• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM Question

I may be in the minority but I don't mind the taste of Robo at all.
It tastes a little bit sweet and kind of warms you up on the way down (in a similar fashion to a straight whisky).
I did feel a little ill at times, noticable about an hour after dumping it, but nothing too uncomfortable.
I guess i'm probably in the greater majority described in so many DXM FAQ's that 'probably wouldn't bother with another DXM experience', be it out of inconvinience.
Maybe sometime in the future.
:)
Thanks BT for the [always] useful info.
PEACE

I had DXM the day after going out and having pills (I know very bad idea but I didn't know at the time, luckily I had no seratonin left in my brain to give me seratonin sydrome)

I had a very heavy experience at the beach in the day-time, it was a trip from hell! Every time I would close my eyes my thoughts would be a scattered mess and every time I had them open my vision would spin and I would feel sick. I was going back and forth from this for about an hour which felt like 4 when it slowly started to wear off and I could function properly again. I had user 100mL of RoboDX as well but I'm guessing it had a stronger effect because there was still MDMA lingering in my body being broken down so the Robo was much stronger for the dose.

It was very stupid, I know, I never realised at the time. Both my and my friend are completely fine and its been about a year since it happened.

What I hated most was the 2 day comedown of not being able to concentrate properly, feeling like I couldnt express words properly, feeling like a couldn't read properly, it was fucking horrible! I've had it at a lower dose since then which was okay but I think it a higher dose which puts you into the 4th plateu its when you get the horrid comedowns.

Bah, I even had a cough and was loosing my voice and it still did nothing :p

^ Sounds like a pretty typical second plateau trip to me. The double-vision makes you feel like the world is spinning and it can be hard to focus on anything. This snippet is excerpted from William White's DXM FAQ hosted on Erowid ():

5.4 The Second Plateau

With the second plateau (around 2.5-7.5mg/kg, 6.4mg/kg suggested from regular users) several new effects become evident. The most profound is that DXM begins to take on a heavier "stoning" characteristic, and senses and cognitive function are affected accordingly. Closed-eye hallucinations start for some people on the second plateau. Some of the first plateau effects, e.g., the music and motion linked euphoria, may diminish or stop entirely.

Second plateau trips usually take between 30 and 60 minutes to start (on an empty stomach), peak about 2 to 3 hours later, and last about 6 hours. Again, gel capsules take up to 1 hour additional to dissolve. Hangovers are not common with lower second plateau trips, but some people experience them.

A general narrative of the second plateau: The trip beings identically to the first plateau trip, although the alert and early effects may be noticed earlier. After passing to the music and motion euphoria stage, the first plateau sensations begin to be overshadowed by disruptions in sensory processing, as sensory input begins to get "choppy". Both sight and sound take on a dreamlike characteristic and one begins to feel increasingly detatched from the outside world. There may be bursts of sensory deprivation where the outside world seems to go away, but overall one maintains contact (somewhat incoherent) with the outside world. After a few hours of an overall "stoned" feeling, the sensations begin to subside. A slight hangover consisting of lethargy may be noted the next day.

As you can see, 300mg DXM (~100mL Robitussin DX syrup) falls pretty much in this region for most of the adult bodyweight range. Personally (~95kg) I find 240mg in a single dose is about the limit of the first plateau, any higher and it's double-vision city. Having had MDMA prior to the DXM probably left you a lot more scattered to begin with, and more open to hallucinations and paranoia. It's those effects at the second plateau that leave me much more content to use low dose DXM recreationally.

BigTrancer :)

AndyzPsylocybes said:
One quick question which I couldn't find a 100% answer by searching.

I've never tried DXM, never tried to try DXM but surely do want to try DXM. All I really wanna know is if I walk into my local chemist, are they likely to have Robitussin MS in there AND is there a good chance they will sell it to me? Please note I am an average height 16 year old.

I realise you might not want this thread here, if you could just leave it until I got a good relative answer would be much appreciated, after that do what ya want with it. Thanks.

Andy, you have found a really nice way to kill yourself champ. Having just returned from you big drug conference in the US where people are knocking themselves off on a regular basis with DXM, stick to something that doesn't make you vomit and fall over so much. Our drug death stats leave the Amercians for shame and we want to try and keep it that way.

Cheers,

Buck

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
anyone know what the physiological cause behind such a bad comedown is?

P_D??? Velocidex?

I'm not entirely sure... DXM is a serotonin releaser, and much of its antitussive (cough suppressant) effect is due to that, it seems. I posted a shitload of links on that around here somewhere, though you can quite easily find msot of them by going to pubmed and searching for dextromethophan and serotonin. Perhaps that's implicated?

If you're looking at NMDA antagonism, that can produce a hangover too, it seems. Whilst I'm not sure of the mechanism, both DXM and ketamine can produce such an effect. You have to remember that dopamine and serotonin are just modulatory neurotransmitters. When you mess with NMDA receptors you're messing with glutamate, the brain's main neuotransmitter. It's serious shit, and I'm not surprised there's some negative effects...

I don't know enough about that system to speculate further...

Re: Re: DXM Question

buck_reed said:
Andy, you have found a really nice way to kill yourself champ. Having just returned from you big drug conference in the US where people are knocking themselves off on a regular basis with DXM, stick to something that doesn't make you vomit and fall over so much. Our drug death stats leave the Amercians for shame and we want to try and keep it that way.

Cheers,

Buck

Perhaps not for long. The UN says Australia has the fastest growing psychostimulant problem in the world, especially with Ecstasy

Re: Re: Re: DXM Question

VelocideX said:
Perhaps not for long. The UN says Australia has the fastest growing psychostimulant problem in the world, especially with Ecstasy
This is true. Although when you do look at the figures, our per capital death rates fare well. Having looked at the recent US version of the household survey, our numbers of ecstasy users are closely matched and we seem to have less fatalities. I am only speaking anecdotally, but there seem to be some US based users who are just hell bent on trying anything while most Australian users stick to what they know.

Cheers,

Buck

I took 60ml (180mg) of Robotussin DX on friday night. I was expecting a mild high from it but actually got nothing at all. It sort of surprised me too because Im not a big guy (65kg). I do handle most drugs quite well though to the point that I need a little extra to get the the place I want to be but being my first time with DXM I thought 180mg would be plenty. Im going to give 300mg a go this weekend coming up if I dont do any overtime at work, Ill probably make a thread about it if it goes good.

Does anyone how effective it is to take 300mg dxm, then re-dose later with another 300mg (half-bottle each time)?

BT?

Thanks.

Cpt.Caveman said:
I had DXM the day after going out and having pills (I know very bad idea but I didn't know at the time, luckily I had no seratonin left in my brain to give me seratonin sydrome)

It's not getting seretonin syndrome that's the worry here. It is the strain on your liver, DXM and MDMA are both processed by the same enzyme (can't remember the name). If you were well into the come down you're probably going to be ok.

I have however had non-recreational doses of DXM during the day for a few days then gone out and had MDMA and felt VERY SICK. I never throw up from pills but I did this time. I can't say for certain that this was the reason, but I can't think of anything else that would've caused that.

pinkanga: In my experience it will be effective to re-dose, and I don't think you'll notice much inhibition of the effectiveness of the booster dose.

BigTrancer :)