coke doesn't run out I sadly DO know and am not proud of some of the things I did semi consentially and I too know the consequnces of reality loss and things going too far and sex, coke..no consent but being too fucked to stop the inevitable..smashed doors/threats/much worse.

And this was before Tinder, Grinder etc etc..like you say going into a strangers house with no one knowing where or who you are with so may people I know think this is perfectly OK now..throw drugs into the mix ..well...So I agree with you to some degree. Dj Fat tony feels that Grinder etc should be held responsible and culpapble to a degree. I am not sure about that....I think if this film makes some more aware-self aware and take some responsability and make people more cautious then, well, that in itself is quite a powerful outcome?

Meth: sex party drug behind HIV rise in London gay -DJ Fat Tony interview

Do you not think that because of our need to label things - chem sex is just a reflection on how integrated drugs are into our society? If we took something like alcohol and applied the same scrutiny that the documentary did on 'meth and G' - Billy Blogs waits all week for a Friday night, goes and scores his drug of choice (10 pints) wakes up next day after having sex with somebody he does not know, has nothing in common with other than they were both drunk and horny the night before.

Now for most people they will save this for a Friday, Saturday night but we all know that people go out a few times a week with the intention of getting pissed and having sex. Gays have pretty much always been happy to have sex without the hangups that is associated with the straight scene (for what ever reason), now that there are drugs that you can take that prolong the experience and make you even more sexual than ever then it is pretty much an expected result.

There has always been chemsex and there has always been groups of people who fall into the clutches of that drug. Most of the people in the documentary were not physically dependent on the drug or sex but because of this label of 'chemsex' it has normalized the use of Meth and when people are using meth (or any drug) without putting that much thought into it, then problems with addictions arise.

I personally didn't see anything in the documentary that would put people off - even the story of the DJ pulling his teeth out. The sex party - it was stranger sex, no strings in a safe place, where the sex was almost mechanical - take this drug, do these things, have as much fun as you want, come down leave. For some people that is perfect.

I don't think the apps are to blame, a lot of profiles state 'chem friendly' now as people know that drug use is pretty common, if you don't use drugs or don't want the person to be using then you have the option to move to the next guy or simply ask what drugs are they into, will they be using when your with them etc? The apps has made finding what your looking for easier - but we still have the choice on what we do with our bodies.

Last edited:
People women especially will definitely do things out of character sexually when on drugs. I've seen girls who were classy wind up fucking 2 guys at once on ecstasy. Is it rape? Absolutely not the guys are fucked too and she's the one who's initiated it. Will she regret it? Quite possibly.

People women especially will definitely do things out of character sexually when on drugs. I've seen girls who were classy wind up fucking 2 guys at once on ecstasy. Is it rape? Absolutely not the guys are fucked too and she's the one who's initiated it. Will she regret it? Quite possibly.

Of course they do and isn't that usually the point? If it was a one off and you hated the experience - you wouldn't do it again. This is where the entire 'chemsex' label splits - if she takes ecstasy again 'only' to have uninhibited sex it's 'chemsex' - if she goes partying and then end's up fucking a few guys, its just a fun night out?

Personally either way it would be the same to me. Partying entails drinking which is just another drug. I agree with what you said, the tag is just a reflection on how integrated drugs are in modern day society, let's face it most parties have drugs and many people who try drugs and have sex on them, whether they see it as a mistake or not are likely to do the same thing again. I think with drugs like meth or cocaine surely there is room for the option they didn't like where they ended up, yet are hooked on the drugs, which lead them to having sex or winding up in risky situations. I think that's partly what inflo was trying to say.

The outcome for a few of these people who were injecting, sharing needles, having unprotected sex was they contracted HIV. They were more hooked on the 'chemsex' than they were on either the chem or the sex, the chems made them forget the usual safety precautions of sharing pins, wearing condoms etc and this ultimately led to them contracting HIV.

The thing is, which I briefly mentioned above - now that the risk of HIV has been reduced due to drugs like pRep - is this going to make more people get into this type of 'chemsex' if the only thing putting them off was the risk of contracting HIV or another STD.

Could a mod maybe split this thread copy Inflos first post as the started as this could generate some discussion and will derail the Film Thread.