• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM Question

Benadryl Dry Forte contains sorbital... nice if you like to use laxatives recreationally

yep learnt this the hard way... or the not so hard way if you want to look at it like that ;)

fucking awful experience tho...
tripping off my head and just launching the contents of my stomach into the toilet.... *shakes head* I swear it ripped the lining of my intestines out. :p

Red Koi said:
yep learnt this the hard way... or the not so hard way if you want to look at it like that ;)

fucking awful experience tho...
tripping off my head and just launching the contents of my stomach into the toilet.... *shakes head* I swear it ripped the lining of my intestines out. :p

So you'd recomment trying it?? =D

hmmmm.. I tried Robo DX just one time. It sucked..8(

Never again. The wost part was.... well.. let's just say the nausea! I still have a bottle sitting on my shelf, and each time I look at it I can see it's evil staring back at me...no fun (for me anyway)

It's amazing, all you guys who have bad experiences from DXM, I think you must hit it too hard straight off or something. I think "less is more" might be the key, especially for beginners.

An old favourite of mine (Even though it says quite clearly in the FAQ don't mix DXM with alcohol) is 160-200mg of DXM with minimal amounts of alcohol (2-6 Drinks)..

I can't say it's ever made me feel particularly sick though..

^ Me either. For the hundredth time, to all the people who get sick from DXM smoke weed with it for gods sake!

S-R said:
^ Me either. For the hundredth time, to all the people who get sick from DXM smoke weed with it for gods sake!

That is so true, even for a dedicated weed hater like me, it makes a huge difference ;)

Did I remember hearing about some process for seperating the DXM from the rest of the shit?
I didn't enjoy it at all. Maybe if I wasn't alone. My recolection of it is like having the memory of a goldfish and ........what was I saying?

Benadryl Dry Forte... Dxm related qs

on the bottle of Benadryl Dry Forte it states that each 5ml of oral liquid contains: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg. it then says also contains saccharin sodium and sorbitol. wondering if saccharin sodium and sorbitol are active or if not why its points them out? like could they interfer.

off site:
Cough medicine for dry, raspy coughs. Highest strength Dextromethorphan product available over the counter.

Active Ingredients: Each 5mL of syrup contains

Dextromethorphan 15mg
Also contains saccharin sodium and sorbitol
Sugar free, colour free and alcohol free
Non-drowsy Product Purpose
Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant which reduces the urge to cough
Butter-Menthol flavour

just wondering wat ppl think?

I know that saccherin (sp?) is a sweetening agent, sorbitol I have heard of but a search through google sugests it is also a sweetener of some sort.
[EDIT: Its actualy a sugar based alcohol I think? /EDIT]
I would hazard a guess from this that both chemicals are inactive. The reason they need to list them is probably due to some people having adverse (alergic) reactions to them.

Sorbitol is a fruit-based laxative or something..it's just used for sweetening.
From http://codeine.50g.com :

** ACUTE TOXICITY DATA **

TYPE OF TEST : TDLo - Lowest published toxic dose
ROUTE OF EXPOSURE : Oral
SPECIES OBSERVED : Human - woman
DOSE/DURATION : 1700 mg/kg/D
TOXIC EFFECTS :
Gastrointestinal - hypermotility, diarrhea
REFERENCE :
AJDDAL American Journal of Digestive Diseases. (New York, NY) V.5-22,
1938-55; New series: V.1-23, 1956-78. For publisher information, see
DDSCDJ. Volume(issue)/page/year: 23,568,1978

TYPE OF TEST : LD50 - Lethal dose, 50 percent kill
ROUTE OF EXPOSURE : Oral
SPECIES OBSERVED : Rodent - rat
DOSE/DURATION : 15900 mg/kg
TOXIC EFFECTS :
Details of toxic effects not reported other than lethal dose value
REFERENCE :
FAONAU FAO Nutrition Meetings Report Series. (Rome, Italy) No.?-57,
1948-77. Discontinued. Volume(issue)/page/year: 53A,498,1974

As the others have said sorbitol is a sweetner that will give you a bad case of the runs if you have to much of it. The saccharin shouldnt have any adverse effects at the doses you'll be having.

Both of those ingredients are listed on the box so that people who have special dietary needs (heart patients, diabetics, people who have certain food allergies ect) are able to factor these substances into their daily intake. Same reason the ingredients list for almost every packaged food known to man has the "may contain traces of peanuts" disclaimer.

ah guys the flatulence has beeen stupid(not so much running to the toilet but farting!) . first time trying dxm. i just tried to type a report but i'm still on comedown, having some cones and it realy not want i want to be doing right now.
dosage: 2 professional sampler 30ml bottles from a pack of 10 (bendadryl dry forte) so thats 180mg of DXM. lil scary, ppl annoy you. random times of bliss and really scary parts. seems so much better now but;) wtf watevr

DXM threads merged. Future reference: to search for 3-letter drug names, include a "*" at the end of the drug name, i.e., "DXM*", "GHB*" etc.

BigTrancer :)

yeahdude said:
dosage: 2 professional sampler 30ml bottles from a pack of 10 (bendadryl dry forte) so thats 180mg of DXM.

for my first time i had three of those little bottles and a few cones. what can i say, i was fucked off my nut. i walked outside and the trees started swirling....crazy

everybody PLEASE DO NOT TAKE BENADRYL DRY FORTE - it contains so much seedy shit that will make you puke/shit your guts out. its absolutely RANK. they purposely put the stuff in to discourage you from drinking it.

from my experience, the BEST way to go for an awsome DXM experience to:

1. eat some carbohydrates like bread/crackers/etc. before and during your trip, this will help to absorb some of the liquid and stop u yackin it back up.

2. drink ROBITUSSIN DX ONLY (no other brands) over a long period of time (an hour or so+).

3. smoke cones to kick the effects in (one cone feels like 100)

4. TRIP TRIP TRIP

my mate drank a whole 200ml bottle (!!!600mg!!!) in 2 hours and didnt get sick at all. (he did get very high though) :D :D

ENJOY

[Edit: Source requests of any kind are prohibited in this forum and the majority of The New Bluelight. Please read the Posting Guidelines. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
pat420 said:
my mate drank a whole 200ml bottle (!!!600mg!!!) in 2 hours and didnt get sick at all. (he did get very high though) :D :D

Most of my mates consume a whole bottle in one go when they do DXM, I always thought this was 'normal'.
Is this not the case?
Most people I know who've done it just chug it, sit back and enter space.
=D
PEACE

^ I prefer MUCH lower doses of DXM for social situations, more like 50-80mL (150-240mg DXM). This equates to a first-plateau experience for me, and is IMO much easier and fun on many fronts than a 600mg DXM experience.

Sittin' at home, found half a bottle of Robo in the bottom of my cupboard, just thought I'd give the ol' low dose a go.
Thanks for the reference BT, you've turned me into an active psychonaut.
8o =D
Might give the cones a go a bit later at a mates.
PEACE

Edit: Meh, didn't really do anything other than impair my balance a little and give everything a 2-D sort of feel.
Not really worth it at low doses IMO.
Had cones a couple of hours afterwards, probably too late for any impact to be felt in conjunction with the DXM.
:\
Anyway... PEACE

Last edited:
Meh, didn't really do anything other than impair my balance a little and give everything a 2-D sort of feel... Yeah fair enough that kinda dissociation is pretty normal for DXM, but at least you didn't hate it or throw up eh?